It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is The Ukrainian Army Using White Phosphorus on Its Own Citizens?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 10:49 PM
link   
The war is on in Ukraine. A variety of weapons are being used.

The question if a certain weapon is more dangerous than the other is a rather academic question.

This war is complicated - there is widespread sniping using mercenaries which is the largest cause of deaths.

The deaths from aviation and shelling are less significant. However use of heavy weapons is a clear escalation of the war. Use of bombers and tanks by Ukrainian forces is a new dimension.

I see degradation in the situation and war spreading beyond east Ukraine to other regions of Ukraine.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 10:59 PM
link   
This is terrible....if this prove to be true, how on Earth can the Ukrainians justify this? How are we (US,Europe) going to stand by and support this new government in Kiev if they are indeed using WP on the people??

I cannot believe what is happening around the world right now...everywhere things are spiraling out of control..

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 12:43 AM
link   
new video from Life News

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 01:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Corruption Exposed

RT has the same credibility factor as the other Russian media outlets (most of them being state-approved).
For example the second video in the OP was presented on Russia24 as fact:

I wouldn't put too much worth on it...

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 06:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Dutzy

Do you happen to know which outlet was validating the second video?

I do not think it was RT but whichever outlet it was I would like to identify its English name so I can scrutinize it going forward. From what I can tell RT was only referring to the first video and daytime attacks so I don't think they pulled a "BBC" so to speak.

I know that RT gets a lot of criticism around here, and rightfully so at times, but can we trust any outlet and claim that they are worthy? If anything we are the media, we are the ones that filter through their BS and do our best to distinguish what's true or not then continue to spread what we suspect the message to be.

As obviously known this whole situation is rather complicated and the media is having a field-day with the coverage while pushing the agenda of those they are loyal to.

Tricky times indeed...

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 07:27 AM
link   
junta completely burned village Semenivka under Slavonic, the second video real say militia in Russian language and they should speak Hibru Yiddish or Hebrew as junta ?

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 02:27 PM
link   
This vid has me scratching my head and wondering . Judge for yourselves

at about the 8 min mark listen to how the top vid is being spun by the state dept . They also address the phosphorous as well

edit on 13-6-2014 by the2ofusr1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

Sounds strangely familiar...I wonder if she's an ATS member..

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Corruption Exposed

It's quite obvious that the footage isn't from Iraq.

Look at th buildings, the people's physical traits... You don't even need to make an assumption by the language.

Other damning evidence:

White phosphorous has been typically used by NATO and Israeli forces in the Middle East for a few years now, in secret/special ops. Villages have been decimated by those horrible chemical weapons that burn people inside out and are almost impossible to protect against. WP is worse than napalm!

Can only be coming from the Kiev side, as it's been confirmed there are foreign forces, including Blackwater/Academi mercenaries involved, who got absolutely ZERO commitment to Geneva convention of whatever else.

If you're worried about an escalation in the region, you got sadly a solid reason to. Especially with what's happening in parallel in Iraq and Syria, this doesn't look good at all.
edit on 14/6/14 by Echtelion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Echtelion

Can only be coming from the Kiev side, as it's been confirmed there are foreign forces, including Blackwater/Academi mercenaries involved, who got absolutely ZERO commitment to Geneva convention of whatever else.

And what about Russia, are the Chechans not foreign forces and can they not be considered mercenaries also?

And I am pretty sure the Chechans that are fighting for Russia could care less about the Geneva Convention.

Also who is it that confirmed private contractors from Academi are in Ukraine, because according to them they have not sent anyone over there.

Some irresponsible news outlets have recently posted rumors that ACADEMI employees are operating in Ukraine. They are not and any reports to the contrary are completely false.

Many of these reports have also given the impression that ACADEMI and the company Blackwater are the same and this is also completely false.

The basics: Blackwater's owner sold the company's US-based training facility to a group of private investors in 2010. Those owners renamed the facility and the new company created to support it ACADEMI. The former owner of Blackwater retained all rights to the Blackwater name as well as many of the companies that once operated under the umbrella of Blackwater. ACADEMI has no existing relationship with him. The new management of ACADEMI has made tremendous efforts to build a responsible, transparent company ethos, evidenced by the numerous awards ACADEMI has received for being among the most compliant companies in our industry. More information can be found here.

Unfounded statements and accusations such as those in recent news reports, combined with a lack of research about the company, are nothing more than sensationalistic efforts to create hysteria and headlines in times of genuine crisis.

ACADEMI is not Blackwater, and ACADEMI has no personnel in Ukraine.

academi.com...

Also the report of those contractors comes from Russia and there unbiased and always factual media, and we know how reliable they have been concerning this situation.

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: cosmonova

originally posted by: the2ofusr1
Rt has this new vid up

I would not be surprised to see a use of chemical weapons next.
Do not forget this is not regular Ukrainian Army, this is Nat. Guard, the volunteers, mostly people
from Western Ukraine and Maidan combatants, ultra nationalists. Their main drive is a Russophobia.
We have all witnessed the level of hatred they presented in Odessa massacre.

Russophobia? I thought that's quite natural to dislike invaders.

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Corruption Exposed
a reply to: Dutzy

Do you happen to know which outlet was validating the second video?

I do not think it was RT but whichever outlet it was I would like to identify its English name so I can scrutinize it going forward. From what I can tell RT was only referring to the first video and daytime attacks so I don't think they pulled a "BBC" so to speak.

I know that RT gets a lot of criticism around here, and rightfully so at times, but can we trust any outlet and claim that they are worthy? If anything we are the media, we are the ones that filter through their BS and do our best to distinguish what's true or not then continue to spread what we suspect the message to be.

As obviously known this whole situation is rather complicated and the media is having a field-day with the coverage while pushing the agenda of those they are loyal to.

Tricky times indeed...

After filtering all BS? OK, but maybe it would be easier just to watch weather report on a different channel?

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 11:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Shadow1024

What do you mean "invaders" here?

How the Russians who are original population of the area "invaders"?

You are crazy.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 01:43 AM
link   
a reply to: GargIndia

I'm pretty sure the Ukrainians are the inhabitants of the Ukraine.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 02:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: GargIndia

You are crazy.

I mean all Russians (sent from Russia) and Chechens.

They are a tiny minority (like 17% according to census from 2001, decade later maybe 13%)

2001.ukrcensus.gov.ua...

Moreover they don't support Russia, what can be seen from last presidential election. For any fights to start Putin had to send all those mercenaries through border.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 03:52 AM
link   
Those Russians an Chechens that you're refferring to are native to this part of the world. They were mostly born there, their parents, grandparents were born there. The whole eastern part of Ukraine was part of Russia until 1922 when they woke up in Ukraine.
www.zerohedge.com...

And those numbers (17%) are not to be taken very seriously. I was living in that region about 15 years ago and the number in that region easily goes above 50% since they're considering anyone with at least one native Ukrainians to be Ukrainians. But it doesn't even matter. Majority of the population of that region hates Ukraine because of the events that took place in the last months.

And people coming in the Ukraine to fight with them are not pros, they are people like you and me. There are not just Russians and Chechens. There are Polish, Hungarians, Serbians and even people from Germany. They still didn't catch any of the pros they are telling about. They killed more than 300 people (official number and a lot of them were civilians) and few hundreds are missing and they still didn't provide any proof about presence of KGB, FSB or any other organization they are dreaming about.

They destroyed Russian embassy in Ukraine yesterday. Ukrainian minister of foreign affairs came there and threw rocks with 'peaceful protesters'. Till yesterday i wasn't aware that this is what minister of foreign affairs should do - destroy embassy and not calming down the situation. Russia tried to put resolution through UN to 'say that this was wrong what happened in Ukraine' and you know what happened? US and GB blocked this resolution - by that they made it legal considering that international courts look for the past events.

The whole situation is f$&#ed up. The only solution to this crisis is to stop fighting, make a 5-year long period for the Ukraine and 'new republics' to prepare their economies for the event of secession and make referendum after the period of 5 years (or even longer). As I see the situation, this is the only reasonable thing to do to stop fighting and to please both sides (Ukraine would be intact for at least 5 years, their economy would be prepared, and people from the East could finally say what they want). a reply to: Shadow1024

edit on 15-6-2014 by baburak because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 05:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: baburak
Those Russians an Chechens that you're refferring to are native to this part of the world. They were mostly born there, their parents, grandparents were born there. The whole eastern part of Ukraine was part of Russia until 1922 when they woke up in Ukraine.
www.zerohedge.com...

Why are you ignoring prior Ukrainian history? I mean Kievan Rus?

So why those Chechens are burried in Chennya if they are claimed to be local people?

And those numbers (17%) are not to be taken very seriously. I was living in that region about 15 years ago and the number in that region easily goes above 50% since they're considering anyone with at least one native Ukrainians to be Ukrainians. But it doesn't even matter. Majority of the population of that region hates Ukraine because of the events that took place in the last months.
Judging from election outcome - not specially. (pro Russian party of regions got abysmally low support)

Opinions of Ukrainian:
www.pewglobal.org...

And people coming in the Ukraine to fight with them are not pros, they are people like you and me. There are not just Russians and Chechens. There are Polish, Hungarians, Serbians and even people from Germany. They still didn't catch any of the pros they are telling about. They killed more than 300 people (official number and a lot of them were civilians) and few hundreds are missing and they still didn't provide any proof about presence of KGB, FSB or any other organization they are dreaming about.
BS. Even Russian gov officially admitted that those "little green men" who annexed Crimea were Russian soldiers. Now they even sent their tanks there.

So far I only hear accusation of Russian, that looked as idea to make an erroneous impression that its Western forces vs. Russian forces. Unfortunately it's not true, the West mostly ignored Ukrainians. Now its Russia vs. Ukraine.

They destroyed Russian embassy in Ukraine yesterday. Ukrainian minister of foreign affairs came there and threw rocks with 'peaceful protesters'. Till yesterday i wasn't aware that this is what minister of foreign affairs should do - destroy embassy and not calming down the situation. Russia tried to put resolution through UN to 'say that this was wrong what happened in Ukraine' and you know what happened? US and GB blocked this resolution - by that they made it legal considering that international courts look for the past events.
Considering that Russians invaded Crimea and now invade East Ukraine - what you expect? That Russians would be not be hated by Ukrainian masses??? How could he calmed situation?

I see here some "minor" disproportion - one side made an invasion, the other country in retaliation so far damaged other country embassy. Maybe the first case should be handled first?

Anyway, comparing for just mending in their private affairs Iranians did to American embassy and its staff, I think that Ukrainian response for Russian mending+invasion seem so far very moderate, don't you think?

The whole situation is f$&#ed up. The only solution to this crisis is to stop fighting, make a 5-year long period for the Ukraine and 'new republics' to prepare their economies for the event of secession and make referendum after the period of 5 years (or even longer). As I see the situation, this is the only reasonable thing to do to stop fighting and to please both sides (Ukraine would be intact for at least 5 years, their economy would be prepared, and people from the East could finally say what they want).

The only solution is to Russian got to stop sending its mercenaries and weapons. (including weapons that even Ukrainians don't have so could not have been looted from captured military depots) That would immediately stop whole fight.
But you know - maybe referendum should also be kept in 5 years in Caucasus too? Or maybe on part of Russia that borders China?
edit on 15-6-2014 by Shadow1024 because: wrongly marked "quote"

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 05:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shadow1024

You are crazy.

They are a tiny minority (like 17% according to census from 2001, decade later maybe 13%)

2001.ukrcensus.gov.ua...

Moreover they don't support Russia, what can be seen from last presidential election. For any fights to start Putin had to send all those mercenaries through border.

that 'tiny minority' is LARGER than population of many European countries

Austria, Denmark, Finland, Bulgaria, Slovakia, Norway, Ireland, Croatia, Georgia, Moldova, Lithuania, Albania....,

edit on 15-6-2014 by cosmonova because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 07:17 AM
link   

You are crazy.

2001.ukrcensus.gov.ua...

Austria, Denmark, Finland, Bulgaria, Slovakia, Norway, Ireland, Croatia, Georgia, Moldova, Lithuania, Albania....,

Russians in 2001 were majority only in Crimea. Anyway, there are 2 mln of Ukrainians in Russia, maybe some further border changes in the opposite direction would also be advised?

If we're reshaping borders, what about 9.4 mln of Muslims in Russia? What do you think about idea of a new country in Caucasus? They are not even Slavic people.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 07:43 AM
link   

You are crazy.

2001.ukrcensus.gov.ua...

Russians in 2001 were majority only in Crimea. Anyway, there are 2 mln of Ukrainians in Russia, maybe some further border changes in the opposite direction would also be advised?

If we're reshaping borders, what about 9.4 mln of Muslims in Russia? What do you think about idea of a new country in Caucasus? They are not even Slavic people.

2 million people with Ukrainian passport and who is saying that most of them are not ethnic Russians.
Muslims? Do not mix ethnicity with religion.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join