It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tesla Motors turns all its patents over to the open source movement

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Psynic

No, the video you posted was very simple, it works exactly as I described. It won't charge batteries better than a standard charger, although I am interested in how it apparently revives dead batteries.
edit on 23/6/14 by C0bzz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 03:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: C0bzz

No, the video you posted was very simple, it works exactly as I described. It won't charge batteries better than a standard charger, although I am interested in how it apparently revives dead batteries.

Well I'm glad you were at least able to determine that it is definitely not a "standard" charger.

In fact it'll charge batteries much faster than the standard charger you are familiar with, and produce minimal heat doing so.

The device utilizes return EMF of extremely high voltage for extremely short pulses to rapidly charge led acid batteries.

The restorative effect you ask about, I'm told is a crystal aligning of molecules formed by the EMF on the surface of the lead plates and which layers deeper into the plates with every charging cycle.

Although they cost little to build they show a huge amount of potential for fast charging and energy conservation.

Perhaps some competent ATS members will follow the simple schematics posted and build a couple of these things so we can have some first hand reports.

edit on -05:0011146042014-06-24T03:04:11-05:00 by Psynic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 07:54 AM
link   

In fact it'll charge batteries much faster than the standard charger you are familiar with, and produce minimal heat doing so.

Nope, there is no reason it would.

The device utilizes return EMF of extremely high voltage for extremely short pulses to rapidly charge led acid batteries.

Extremely High Voltage? How does this charge a battery efficiently or quickly? Charging a battery depends on the energy is being put into it, not how high voltage you can create.

The restorative effect you ask about, I'm told is a crystal aligning of molecules formed by the EMF on the surface of the lead plates and which layers deeper into the plates with every charging cycle.

Any evidence?

Although they cost little to build they show a huge amount of potential for fast charging and energy conservation.

Not really. It's a simple circuit that isn't used because it doesn't do anything special. It is used and exaggerated outside of industry by people who do not know what they are doing.

Perhaps some competent ATS members will follow the simple schematics posted and build a couple of these things so we can have some first hand reports.

Build it yourself and measure the energy going into the battery over time with a oscilloscope. Also measure the energy going into the circuit to get the efficiency. It's not hard to do this.
edit on 24/6/14 by C0bzz because: (no reason given)

edit on 24/6/14 by C0bzz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 04:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Psynic

Well I'm glad you were at least able to determine that it is definitely not a "standard" charger.

Actually Sir; that circuit doesn't do anything...it may not even discharge batteries (meaning it may not draw current). That schematic is carefully drawn so as to not have any complete circuits in it, and "look" like it does. It is a cleverly constructed Hoax/Joke.

It kinda got "busted" violating Kirchhoff's Laws...

IF the circuit worked, the pulses would likely be in the microsecond range; not fast at all!

The other stuff about rapid charging, "restorative effects" on batteries is a load of crap...in the history of batteries few thing like that have ever been discovered.

No need to build it when a simple circuit analysis will do...

I have a far simpler way to charge virtually any rechargeable battery. Requires few parts; a power cord, a diode, and a light bulb.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join