It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

‘Unprecedented’: 13 aircraft mysteriously disappear from radars in heart of Europe

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 10:36 AM
link   
I'd bet it's somebody who doesn't know what they're doing running a boosted FPV transmitter on an R/C aircraft rig. Many video transmitters run on microwave frequencies. It's plausible that it would interfere with ground based radar if close enough in proximity.

I'm guessing this because downtime durations mentioned are less than half an hour each time. Guess what typically flies that long?

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 11:00 AM
link   
When I read that, it made me really uncomfortable thinking about it.
Seems like somebody is testing out the possibilities.
Maybe MH 370 was a first try for such an "attack" and now they are checking the security measurements Europe and USA have in place, before they will hit a larger attack on main fly routes.

Hope this is wrong and we have another explanation.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58 LMAO, 0 for 3....damn.

Not my best father's day...

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Who knows what is causing it. Technological Evolution has allowed for anyone smart enough to be 2 degrees of separation from collapsing society, so maybe someone hacked into the air traffic system.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Wrabbit2000

It might be exaclty that, testing.

MH370 disappears March 8
Patent US 8,671,381 B1 was approved on March 11

I am by no means an expert on anything, but I cannot shake that Freescale Semiconductor lost valuable engineers on that flight, and possibly a prototype of some sort.
Also, Freescale is now the sole beneficiary of above patent.

Robert Bingham filmed this following vid, on April 19.
It verifies that a spy-plane recently indeed did disrupt commercial air traffic in the US.
Apparently from 60.000 ft.
www.youtube.com...=20

And now this mysterious 25 min. disappearance of multiple planes.
Smells like someone is testing, possibly showcasing proof-of-product to a prospective buyer, to me.
(sry if links do not work, this is my first post here)

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: SurrenderingAmerica

'What caused the interference' ?

- X-class flares ?

- Military drills (nato) ?

- Faulty transponders (multiple airliners) ?

- Some other explanation. . .?

. . . It all seems too reminiscent of the missing flight 370, imo. Would definitely like to hear what other members have to say about this curious occurrence.

When all logical explanations come to a dead end, it's got to be high altitude " swamp gas ".

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 08:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

I wonder if this technology could jam identification friend or foe (IFF) transponders giving a plane time to strike a target before a scramble? Not sure if the transponder frequencies are remotely similar.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 08:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Kukri

Theoretically, I think it could be done. In reality, it would be much harder to do.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 09:31 PM
link   
a reply to: SurrenderingAmerica

The sun is in a more active phase then it has been for a very long time being as though we are not currently aware of exactly how the sun is constructed it would not be unreasonable to consider that as a possible colpret in this situation.

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I am work without much time, so apologies if this was already mentioned. Some people on board the missing Malaysian flight were employees of IBM. To be exact they were working for a subsidiary for whom one of their main areas of focus is cloaking planes. Interesting that these people essentially go missing and now we see this strange behavior—perhaps a test. What important flight may go “missing” in the near future?

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 08:42 PM
link   
I'm just wondering if we are going to see more and more of this sort of thing (radar glitches), you know, since the missing Malaysian plane... is this a type of story to keep an eye out for?

The reason I wonder is because it struck me when I read this to remember an article I had read not long ago that was regarding the U.S. switching from the out-dated and flawed radar to a GPS system for all air traffic... Also, included in that article about "the switch" was this little tidbit:

The FAA is also required under the bill to provide military, commercial and privately owned drones with expanded access to U.S. airspace currently reserved for manned aircraft by Sept. 30, 2015. That means permitting unmanned drones controlled by remote operators on the ground to fly in the same airspace as airliners, cargo planes, business jets and private aircraft.

USA Today Article from 2012

When I read this I couldn't help but wonder what private businesses are going to be flying drones over our houses after September 30, 2015, if they are made completely legal. There's no telling what could fly over your house.

And also, the Air Traffic Control Association is hosting it's 59th annual conference and exposition from September 28 - October 1, 2014, which according to its website ATCA it says :

Attend the ATCA 59th Annual and CMAC to Experience:
- The largest ATC conference in the Americas with 3,000+ conference participants from more than 40 countries
- Key corporate and government decision-makers from throughout the world in attendance
- Extensive panel discussions, breakouts, and keynote speakers covering the issues you want to hear about
- Numerous networking opportunities and industry connections to be made
- More than 100 exhibiting companies, government agencies, and NGOs

It kind of makes one wonder in which direction air traffic is going in our near future... and to wrap it back around how it even connects to this story: I was just wondering if there were going to be numerous stories cropping up that suddenly start trashing the efficiency of the radar-system in order to make everyone feel ok with the switch to GPS. While I do agree the GPS system is far superior to the radar system, there were lots of other things put into law, not just the funding towards implementing the new GPS system, such as private companies, businesses, pretty much anyone it seems can fly an unmanned craft, potentially, over your home at any point in time, completely legally. Just something to ponder.

I found that article when I was searching about the Blood Moons or whatever and the last one falls on September 28, 2015, by the way. lol

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 12:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Kukri

Mmmmm, I love me some Kukri's!!!!!

I'm jelly lol (have two). Best hand-to-hand weapon. If you know how to use them properly & have confidence.

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 01:09 AM
link   
I didn't read the whole thread, but has anyone considered that there may be a correlation to activities at CERN?

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 03:13 AM
link   
Would a magnetic pole shift cause some interference. Just a thought.

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 05:27 AM
link   
Here's a thing I don't remember were I read it, it was years ago but I remember something about issues on The German/ cezc border with radar dateing back to ww2

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 05:46 AM
link   
a reply to: NoRulesAllowed

Could this mean that flight 370...was a test run of this jamming technology?

If they are controlling satellites, maybe the tech goes even further and can assume complete control of the aircraft..not sure what systems would allow that to happen, but seeing as most modern aircraft are fly by wire these days, it's not beyong the realms of possibility that an aircraft that flies using electronics could be hacked and taken over.

I can see how a ground operated military system that can essentially 'disappear' multiple large aircraft from radar screens would be a desirable tool...imagine waves and waves of non-stealth fighters, without having to be designed to be stealthy and carrying extra expensive tech to be stealthy, made to be invisible to ground based radar systems at the flick of a remote switch on the ground?

Very valuable tech.

Which if memory serves, wasn't that what those 20 or 30 passengers were working on, when they all went missing on flight 370?

Yeah, here it is:

A US technology company which had 20 senior staff on board Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 had just launched a new electronic warfare gadget for military radar systems in the days before the Boeing 777 went missing.

The Sunday Express

Curious coincidence...don't you think?

Taking it step further into the realms of Sci-Fi..what if the tech that is being used to make these ordinary non-stealthy aircraft effectively vanish from radar screens, is a further developed bastard child of the Montauk / Philadelphia experiments from WW2?

Maybe flight 370 was an initial test run, but the operators soon discovered they did something wrong, too much power perhaps, and they lost 370 completely instead of temporarily?

Perhaps 370 will turn up, flying on it's original course, with the passengers none the wiser in a decade or so?

edit on 2-11-2014 by MysterX because: added link and quote

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 06:52 AM
link   
a reply to: pauljs75

I'd bet it's somebody who doesn't know what they're doing running a boosted FPV transmitter on an R/C aircraft rig.

Doubtful on that claim.

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 06:53 AM
link   
This is really interesting could these lights have any relations to the strange sounds that have being picked in the pacific of this year?

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join