It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rick Perry compares homosexuality to alcoholism

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 06:24 PM
link   
What the #, seriously?

Rick Perry is an alcoholic, can go into treatment, and with an occasional relapse from a prostitute that might come up dead for revealing the secret, is revered in Texas as being apart of brass men that stomped out Ann Richard's legacy.

George Dubya Bush is a coke head, can go into treatment, and with an occasional relapse from a prostitute that might come up dead for revealing the secret, is revered in Texas as being apart of brass men that stomped out Ann Richard's legacy.

Paul Broussard was a gay man, who could not go into treatment, and for his personal preference of men was killed by ten teenagers similar to the dogma of the aforementioned, was not revered in Texas for being apart of a more liberal Texas that Ann Richard's tried to create.

James Cosby was a pothead, who can go into treatment for killing his lesbian daughter and lover in Texas www.nydailynews.com... d-daughter-lesbian-lover-gay-mom-article-1.1722103 is revered in Texas as being apart of brass men that stomped out Ann Richard's legacy.

What the hell is wrong with men in that state. How people can willingly go down there and support that economy and ideology is BEYOND ME. I wouldn't care if Texas was the ONLY state with employment, its policies against blacks, browns, and anybody not White, Male, and Heterosexual should FORCE the US Government to interviene like they did in Mississippi and Alabama back in the 60s with civil rights.

If Ann Richards were alive, she should slap the dog # out of Perry.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Now homosexuals get to take out of Rick Perrys bad choice of words and take things out of context.Rick Perry is saying if you cannot find anything in their DNA that proves why they are homosexuals maybe there is something else going on.

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 05:02 AM
link   
In a sense, Perry is correct. We all have addictions and desires, we get to choose which ones we act on. Whether that's what he meant or not, IDK. But I've thought this for a long time. We all have desires to do unnatural sinful things, but it's our choice to act on them. Homosexuality is no different.

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 05:22 AM
link   
Homosexuality is a choice. It's made by those that either are not interested in women or can't get women. People aren't born this way, you don't know what you're attracted to when you're a toddler. Enjoy your choice, but don't make it out to be some disease or human rights issue. It's an alternate lifestyle, nothing more.

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 07:52 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

From Earth, how about you? I guess it depends on how you define alcoholism, and the person involved. There is something called high functioning alcoholism where the person you already defined as a poor parent, and a poor employee puts the average person to shame.

So again YOU are generalizing a group of people, which is ignorant.

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 07:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Monger

Some do sure, do you know all of them personally?

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 09:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: simsumre
Homosexuality is a choice. It's made by those that either are not interested in women or can't get women. People aren't born this way, you don't know what you're attracted to when you're a toddler. Enjoy your choice, but don't make it out to be some disease or human rights issue. It's an alternate lifestyle, nothing more.

That's your viewpoint. Here might be a homosexual's viewpoint:

Heterosexuality is a choice. It's made by those who either are not interested in someone of the same sex, or who can't get someone of the same sex. People aren't born heterosexual, you don't know what you're attracted to when you're a toddler. Enjoy your choice, but don't make it out to be the only legitimate lifestyle - it's no more legitimate than homosexuality. It's just one lifestyle, nothing more.

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Euphem

Well, we are straying from the topic here, but... even high-functioning alcoholics have a real problem. They will hit bottom eventually, it just may take them longer.

High-functioning alcoholics can go years and even decades without being confronted, although as time goes on, most will incur some consequences: an angry spouse, maybe a failed marriage blamed on “other problems,” a DUI, or some other indication that they should address their drinking behavior. Often, until some major event occurs related to their addiction, they and those around them do not address the behavior.

A good example might be Diane Shuler, a 36-year-old mother who killed herself and eight others driving under the influence of alcohol and marijuana. Among the dead were one of her children and three nieces. Her son survived the crash. Her family reacted with shock and dismay: the woman they knew was not an alcoholic.

www.promises.com...

You are making it sound like it's perfectly okay to be an alcoholic. It is NEVER "okay" to be an alcoholic (unless you are a reformed alcoholic who no longer drinks). However, it IS okay to be homosexual.

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: ArchPlayer

Texas had a long history of Democratic governors until Bill Clements. With the exception of White and Richards around his terms, it's gone Republican. Bill was an oil man, like Bush 1. Perry switch sides during that time. Doubt it is a coincidence.

edit on 6/16/2014 by roadgravel because: typo

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

I know it's de rigureur here on ATS to think that it's settled science that homosexuality is a result of genetics and can't be reversed but a simple search on Bing or whatever search engine you want for "genetic causes of homosexuality" yields results that are all over the place and certainly ones that point out that the early "scientific studies" that claimed this were most certainly flawed.

Perry, as a public figure and my governor, does have a right to say what he thinks in this area and his statements, in the middle of SF of all places, reminds me of Mel Gibson's line in "Braveheart" where he says "I'm gonna go an peck a fight." To me it was borderline hilarious.

People, for now, have a right to live the life they want to as long as it doesn't hurt anyone else as witnessed by the numbers of homosexuals residing here in Texas. I hope and pray we don't go the way of the idiotic politically correct numbskulls in Colorado with the Nazi enforcement of the promotion of this lifestyle on the baker there. As far as the homosexual couple that was asked not to return to the restaurant here in Texas perhaps eateries can provide separate dining rooms for those people that enjoy pissing people off - like THAT's going to happen!

Homosexuality is a CHOICE and once you go down that path long enough the mental impressions and associtions one makes are difficult to shake just like it's nearly impossible for a flaming liberal to move over to the conservative view of things. As far as I'm concerned - and I've been searching this subject for years so I'm not talking in a vacuum - being homosexual is a "thing" you can do whenever you want but investing one's entire identity around what you do with your "privates" is abject foolishness. I treat homosexuals like I do "dimocrats" - just treat them like reasonably intelligent people and avoid them otherwise.

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Ollie769

Even though you claim to treat those with 'alternative' sexualities like anyone else you do not. The tone of your post is obvious that you are clueless about sexuality. It is you who has been conditioned to believe that homosexual is wrong and a choice.

Sexuality is NOT a choice. You did not choose to be straight. I tried to pretend to be straight for most of my adult life, I did NOT choose my sexuality.

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

I didn't say it was okay to be an alcoholic. Everybody has issues and addictions. Some are more tolerable and socially acceptable than others.

Someone addicted to food who is obese(hundreds of millions of people in the world) are they bad parents for not being an active, and healthy role model for their kids? Are they bad employees because they most likely will cause their employer more money in medical bills?

What about the person addicted to adrenaline who risks their life everyday. Or the person addicted to money who indirectly forces thousands of families out of their homes due to a financial crisis?

How about the person addicted to sex? Or the person addicted to gambling or shopping that spends their families entire savings?

I could go on and on, but my point is that you are generalizing an entire group of people for one flaw they have which isn't okay. Not every alcoholic is a bad parent and/or employee. Get off your high horse.

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: jrod
And, as always, if one doesn't agree 110% with the homosexual agenda and dogma they're automatically wrong. So much for objectivity.

As I said, I'm not talking from a vacuum here. I've been related to and seen the homosexual lifestyle up close and seen the ultimate desolation of it all. I read recently where the president - or otherwise "head honcho" - of the Exodus organization gave up the idea that psychotherapy could reverse the homosexual impulse. Even after some 20 or so years of him being married to a woman he couldn't shake his attraction to other men. So be it. The thing is he tried. The problem is - he quit trying and I hope he didn't leave a family in the lurch.

Sex is like heroin. It's instantly addictive and if pursued long enough in one manner or another is virtually unchangeable in a person's mind to find it any other way. Most people are basically heard animals. If they fall into a group that accepts them and is heavily into homosexuality any young person is going to be heavily imprinted with the desire to form superficial bonds with those people or groups that satisfy their base needs. I say this in reference primarily to male homosexuals. Lesbians almost need to be dealt with in their own category because they have a totally different programming code vs. men.

Homosexuality is a very complex issue but if one has a serious desire to change they can! The problem is one would, more than likely, have to leave their entire community behind in order to do so. If you changed how many of your "associates" would literally hate you for doing so - both hetero- and homosexual! So much for being in charge of one's life. Most people prefer being social lemmings.

edit on 16-6-2014 by Ollie769 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Sex is like heroin....okay. Sex is sex, regardless the gender of one's partner(s). There is a full spectrum of sexualities that are not deviant. It as NOT simple as homo vs hetero.

There is no homosexual agenda, that is a figment of your imagination. There has been an ongoing agenda to deny people basic rights based on their sexual orientation and gender identity.

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ollie769
The thing is he tried. The problem is - he quit trying and I hope he didn't leave a family in the lurch.

He tried to be straight. Why?

That's the problem right there. He should never have felt the need to be straight.

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

I went to Christian youth group activities in high school, I tried to follow that herd. I have never been one to follow a herd......

Maybe I'm just more of a shepherd that a sheep.

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: jrod

I went to Christian youth group activities in high school, I tried to follow that herd. I have never been one to follow a herd......

Maybe I'm just more of a shepherd that a sheep.

It's the herd I have a problem with.

IMO the "need" to be straight comes from outside pressure.

"Need to belong" is not the same as "want to belong". I think most of us go through phases of wanting to belong to the majority or the in group, to be accepted. Then we grow up (hopefully) and realize we are who we are, and that's a good thing.

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 01:17 PM
link   
From Ollie

. . . the president of the Exodus organization gave up the idea that psychotherapy could reverse the homosexual impulse. Even after some 20 or so years of him being married to a woman he couldn't shake his attraction to other men. So be it.

Homosexuality is a very complex issue but if one has a serious desire to change they can!

These two statements from the same post are contradictory.

A man, head of an inversion therapy group for 20 years, comes out stating he can't change his homosexuality.

But, you, in your "wisdom" have decided he is wrong. That he can change it.

Really?

edit on 16-6-2014 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 04:32 PM
link   
No, Annee, I was stating something that has come to be viewed as complete anathima in the permissive society that we live in today. I was saying that he had the ability to control himself if he so desired. As I stated before, once you've been down the road of homosexuality it will always be with you no matter what. You CHOOSE to be one way or another and if you choose early enough carrying it through to the end becomes easier.

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 04:49 PM
link   

You CHOOSE to be one way or another and if you choose early enough carrying it through to the end becomes easier.

No.
Just....no.

It's not a "choice". It is inborn.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join