It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rick Perry compares homosexuality to alcoholism

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 09:16 AM
link   

In that case he is right, Gay is not natural.

Artificially created in the lab?

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Trying to go the less cruel route to justify the Texas treatment option. There's treatment for alcoholism so why not 'the gay'? Just a new justification for poking noses into people's liberty... "You're not a sinner, you just have a treatable mental disorder". Does it come with a 12 step program? "God grant me the serenity to not go insane as I deny my nature."

Can't we start some kind of legislation to try to force straight people to live as gay? Is that what it's going to take to get these delusional bigots to back off gay people?

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: luciddream

Mind control to bring about the progressive agenda.

/sarc

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 09:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
Can't we start some kind of legislation to try to force straight people to live as gay?

If you force me to like show tunes I may jam a #2 pencil in my ears.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

There is actually a 12 step program to pray the gay away. I'm not going to bother to google it. Someone mentioned it to me when I was in the Navy.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

BUt, life is a cabaret my friend.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: jrod

Ah I was aware of pray the gay away, didn't know it was 12 steps though.... *facepalm*.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
BUt, life is a cabaret my friend.

In my case it is a Cabernet.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

i'Il take a Zinfandel.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Does the GOP really think continuing to attack homosexuals is a winning strategy?

I just don't get it, it doesn't win them anything. It makes them look like out of touch old religious nuts. The only people this attracts are those that are already voting GOP no matter what.

I think it just shows how completely out of touch the GOP is.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: kruphix
Does the GOP really think continuing to attack homosexuals is a winning strategy?

It is not the Republican Party as a whole, it is the far right that has this as their agenda.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

It is not the Republican Party as a whole, it is the far right that has this as their agenda.

You can't really separate the two at this point.

The Republican party has become further and further right over the past decade.

I don't see many Republicans rising up and speaking out against things like this.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: kruphix

You are obviously new to the site so take my word for that there were some on this thread. There is a detestable fringe element to each party that should fall into a black hole and leave the country to the rest of us.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

But the real leaders of the GOP are far right extremists! Rush, Hannity, Ingraham, Savage, etc.
It's the spokesmen that are the true popular leaders not the politicians.
And their hate of anything not aligned with their particular ideology of Christian fundamentalism is very apparent.

Do you think anyone listens to Reince Priebus? I'll bet you don't even know who that is.....

www.publiceye.org...
edit on 13-6-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: markosity1973
a reply to: xstealth

Natural compared to what? Your narrow minded view that all people should be straight perhaps?

Even in the animal kingdom homosexuality occurs.

If if the animals are homosexual only then their weak genetics die with them.

It's nature, hence the root word of natural. It's not natural for two men to do perverse acts.

It's clearly a mental disorder, as anything that goes against the laws of nature.

But that is my opinion...

Politically, I feel the government has no right dictating marriage and that should be left up to the individuals themselves, after all this is a free country. Marriage by law is all it is, not marriage by God's law which normal couples would have.
edit on 13/6/14 by xstealth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
But the real leaders of the GOP are far right extremists! Rush, Hannity, Ingraham, Savage, etc.
It's the spokesmen that are the true popular leaders not the politicians.

That is like saying Rachel Maddow, Chris 'Tingle' Matthews and Al Sharpton are the leaders of the Democratic Party. Stop falling into the polarization trap.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Who are you to decide that gay is not natural? You must be a pretty intense narcissist to assume you know all the inner workings of mother nature.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: xstealth
It's not natural for two men to do perverse acts.

It's clearly a mental disorder, as anything that goes against the laws of nature.

Using that approach oral sex is 'perverse' and 'against the laws of nature'. Heading south of the border on your heterosexual partner, while fun for them, is not going to create a baby, now is it?

And guess what? There were/are laws against that because people thought the same way you do.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: kruphix

A poster , whose name I wish I could remember, said on here years ago that: " The republicans have left the conservative party."

The party is so splintered, it is about to implode on itself.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Again, you are a narcissist to assume that you know all the workings of nature. You also show a severe lack of education in the workings of evolution.

The success of a species isn't soley based on procreation. There are many factors involved.

We have pets. Cats and dogs have had huge success as a species because of our codependant relationships. None of it has anything to do with procreation. The benefit to cats and dogs isn't a result of us being able to have sex with them.

As I have mentioned on another thread. One of the many successes of our species is.........,.

middle age. A period in a human's life where you no longer procreate BUT you are a productive member of the species. You have humans in a stage that do nothing but provide for the benefit of their groups as a whole.

They provide so others have the ability to procreate.

For all we know, there is homosexuality for the same reason.

Nature is extremely complex. Quit demeaning it and trying to dumbing it down due to your ignorance on the subject.

edit on 13-6-2014 by nixie_nox because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join