page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
+3 more 
posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Oh Rick, you're such an idiot.

Source

(CNN) - A comparison between alcoholism and homosexuality by Texas Gov. Rick Perry is raising eyebrows.

At a speech in San Francisco, the longtime Republican governor - who ran for the White House in 2012 and is considering another bid in 2016 - was asked whether he thought homosexuality was a disorder.

"I may have the genetic coding that I’m inclined to be an alcoholic, but I have the desire not to do that - and I look at the homosexual issue the same way," Perry said.

According to CNN affiliate KPIX, some people in the pro-Perry audience gasped when they heard the governor's remarks.

Perry's address to the Commonwealth of California Club was mostly focused on economic issues. The Texas governor is in California as part of a trip to try to bring jobs and business to the Lone Star State.

The proper conservative thing to do would be to say that it's none of your damn business and that it should be dealt with my the legislators and the courts, not by political football and hyperbole.

In San Francisco of all place?

You Sir, have the charisma of a fist.

~Tenth

+5 more 
posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Man these guys are on a roll.

Brain dead moron preaching to more brain dead morons.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Source

"I may have the genetic coding that I’m inclined to be an alcoholic, but I have the desire not to do that - and I look at the homosexual issue the same way," Perry said.

Oh my god. Seriously ignorant .... I'm at a loss for words. (doesn't happen often.
) There is no reason for a homosexual to 'desire not to do that'. Gotta' give tothetenthpower a hat tip though .. he finds stories on the most bizarre behavior possible for politicians to be engaged in.
Another interesting find.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Yeah I can't help but post this stuff. I mean the jokes write themselves. I cant' wait to see what the GOP primary season brings for 2016, it's going to be a RIOT.

~Tenth

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 02:44 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 02:45 PM
link   
While it was a dumb remark, I have to ask - was it taken out of context? Was there more to the remark?

Why do I ask? Because if you get over your feigned shock and think about it, he does have a bit of a point, although I think he's probably ignorant either way. Everything has degrees - someone can be a raging alcoholic and absolutely nothing will work to get the off the bottle, others can be alcoholics and be very successful at quitting and staying away from it.

Sexually speaking, there are people both gay and straight who deliberately practice celibacy. There are others who just can't stop being promiscuous.

At the end of the day though, it's like being a bird that decides to walk everywhere. Nothing is going to change the fact that it's still a bird. Not my best analogy. So sue me.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Succumbing to alcoholism means you have trouble raising your kids and working at your job, not to mention what it does to your liver and your brain cells. Succumbing to your homosexual orientation means... you can raise your kids and work your job just fine - and your liver and brain cells are still goin'! Yeah, right - I see the comparison.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Do homosexuals go into d.t.'s if they go too long without sinning? I don't think so.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 02:49 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScientiaFortisDefendit
Sexually speaking, there are people both gay and straight who deliberately practice celibacy. There are others who just can't stop being promiscuous.

Yeah, but you cannot 'un-gay' yourself. What Perry is implying is that they should just stop 'acting' gay just like someone who drinks too much should just stop drinking. Except that them having homosexual sex probably pisses him off more than a detox ward full of alkies.

edit on 12-6-2014 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: ScientiaFortisDefendit

While it was a dumb remark, I have to ask - was it taken out of context? Was there more to the remark? - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

I would not be surprised if there was honestly.

I'm not claiming something different here, I like to make fun Of Rick. So does Raw Story a lot of the time, so you have to take that into account.

~Tenth

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Well just like my beer consumption, i only indulge my gay sexual urges on weekends.

So its all good. God forgives all so, hes got my back, my brokeback ha, kidding this is serious.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Yeah, but you cannot 'un-gay' yourself.

That was my point. I am just wondering if he was trying to articulate some thought process that was more like celibacy than 'not being gay', knowing how the liberal media likes to cherry-pick quotes to try to destroy conservatives... it was a stupid remark either way and he should have kept his piehole zipped.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   

That was my point. I am just wondering if he was trying to articulate some thought process that was more like celibacy than 'not being gay', knowing how the liberal media likes to cherry-pick quotes to try to destroy conservatives... it was a stupid remark either way and he should have kept his piehole zipped.

Agreed. He probably wrote his speech in crayon anyhow, I will give him the benefit of the doubt and say he misread his handwriting.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Agreed. He probably wrote his speech in crayon anyhow, I will give him the benefit of the doubt and say he misread his handwriting.

I think he would be baffled by it and chew on it or stick it in his ear....

Sorta the Ralf Wiggam of the political world in that area lol

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Biigs

I think he would be baffled by it and chew on it or stick it in his ear....

Sorta the Ralf Wiggam of the political world in that area lol

At least he can write his own speeches, rather than relying on his propaganda ministry to do it for him. Since you want to derail this into a "bash Rick Perry" thread.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 03:00 PM
link   

At least he can write his own speeches, rather than relying on his propaganda ministry to do it for him. Since you want to derail this into a "bash Rick Perry" thread.

I am personally of the opinion that he and Dear Leader should run towards each other and annihilate themselves like a matter/anti-matter collision.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Yeah, but you cannot 'un-gay' yourself.

That was my point. I am just wondering if he was trying to articulate some thought process that was more like celibacy than 'not being gay', knowing how the liberal media likes to cherry-pick quotes to try to destroy conservatives

Eventually the conservatives are going to have to take responsibility for their dumbass utterances and quit blaming the media.
Coming from the GOP, the party of taking responsibility for one's own actions.... it sounds kinda lame.

The conservatives are doing a fine job destroying themselves with remarks like the abhorrent gay bashing in this thread.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Do you honestly think that by defending gay bashers; you are going to win converts to the conservative cause?
edit on 12-6-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I just can't believe why the in your face Evangelicals wonder why they get very little respect from everyone else, and get offended when we refute the dogma they try to push on the rest of us. And then insist that anything that refutes their dark ages reasoning is bashing Christians and needs to be removed because it is too offensive.

All these threads are the same, it starts with someone writing: I do not have a problem with what people do in their bedroom but.......
edit on 12-6-2014 by jrod because: hey zeus chris toe

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 03:03 PM
link   
you could have a great career, but when you say things like this you are just totally torpedoing yourself in the face.

Totally idiotic and rightfully called on it.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join