It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

‘Unprecedented’: 13 aircraft mysteriously disappear from radars in heart of Europe

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 11:43 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

It basically cancels the signal out, to put it simply.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 11:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

It analyzes the signal from the radar, and uses that to tell the radar "nope, nothing here", while at the same time sending signals telling it to look at these targets over there.

It's not always a deliberate attack. Sometimes the pilots go through their checklist, which involves activating the system for a self test, and just forget to turn it off after. Then they take off, the radar hits the receiver, and the system does what it is supposed to do.

Interesting.

What differentiates the commercial radars from the military, in order for them to continue tracking the 'vanished' planes?

I ask because just like MH370, these planes 'disappeared' from commercial radars yet remained visible on military.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 11:50 PM
link   
A primary radar return sees a target but it doesn't have transponder issued data to identify the aircraft.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Ok thanks.

You gotta love this part (lol):

So the researchers assumed that overzealous Electronics Warriors had the interference not only directed against a practice target, but also mistakenly irradiated half of Europe.

Oops.

Basically, the 1st incident (June 5th) was NATO exercising its EW against transponder aircraft and accidentally irradiated half of EU. This exercise took place in Hungary but affected Austria.

. . . The 2nd incident (June 10th) NATO's EW exercise had wrapped up in (Hungary). However, there was a current exercise going on in Southern Italy which technically couldn't disrupt Northern Germany radars.

So that leaves a few possibilities for the 2nd large scale incident:

A.) NATO - still was able to disrupt German radars

B.) U.S., Russia, China, India

C.) Hackers - penetrated air traffic control or satellite(s)

edit on 13-6-2014 by SurrenderingAmerica because: clarification

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 12:41 AM
link   
a reply to: SurrenderingAmerica

I could see hackers using the previous incident to time a test since the whole situation would be confusing to authorities trying to determine the cause.

Probably more military goofs. The world is going to accidental kill itself.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 12:52 AM
link   

The world is going to accidental kill itself.

More than likely at the rate things have been going lol.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 12:59 AM
link   
I'm just going to go ahead and say it since no one else has.

ALIENS!

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 04:07 AM
link   
I've thought since the beginning that MH370 was a massively public tech demonstration. This only further solidifies that thought.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 04:48 AM
link   

Well this bodes ill on so many levels that I do not even know where to begin. First of all, twenty five minutes is a pretty long time, when you consider the fact that a passenger aircraft or large cargo plane can travel a significant distance in that time frame. Not only that, but air traffic over Europe is fairly densely packed. The possibility of catastrophe is greatly increased when aircraft are invisible to radar.

Let us assume an aircraft moves at a speed of 647mph through the air. In twenty five minutes, providing I have my mathematics all neat and tidy, that equates to a distance of approximately 269.59 miles over the twenty five minute period. That's a significant distance to travel in a short space of time, and if those aircraft disappeared from radar for those twenty five minutes, that means that approximately five and a half hours of flight time in total, was totally un monitored by radar, spread across the individual incidents and affected aircraft.

And we are not talking about air traffic moving over vast expanses of ocean here, but over populated land, cities, towns and villages in various nations. If this radar dropout is caused by a piece of military electronic warfare equipment being tested, then it represents a significant marker for how little the parties which enacted this incident, care for the safety of their fellow human beings. If it is hackers at fault, getting into systems through back channels, and hijacking electronic warfare gear, then the same applies, although the main concern there would be the poor level of security surrounding that equipment or system.

If it IS a military testing initiative however, the government, or governments responsible should all be disbanded, hunted down, and butchered in the street for their off handed treatment of innocent people both on the ground, and in the air.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 04:56 AM
link   
This an interesting series of events..

Has any other news agency picked this up or do you think the media mute button is engaged?

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 05:03 AM
link   
My immediate thought on this: Would it affect incoming missile defences as well?

Nothing would be better for 'first strike capabilities' than if those missiles effectively disappeared from radar.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 05:07 AM
link   
HAARPs true purpose perhaps?

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 05:25 AM
link   
Is it perhaps that with the financial hardships even vital services such as air traffic control are not getting enough money to update it and maintenance is having to be cut. In the UK things have always been run on a shoe-string so that the Government has enough money to placate the elite and ponce around and impress the world, however the 'underwear is ragged'.

I must admit with the disappearance of M370, which will never go away, these happenings seem too much of a coincidence.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Here's a screenshot from Flightradar for the 5th 13.33.
Imagine the chaos this could have caused??

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 05:50 AM
link   
This is likely a very selective "test", either by friend or foe. Since I work in radar, I am not going to speculate too much on specifics, but the statement about it not affecting military radar can be taken a couple of ways: The group that did it will never admit it, and the military groups affected will not give away that they were being affected.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Maybe some gouverment entity or something, was testing something to try and shed light on what happended to MH370, coz they have no idea what happened to that flight and are trying to understand how it went off radar.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Don't worry.. most likely the americans testing one of their 'jamming satelites'. You know... the same kind of microwave/ particlebeam satelites they have in orbit which make those crop-circles.... or brought down the WTC in 2001..

But seriously... I dunno.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Any chance this may have been a result of increased solar activity in the last week?

I know on Tuesday lunchtime gps signals were reduced by some degree in the UK.

Not sure if it is linked as I'm not a radar operator or a cosmologist/meteorologist.

Apparently we are in for another blast today too so might be worth seeing if theres any more reports tomorrow.

Peace,

M.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 08:51 AM
link   
a reply to: masqua

Is it possible that the Russians are testing some new toys…I they do have NATO positioning missile batteries all around them. It would make sense to me that once they got their new EW system deployed they would want to see how it stood up to NATOs radar net. Also there is an added benefit that you can show off your superiority to your enemies.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 09:19 AM
link   
13 aircraft. That would appear to mean the majority were still visible. Sounds very selective and not random unless there is something common and unique in these particular aircraft.

Bad humans at play.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join