It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rick Perry compares homosexuality to alcoholism

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: nixie_nox
The benefit to cats and dogs isn't a result of us being able to have sex with them.

That has not stopped some people however...

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Hahaha I was going to add something like that but decided to not go there.

Now THAT is actually unnatural.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: kruphix

You are obviously new to the site so take my word for that there were some on this thread. There is a detestable fringe element to each party that should fall into a black hole and leave the country to the rest of us.

I don't know what me being new to the site matters, except that you think your time spent on this site makes your opinion valid...which forgive me if I don't respect.

This is not a fringe element of the Republican party...this is the Republican parties LEADERS saying these things.

Keep trying to make excuses, but this is part of their platform.
edit on 13-6-2014 by kruphix because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: xstealth

What is with you people? Must one only be conservative or liberal? Or animals can be only homosexual or heterosexual?

This might be shocking to many, most mammals exhibit bisexual behavior as do a large portion of the human population. It very much is natural behavior.

Get over your self-righteous self and stop condemning your fellow human beings based on their sexuality.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: jrod

Bingo!

Hell, you only need to see my rats, Dexter and Oscar, for proof.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: kruphix
I don't know what me being new to the site matters, except that you think your time spent on this site makes your opinion valid...which forgive me if I don't respect.

It had nothing to do with my opinion and more to do with being a long-time member that knows who is or is not a Republican or Conservative by their posting history so spare me your snotty attitude.

This is not a fringe element of the Republican party...this is the Republican parties LEADERS saying these things.

Last time I looked media members were not leaders of either party.

Keep trying to make excuses, but this is part of their platform.

It has nothing to do with excuses and everything to do with reality. The people who are paid top discuss politics on a daily basis are compensated on ratings and these are generated, in large part, by self promotion and creation of controversy. See my previous analogy vis a vis leftists.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Last time I looked media members were not leaders of either party.

Rick Perry is not a part of the media...he was almost the Republican Presidential candidate.

And are you saying that other elected officials and leaders in the party don't share the same homophobic view as Perry does? Is gay marriage not a huge part of the Republicans platform right now?

edit on 13-6-2014 by kruphix because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Rick Perry is not a part of the media...he was almost the Republican Presidential candidate.

Really? What is your definition of 'almost'?

2012 Republican Primary Results Delegates Won:

Mitt Romney 1,151,275 79.6%

Ron Paul 147,900 10.2%

Rick Santorum 75,808 5.2%

Newt Gingrich 54,949 3.8%

Others 16,197 1.1%

Do you even see Ol' Ricky Boy on the list?

And are you saying that other elected officials and leaders in the party don't share the same homophobic view as Perry does? Is gay marriage not a huge part of the Republicans platform right now?

That is what I am saying. Perry, and people like him, are the fringe. The majority are right of center and have a more Libertarian view which means the Federal Government should stay out.

edit on 13-6-2014 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Well let's take a look at some of their views on homosexuality.

Romney:

"Some gays are actually having children born to them,'' he said. "It's not right on paper. It's not right in fact. Every child has a right to a mother and father.''

Speaking last fall to a Mormon Church gathering, Mitt Romney, then on the verge of launching a bid for a US Senate seat, expressed dismay at reports of homosexual behavior in the group and denounced homosexuality as “perverse,” according to several people present at the meeting.

Paul Ryan:

In 2003, Ryan voted in favor of the Marriage Protection Act, which would have prevented federal courts from considering and possibly overturning the Defense of Marriage Act.

Ryan voted in 1999 in favor of banning same-sex couples from adopting in the District of Columbia

Rick Santorum

"I have no problem with homosexuality," Santorum said, according to the AP. "I have a problem with homosexual acts."

"If the Supreme Court says that you have the right to consensual (gay) sex within your home, then you have the right to bigamy, you have the right to polygamy, you have the right to incest, you have the right to adultery. You have the right to anything,"

"Would we be discouraging heterosexual marriage by allowing gay marriage?" Bill O'Reilly asked Santorum.

"Yeah, I believe we would," Santorum replied.

There are so many more examples. If you want to continue to say that this is just the fringe, be my guest, but you are ignoring reality and not looking at the facts.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: LeatherNLace

So let me get this straight (sorry). We are mad at the guy for making a stupid comment about gay people, and then we make fun of him for possibly being gay because he was a cheerleader? Seems about as hypocritical as him being closeted...

The comment seems to be taken a bit out of context. I certainly don't know enough about the subject and apparently neither does he. To me it sounds like he's trying to say being gay is a result of something haywire in the brain (which doesn't seem too outlandish to me). They did some study on people with a foot fetish and it had something to do with a crossed wire. Equating it to alcoholism seems somewhat offensive but I don't think that was the point he was trying to make.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Since when did alcoholism equate to having trouble raising your kids and working at your job? There are endless amounts of things that are bad for your body and can kill your brain cells.

You are just as bad as Rick Perry with that reply.

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 05:30 AM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

so, basically, what he's saying is..

they're addicted

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 05:47 AM
link   
Let me guess, he is a closet case homosexual alcoholic:-)

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 05:49 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 10:16 AM
link   

If you force me to like show tunes I may jam a #2 pencil in my ears.

LOL!!

I've always wondered - if we jam a #2 pencil into our ears (or a screwdriver or ice pick) while a monstrous alien starfish (or other succubus, or even pillow) is preventing our nose and mouth from breathing, would we be able to breathe????

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1
Equating it to alcoholism seems somewhat offensive but I don't think that was the point he was trying to make.

Are you familiar at all with Texas conservatives fighting to keep gays from having equality in Texas? Knowing Rick Perry, this was EXACTLY the point he was trying to make. He's implying that just like alcoholism is something that is not beneficial so you should not give in to it; homosexuality is also something that is not beneficial so you should not give in to it. I don't just find that comparison "somewhat" offensive - I find it terribly offensive.

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Euphem
a reply to: kaylaluv

Since when did alcoholism equate to having trouble raising your kids and working at your job? There are endless amounts of things that are bad for your body and can kill your brain cells.

You are just as bad as Rick Perry with that reply.

Since when did alcoholism equate to being a stellar parent and reliable employee? What planet are you from?

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Romney:

Lost the election. Currently out of office.

Paul Ryan:

And where did this end up? It died in committee in a Republican controlled Senate.

Rick Santorum

See above. Less than 2% in a primary does not make you a 'leader'.

Being that I am slightly right of center (and this is where a majority of the country lays) none of these people are my 'leader'.

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
I've always wondered - if we jam a #2 pencil into our ears (or a screwdriver or ice pick) while a monstrous alien starfish (or other succubus, or even pillow) is preventing our nose and mouth from breathing, would we be able to breathe????

What about through your tear ducts?

I would prefer the succubus over the starfish if you plan on conducting the experiment.

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Euphem

Yeah, because alcoholics make great parents and swell and dependable employees.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join