It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rick Perry compares homosexuality to alcoholism

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 07:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScientiaFortisDefendit
While it was a dumb remark, I have to ask - was it taken out of context? Was there more to the remark?

Why do I ask? Because if you get over your feigned shock and think about it, he does have a bit of a point, although I think he's probably ignorant either way. Everything has degrees - someone can be a raging alcoholic and absolutely nothing will work to get the off the bottle, others can be alcoholics and be very successful at quitting and staying away from it.

Sexually speaking, there are people both gay and straight who deliberately practice celibacy. There are others who just can't stop being promiscuous.

At the end of the day though, it's like being a bird that decides to walk everywhere. Nothing is going to change the fact that it's still a bird. Not my best analogy. So sue me.

Oh, I think the analogy of a bird acting against its nature is perfect. The only difference is that the bird doesn't try to convince all all other birds that walking birds are natural- just look at the kiwi.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 07:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: apydomis

originally posted by: ScientiaFortisDefendit
While it was a dumb remark, I have to ask - was it taken out of context? Was there more to the remark?

Why do I ask? Because if you get over your feigned shock and think about it, he does have a bit of a point, although I think he's probably ignorant either way. Everything has degrees - someone can be a raging alcoholic and absolutely nothing will work to get the off the bottle, others can be alcoholics and be very successful at quitting and staying away from it.

Sexually speaking, there are people both gay and straight who deliberately practice celibacy. There are others who just can't stop being promiscuous.

At the end of the day though, it's like being a bird that decides to walk everywhere. Nothing is going to change the fact that it's still a bird. Not my best analogy. So sue me.

Oh, I think the analogy of a bird acting against its nature is perfect. The only difference is that the bird doesn't try to convince all all other birds that walking birds are natural- just look at the kiwi.

And the flying birds don't persecute the kiwi, the ostrich and the emu for not flying either. They all realise that there is enough space and resources on this earth for them to coexist without the need to have territorial fights.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 08:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: apydomis

Jesus and the baby Jesus.

The Kiwi is hardwired to walk around. It did not just wake up one day and say, "Hey, I think I may just stop using my wings and saunter around instead."

And no matter how much you tell the Kiwi to change its degenerate ways and learn to fly straight it is not going to happen.

edit on 12-6-2014 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 08:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: markosity1973
And the flying birds don't persecute the kiwi, the ostrich and the emu...

You forgot the flamboyant peacock.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 09:30 PM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

I could probably think of a handful of similarities.

However, i realize that it is PC and habitual hereon to dogpile and fiercely drown out my perspective.

And, I don't need the grief. So, I'll spare all of us.

Nonalcoholic cheers.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 09:37 PM
link   
a reply to: BO XIAN

I really get confused by you guys.

You claim Rick Perry is getting destroyed by the everybody because we are too PC, not because he is a bigot, yet when someone says your belief system is dogmatic you perceive it as persecution.

\

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 09:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: jrod
a reply to: BO XIAN

I really get confused by you guys.

You claim Rick Perry is getting destroyed by the everybody because we are too PC, not because he is a bigot, yet when someone says your belief system is dogmatic you perceive it as persecution.

\

It only qualifies as persecution if you relate to it, otherwise its a bunch of oversensitive mamby pamby PC police nonsense.

That help?

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 09:55 PM
link   
a reply to: jrod

I don't think I have the ability to teach some folks some things.

I don't think I have the ability to enlighten anywhere near most folks on much of anything.

I don't think I have the ability to deter much of anyone from their bone marrow determined track.

I can say with reasonable certainty that enlightenment will come . . . Probably with stiff tuition and much too late to be of any practical value.

I wonder . . . what do y'all do with arguable to absurd statements on the part of homosexuals?

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 10:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: BO XIAN

I wonder . . . what do y'all do with arguable to absurd statements on the part of homosexuals?

The same thing I do with arguable and absurd statements by Christians or anyother agenda driven ideological yahoos!

Laugh! It's not really very hard to see thru the BS, sometimes it's so amusing! Rick Perry is always good for a little comic relief.
edit on 12-6-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 10:39 PM
link   
>>
"I may have the genetic coding that I’m inclined to be an alcoholic, but I have the desire not to do that - and I look at the homosexual issue the same way," Perry said.
>>

Ah..I see. So being an alcoholic is only a matter of desire, and just not wanting to be an alcoholic is all that's needed...
And of course, the brilliant comparison to the homosexual "issue".
"I am born a homosexual, but I don't want to...so I am not".

BRILLIANT..JUST BRILLIANT.

And he run for the WH in 2012, and is considering another bid in 2016?

Obviously the qualification for a run on possibly becoming president of the biggest nation on this planet is being a retard. Now imagine such a retard in the WH...paired with his views. Good luck : )

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Rick Perry:

a former college cheerleader, frat boy and alcoholic. Perhaps he knows a thing or two about the subject. He is dead wrong about the subject; yet let us not discount his personal experiences. Just because he is a repressed Bisexual does not, in any way, mean that he can speak on behalf of the gay community.

P.S. Don't make me post a pic of Rick "The Dick" Perry in his cheerleader outfit....Google it....I'm embarrassed, as an Aggie, to do so.

Edit to add:

LOL
edit on 12-6-2014 by LeatherNLace because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 11:07 PM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

Hey, i'm already excited that Dick Sh- er, Rick Santorum is back in the running. this is going to be better than last year, methinks

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Give me one example of an absurd statement I have made against Christianity?

It seems to me that everything I, or anyone else has to counter the dogmatic views that some so called Christians share is considered absurd by you and your friends.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 01:04 AM
link   
I think he was implying that both are mental disorders.

In that case he is right, Gay is not natural.

Drinking alcohol all day and letting it run your life and ruin it, is not natural.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 02:14 AM
link   
a reply to: xstealth

Natural compared to what? Your narrow minded view that all people should be straight perhaps?

Even in the animal kingdom homosexuality occurs.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 03:27 AM
link   

We're pretty sure we are dealing with a closeted homosexual in Rick Perry. And yep, we''ll laugh at his hypocritical absurdity.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 05:52 AM
link   
And....HE should know.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 06:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: jrod
I just can't believe why the in your face Evangelicals wonder why they get very little respect from everyone else, and get offended when we refute the dogma they try to push on the rest of us. And then insist that anything that refutes their dark ages reasoning is bashing Christians and needs to be removed because it is too offensive.

All these threads are the same, it starts with someone writing: I do not have a problem with what people do in their bedroom but.......

For me whats pathetic in these discussions is the way some posture themselves before speaking. Like "I am not judging" or fill in the blanks. That's really not a free flowing discussion when folks tip toe around the self righteous sensibility of homosexuals.

And remarks about the dumb and backwards even embarrassing conservatives. My wonder has always been the lack of common sense when it comes to the obvious lack of compatible part fittings. Wow nature trying to tell you something there school boy? Your warning lights burnt out are they?

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 08:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

He is basically saying that if a drunk can lay off the hooch then a gay person can lay off the laying.

I am a Native Texan and this man never ceases to amaze and/or embarrass me. I have never voted for this guy but, when you take into account the fact that Texas voters elected this man as our governor, (not once, but three times) you will understand why I have repeatedly stated here on ATS that the last thing this country needs is another POTUS from Texas.

What I can't understand is why Rick Perry and those who support him don't seem to be able to resist their propensity to be stupid. According to his own publicly stated philosophy, is should be doable.

Oh yeah I almost forgot, "YOU CAN'T FIX STUPID"

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 09:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Logarock

For me whats pathetic in these discussions is the way some posture themselves before speaking. Like "I am not judging" or fill in the blanks. That's really not a free flowing discussion when folks tip toe around the self righteous sensibility of homosexuals.

And remarks about the dumb and backwards even embarrassing conservatives. My wonder has always been the lack of common sense when it comes to the obvious lack of compatible part fittings. Wow nature trying to tell you something there school boy? Your warning lights burnt out are they?

Really?

First, I am self righteous because I believe I should be able to marry whomever I fall in love with?

Am I self righteous because I call people like Rick Perry a bigot, for good reason?

This is not a liberal vs conservative debate. True conservatives are not anti-science. I am not a school boy, I have military experience, I like to shoot guns and go fishing.

One thing I have noticed is the vast majority of people who abhor the idea of same sex marriage, also reject commonly accepted science principles like evolution and human induced climate change.

It is people like you with the school boy mentality.

Do no try to tell me to use common sense when the concept of evolution gets you and your friends all bent out of shape.
edit on 13-6-2014 by jrod because: aarrrrrrrrrr

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join