It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Caught on GoPro: Man jumps off cliff landing next to a Great White shark.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 05:06 PM
link   
The clip went viral after being posted yesterday out of Sydney Harbour. This has got to be one of the scariest things I've ever seen.

I'm sure this guy lost about 10 years off his life in almost 2 minutes; I pretty much did just watching it.

edit on 6/12/2014 by iamhobo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: iamhobo

Wow...

I said the same thing the guy in the video said...

HOLY S****!!!!

S&F

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Cool vid but I think it's a fake. If you look where the shark is first seen you'll see something very odd. Pause video at 00:59 and then unpause and pause again, you'll notice the shark jumps down and to the left by quite a lot just before his feet start kicking.

EDIT:
After looking at the youtube comments, I see somebody else pointed out the jump and also that if you look at the shark's position at 01:09- 01:10, right before the camera pops up out of the water, the shark's head would pretty much be in the side of the cliff.

EDIT 2:

Also:

indieopium23 minutes ago

It's fake, but the most revealing point is that it's two different sharks. The tail gives it away in 00:45 and 1:03 - it has white spots in different places. First tale has small dots sort of scattered, the second one is one large spot... 
Reply · 1

edit on 2014-6-12 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Hmm. We know who owns those waters..I'm surprised he didn't run acros the top of the water. I like the gurgling expletives.

Cheers,

Regards Bally.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 05:24 PM
link   

theres discussion of possible fakery.

from a video editors perspective... its perfect for doing such.

alot of camera shaking and bubbles and all kinds of all around chaos to help disguise the editing.

my mind latches on to a couple spots where the video feels wrong like it looks the the shark footage zooms in but the guys arms dont and this would simulate the shark getting closer but if done to fast it looks fake... the problem is the go pro footage is so heavily stablelized that theres all kinds of zooms and shakes and issues with it to begin with, this is what I'm talking about.... even if it looks fake its hard to call it such cause its blended very well.

my judgement as of now. skeptical. very very skeptical. BUT plausible. no obvious editing stand outs but its the poster child for faking.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 05:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: mindseye1609
it looks the the shark footage zooms in but the guys arms dont and this would simulate the shark getting closer

Yep, and when the zoom occurs not only does the shark become closer, so does everything behind it.

The guy up on the cliff shouting "shark" does not sound very convincing, and neither does the guy when he gets out of the water.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 05:40 PM
link   
I understand where people are coming from as far as it being called a fake, BUT -- people fail to bring up the fact that great whites either travel alone OR in groups of two. It is legitimately possible that there were two sharks present. It is also possible that it was faked -- it's all up to the viewer at this point.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Fake or not it's a cool video.

Thanks 4 sharing I think it's legit.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Selfie?

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

LMAO. (I smiled)

Seems a bit extreme.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 06:12 PM
link   
That will make you catch some snap. I knew a guy from New Zealand that said he was pearl diving. He felt something over him and looked up. It was a large great white. He said it slowed down and examined him and then moved on.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 06:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: iamhobo
I understand where people are coming from as far as it being called a fake, BUT -- people fail to bring up the fact that great whites either travel alone OR in groups of two. It is legitimately possible that there were two sharks present. It is also possible that it was faked -- it's all up to the viewer at this point.

Interesting vid, but as we mentioned earlier, when the shark comes closer so does everything behind it.

IF this is fake, then its possible the faker used a zoom effect to make the shark appear to come towards the swimmer, the problem is that would cause everything behind the shark to also come towards the swimmer, and thats exactly what we can see in the vid.

No soft cuddly sharks were hurt during filming.

(post by minusinfinity removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 06:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: minusinfinity

LMAO. (I smiled)

Seems a bit extreme.

Mmm, yep. Mind you, a GW profile is pretty extreme too, (not GW Bush, BTW) and since the guy is only just below the surface most of the time, and certainly when GW is there, you'd think that the tits on the cliff would be shouting a bit more than, "Shaaark"

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 06:47 PM
link   
2 words;

F#ðk THAT! :-|

I hope it's not fake, because that dude single handedly made a billion people's nightmares come true.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 06:49 PM
link   

every legitimate video I've seen of very extreme situations usually is moved along by a sound track of 4 letter words used emphatically and loudly.

O S#%@ HOLY F@%# WHAT THE BALLS DID YOU SEE THAT WHAT THE F@*($ lol you get the idea. dude on the cliff would of sounded like a drunken irish gypsy on his wedding night IMO had he really seen his buddy swimmin with that big ole feller.

ETA this is in Australia right? last i checked them boys loved to cuss lol. like a lot!
edit on 12-6-2014 by mindseye1609 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 07:09 PM
link   

I see a curious shark, not a predator casing its prey. If that thing had been hungry, no amount of gurgling and flailing would have saved that guy. If anything, the flailing would have sealed the deal.
edit on 12-6-2014 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian
I'm not seeing the difference in the tail spots, but I am looking on a small screen.

Edit: discussion here from people who know the place and the consensus seems to be fake, as the water is shallower than shown in the underwater scenes.

www.swimmersdaily.com...
edit on 12-6-2014 by Rob48 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 07:39 PM
link   

I would # my pants.

I wonder if that would hurt or help.

Are sharks attracted to #?

I think that guy reacted remarkably well. In other words, kudos to him for being able to continue swimming without passing out lol.

Edit: Also, appears to be fake. Oh well. I understand why people do it but can't we just have some real videos for once. Either way they spliced it together quite nicely.
edit on 12-6-2014 by OrphanApology because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Also, the person up top shouting "shark" is pointing in the opposite direction to where we first see the shark appear from. Oops!

Ok the more I watch it the more obvious it is that the underwater scenes don't match the above water ones. When the shark first comes into view, look at the surface of the water. There are quite big waves up there. That wasn't filmed in this flat calm harbour.
edit on 12-6-2014 by Rob48 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join