It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rick Perry compares homosexuality to alcoholism

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Ollie769

Homosexuals are more likely to get tested regularly then heterosexuals.

It's just not a balanced study.

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Reminds me of the two gay necrophiliac politicians ( not as uncommon as one might think, a democrat and a republican if you must know, both bible thumping closet suits and ties too I guess if the story is true ) who after work one night, while walking past a morgue, thought it might be a good idea to go in, and relax, and suck back a couple of cold ones...

I can't believe that after saying " judge not, lest ye be judged yourself ", a god created gay people just so his chosen flocks could have something to hate.

also look what prohibitions have done for the booze trade.....

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Looks like Governor Perry is stepping back a bit from his "homosexual/alcoholic" comparison.

Texas Gov. Rick Perry says it was a mistake for him to compare alcoholism and homosexuality in an effort to explain his views.

www.kvue.com...

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 11:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Oh, I’m pretty danged sure Christ had a pretty good tan and didn’t care what color anyone else’s was. It’s just natural in that part of the world. The traditional picture of a white Christ is racist, no question about it!

But, let’s take your statement “The same as forcing one's self to live a heterosexual lifestyle because of religious belief, when your natural orientation is homosexual.” What about the people – BOTH homo- and heterosexual – who’s “natural” orientation is pedophilia? I’m sure you’ve heard of N.A.M.B.L.A.? They used to be quite closely associated with the Gay Movement. How long before you take up the cause of those down trodden people? True, homosexuality between consenting adults is one thing but your denigration of all religious prohibitions, as most liberal-minded people seem to promote, needs a bit of thought. It’s the slippery slope that we are well on the way to the bottom of as we make everything and everyone OK.

I find it very hard to believe that after thousands of years of people “working both sides of the street” that SUDDENLY you HAVE to be either are one or the other. Every time you try to put people into one box or another they find a way to keep bouncing between the categories at will. I predict that this whole thing will blow over when “further findings” point to Lord only knows what and the debate takes off in some other politically directed direction.

I read with much interest John Paulk’s lengthy article (linked to on that dastardly right-winged news website Drudge Report) today. Again, I find it fascinating that two, count ‘em, TWO opposite sexed homosexual people, a male homosexual and a lesbian, can find each other, fall in love, have kids and when the GUY starts approaching mid-life has an epiphany that he really doesn’t want to be that way anymore. At 57 I can attest to the fact that male mid-life crisis, menopause or whatever you want to call it whenever it hits is a huge b**ch. Broke his wife’s heart and he still loves her but, hey!, he’s HAPPY!!! Is that what being “GAY” is all about? The “Me” generation has infected all the ones around it and no one wants to think about anyone other than themselves. The word “commitment” means nothing today.

As far as the CDC report goes STDs are something you either get checked out and treated for or you DIE. I’m pretty sure there aren’t that many people that choose death before being “outed” so the numbers are pretty danged accurate. The huge difference between the two lower groups and the MSM crowd completely discount any statistical “noise” but feel free to place your head back in the hole and pretend whatever you want.

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Hi. I'm somewhere that doesn't have internet. Have to do this on my iPhone.

Do I personally believe pedophile is an orientation? YES.

BUT, the problem is there is a victim.

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 07:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ollie769

But, let’s take your statement “The same as forcing one's self to live a heterosexual lifestyle because of religious belief, when your natural orientation is homosexual.” What about the people – BOTH homo- and heterosexual – who’s “natural” orientation is pedophilia? I’m sure you’ve heard of N.A.M.B.L.A.? They used to be quite closely associated with the Gay Movement. How long before you take up the cause of those down trodden people? True, homosexuality between consenting adults is one thing but your denigration of all religious prohibitions, as most liberal-minded people seem to promote, needs a bit of thought. It’s the slippery slope that we are well on the way to the bottom of as we make everything and everyone OK.

It's actually not a slippery slope at all. There is a very thick, dark line we make at consensual adults. That makes things like pedophilia, bestiality, necrophilia NOT okay in our society.

And N.A.M.B.L.A. was never "closely" associated with the Gay Movement. They faced opposition from many gay rights groups from the very beginning.

I read with much interest John Paulk’s lengthy article (linked to on that dastardly right-winged news website Drudge Report) today. Again, I find it fascinating that two, count ‘em, TWO opposite sexed homosexual people, a male homosexual and a lesbian, can find each other, fall in love, have kids and when the GUY starts approaching mid-life has an epiphany that he really doesn’t want to be that way anymore. At 57 I can attest to the fact that male mid-life crisis, menopause or whatever you want to call it whenever it hits is a huge b**ch. Broke his wife’s heart and he still loves her but, hey!, he’s HAPPY!!! Is that what being “GAY” is all about? The “Me” generation has infected all the ones around it and no one wants to think about anyone other than themselves. The word “commitment” means nothing today.

Why do you think someone breaking up a long-term relationship is just a gay thing? Have you heard of a husband leaving his wife after 20-30 years of marriage, for a "newer model" (i.e., younger, thinner, less wrinkled woman)? Well, I have heard that happening many times. Maybe it's just a "male thing", not a "gay thing" to leave someone you have built a life with for many years because you want to move on to something new. Men have been leaving their wives for younger women way before the gay rights movement started, so don't blame that on "the gays".

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Ha! I'm 67 and just left my husband. We're not gay and have been married 22 years.

Why? Because he is 21 years younger then me, and we are at different places in life and have different needs. Better that both if us live life to the fullest, then end up resenting each other (for sake of society).

I told him before I married him, this was an option if age became a factor.

You can't define someone else's marriage.

This was a choice, or was it? Do hormones and brain chemicals change with aging?

While I technically agree, in a way, with what Rick Perry said --- it must be factored in he is GOP, and was at a GOP function giving a speech.

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 08:49 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv
Oh the NAMBLA crowd was very much involved with and embraced by the Gay Rights movement through the 70’s.

www.freerepublic.com...

The thought back then was that Age of Consent laws were governmental tools to specifically discriminate against homosexuals. It wasn’t until about 1980, after nearly a decade of allying with them – MORE than enough time to think about it, that a group of lesbians named the Lesbian Caucus finally developed a level of common sense and threatened not to participate in the New York Gay Pride parade and other events unless the national Gay Movement split from this group. Support for NAMBLA faded quickly but it took still another decade before it was gone – almost – completely. From the article: “Today almost all gay rights groups disavow any ties to NAMBLA, voice disapproval of its objectives, and attempt to prevent NAMBLA from having a role in gay and lesbian rights events.” My guess is, however, that this wouldn’t be the case if they could get away with it by lowering the age of consent to at least the mid-teens.

I do not think “someone breaking up a long term relationship is just a gay thing”. Not in the least and I’m sure my posting did not say that even though a man coming out after years of marriage does tend to break up a marriage. If anything it has a tendency to be a MALE thing around the time of mid-life but I don’t have any stats on that.

Annee, I owe you an apology for the last entry in my last. I confess a bit of a bi-polar approach to postings and two days of hard work usually wears my patience thin. Being the handy man for five women in the family, and sometimes my brothers, doesn’t leave a lot of time to get MY work done on the ranch, two houses and a cemetery we’ve charged with the care of. You’re free to speak from your myopia while I speak from mine … OK?

So, Annee, you’ve jettisoned the “trophy husband”. At least you both went into it with your eyes open and there weren’t any young kids involved. Was there a lot of snickering during your vows when it came to the “till death do us part” section? Just out of curiosity what is the point of getting married that late in life anyway? If I lost my wife, G-D forbid, the baggage one collects by that time makes a second marriage (or third, forth, ….) a pretty dicey proposition. I’d rather just live together. Society is much more accepting of that arrangement now days.

edit on 22-6-2014 by Ollie769 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 10:18 AM
link   

"Trophy husband?

We were together from the moment we met. It just happened and it worked. I wasn't hunting for a trophy. I wasn't even looking to get married.

"Til death . . ."? Aren't you the traditionalist.

Here's non-tradition for you. I've stayed with my husband until he found a new wife to be. I did not abandon him or our relationship. He needs more then I can give, due to my aging. Wisdom and reality over society "rules" and approval. What a concept.

But, enough of that. Back to Rick Perry.

I would normally do some research to add to the discussion, but I'm still without internet, and this is difficult on an iPhone. So I'm done for now.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Annee
I was being facetious about the "trophy husband" due to the age difference and, I assure you, I wasn't being snarky. My mother-in-law was ten years her husband's senior, married for life, and they demonstrated that it can work out pretty well. I am glad for the happiness you had with him and hope y'all remain friends.

I'll certainly admit that ol' Rick is a bit of a loose cannon here in Texas but at least he had the ability to step back and admit he should have taken a different tack on the discussion. That's just what happens when you have a free-flowing open mike conversation. I'm just glad he made it back to Texas in one piece! But I would suggest to him that he have a serious discussion with whoever picks out his clothes for him. Those pants were suited more for a used car salesman than the governor of a state.

edit on 23-6-2014 by Ollie769 because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-6-2014 by Ollie769 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

Rick Perry is a retard

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join