It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

‘Unprecedented’: 13 aircraft mysteriously disappear from radars in heart of Europe

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: SurrenderingAmerica
We Americans have all kinds of jamming equipment. We effectively render our own systems useless. Sorry about the radar stuff.

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 01:29 PM
link   
It could be really bad news for Europe. MH disappearance and now this .. I'm no conspiracy theorist, but these two events could be connected. Imagine that any plane could pass through without being noticed by radars. And if they can remotely program autopilot, there's no need for hijackers anymore. I just hope that this events won't lead to one bad day for aviation and Europeans.

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: baburak

The planes in Europe were not off primary radar, the transponders were not being seen.

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
a reply to: baburak

The planes in Europe were not off primary radar, the transponders were not being seen.

The same which happened with MH370 (CORRECT ME IF I AM WRONG!) because the other kind of radar which is not relying on the transponder data *did* indeed still see the plane, those military stations.

It is definitely an "odd" coincidence, and a speculative theory that "someone" targeted MH370 to make it disappear (from "normal" radar) does not seem *so* farfetched like it initially did.

I mean, the common "understanding" before was that someone in the plane (pilot etc.) manually "turned off" the transponder and other equipment...but now we KNOW there are other means to turn off the transponder signal. (Although I am pretty sure that the ability to have flights vanish from radar is nothing new at all, military can probably do that for decades already.)

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: NoRulesAllowed

All planes can disappear off "normal" radar. Air Traffic Control radar is normal radar, it's just secondary radar, which is the one that relies on the transponder.

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Planet X/Brown Dwarf is most likely responsible..incidents like the Malaysia plane disappearence..Air France off Brazil and blackouts and power cuts etc, have been predicted long before these events occured and the reason for this is EMP from that body and not the Sun, as that is most likely used as a scapegoat.

I will advise those interested to look at zetatalk-poleshift.ning and judge for themselves, taking into account the wealth of evidence in all areas that support this reason for all 'upset¨being experienced on Earth presently-see if it resonates with you.

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Simple explanation. The transponder boxes send out an ID. If the ID is scrambled or the signal level is blocked by a higher power signal on the same frequency then it can't be seen. Most likely done by design. Since it was concentrated in a single area it might be someone playing around. It would be interesting to find out if they have a way to triangulate an interference source.

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 10:09 PM
link   
a reply to: earthdude

Haha radar talk is more than welcome!

Spread the knowledge.

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 11:13 PM
link   
What if the people who took MH370 were moving it around and used the confusion to hide in plain sight?

Were these incidents at night or during daytime?

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 11:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Hmmmmmmm

But what if MH370 Just really crashed and all on board perished. I feel for their families as much as i wish it was just stolen.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 03:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: baburak
...I'm no conspiracy theorist...

Probably the oddest statement i've ever read on this conspiracy website

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 03:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: McGinty

originally posted by: baburak
...I'm no conspiracy theorist...

Probably the oddest statement i've ever read on this conspiracy website

well ... usually I'm not and trying to find reason in things. But this event got me going until i found a conspiracy theory

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 06:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58 HMM, I'm betting you wouldn't have posted this if you were convinced/knew the U.S. was involved.

That suggests that either Russia or China has matched U.S. capabilities??

Not good....

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 06:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58 Hmm, think "f-117"? How about F-22 and F-35??

The Raptor could have pulled this off and seeing the 35 is much newer technology-wise, I'd assume it is capable as well.

Still, as you've implied before, the Raptor hasn't used it's EW even in blue on blue exercises-no point exposing it when no one is going to defeat it- why expose it now?

Uneducated guess is NOT U.S.. Someone. cough,cough, is telling NATO we can diddle you any time we want....

edit on 15-6-2014 by nwtrucker because: spelling again

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 06:52 AM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

Sure I would have. I have before, so why wouldn't I this time.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Go back and reread it. I was talking about how the F-117 used facets to keep the radar beam from returning to the antenna, and displaying a return.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 06:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58 Now that I'm wasting your time, let's take it one step further.

Any nation that has purchased the F-35, or is considering purchases, may now independently develop that technology, based on the data from the 35...again assuming the 35 has that capability....or passed it on to the Russians.

I'm getting a headache again, off to work.LOL

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 07:01 AM
link   

The F-35 doesn't have it. This is one of those keep in your pocket technologies.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 08:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: datasdream
Simple explanation. The transponder boxes send out an ID. If the ID is scrambled or the signal level is blocked by a higher power signal on the same frequency then it can't be seen. Most likely done by design. Since it was concentrated in a single area it might be someone playing around. It would be interesting to find out if they have a way to triangulate an interference source.

ECM aboard military aircraft uses DRFM to paint a false target of itself and of course, they can inhibit or alter their own transponder ID. They are also capable of localizing the source of a high energy frequency jam directed at them, however these techniques are airborne based and would apply only to radars attempting to detect military aircraft.

Whatever is going on here seems to be a high energy jamming technology individually directed at the civilian aircraft itself. It could be satellite based if this is the case, since all of the planes affected would probably not be in the same radar horizon of a centralized ground based jam, unless there were multiple ground based jammers coordinated together. A scary scenario in either case. It could be a test of concept.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: charlyv

There are current, less than advertised systems that can take entire radar systems down (*cough*LA*cough*), as well as paint false targets, and blotting out other targets. They create as much confusion as possible to allow the aircraft to sneak through. And how much more confusion can you get than to have multiple aircraft suddenly disappear.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join