It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TEXAS to Immediately Deploy State-Resources to the Border.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Request comes as U.S. Border Patrol say they are “overwhelmed” with the number of minors illegally crossing the border

AUSTIN – Texas Attorney General Greg Abbott today requested $30 million from the U.S. Department of Homeland Security to immediately deploy state resources to the Texas border. The request comes amid Border Patrol officers reporting a 92 percent spike in minors being apprehended at the border. The influx of child immigrants has so overwhelmed the U.S. Border Patrol that federal agents are devoting time and resources to the humanitarian aspects of the influx, and are not available to secure the border and successfully stop criminal activity.

The Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS) has a proven track record of interdicting, intercepting and disrupting the criminal operations of transnational gangs and international drug cartels—including illegal smuggling operations by those criminal organizations.

The Texas DPS is prepared to swiftly launch a significant and proven border security operation once funding is available.

Read More: Attorney General Abbott Requests Immediate Border Security Resources

-
OPINIONATED-NOTE:

Greg Abbott WILL be the next Texas Governor.

( i.e. The "Official-TEXAS-Response" ... Begins )

edit on 12-6-2014 by FarleyWayne because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   
I don't follow much of what is going on in Mexico, so I have to wonder what is causing a 92% increase. That seems crazy high.

Oh, boy..
After reading the request letter, anyone want to bet it will be denied. Insulting those in charge isn't going to get them help.

Even if they deserve the insults.

edit on 12-6-2014 by chiefsmom because: addition

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: FarleyWayne

I'm sure the Dept of Homeland Security will say....."your border...your problem". They need all the funds they have for gun running. Holder will back them up.

They may send you guys in Texas, all the charter buses they used to implement voter fraud during the last elections. You'll have to buy your own gas, and figure out where to bus all those (cough cough...kids) to.

I'm hearing on the news ICE is too busy working with the cartel coyotes to give you any help.

Good Luck Farley....if I remember correctly, you and your wife have some nice acreage out in Texas to house a few hundred (cough cough...kids).

Des

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: chiefsmom
I don't follow much of what is going on in Mexico, so I have to wonder what is causing a 92% increase. That seems crazy high.

Oh, boy..
After reading the request letter, anyone want to bet it will be denied. Insulting those in charge isn't going to get them help.

Many of those coming in aren't Mexicans. Guatemala, Costa Rica and Nicaragua are some of the countries that they are coming from. They come by way of Mexico.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Destinyone

OPINION:

TEXAS is TRY'n to be nice and work with the System ... ( of ??? ).

-
OBSERVATION: The "Official-TEXAS-Response" ...
hasn't referenced the Texas Military Forces
( yet? ).

( i.e. Stay-Tuned )

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: FarleyWayne

OPINION:

TEXAS is TRY'n to be nice and work with the System ... ( of ??? ).

-
OBSERVATION: The "Official-TEXAS-Response" ...
hasn't referenced the Texas Military Forces
( yet? ).

( i.e. Stay-Tuned )

The Texas state defense forces number at barely 1000 unarmed personel. They would not be of much use.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 02:01 PM
link   
If I were Texas's governor id have deployed the state national guard to the border last week.Unless the federal government has revoked his authority to do so.Which I wouldn't be surprised if thats their next outrage.
I haven't the faintest idea what Washington's agenda is for sometime now but the very safety of its citizens surely isn't on it.
edit on CDTThupm4261 by TDawg61 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: TDawg61

I think any State Governor has to get the o.k. of the President to call up the National Guard.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: FarleyWayne

Another example of how a situation gets blow all out of proportion,

Coming into Texas is a popular pipeline for young individuals coming more from places other than Mexico. The young people cannot be immediately returned across the border--we COULD do that, but it would be hardship on the young folks as they are mostly without funds and parents. And Mexico such as Hell doesn't want them for certian.

The simple fact is that the US federal government has been caught again with its pants down to a situation that has been growing for a long time and now it is dragging its feet to remedy the situation.

Lacking corrective federal action, Texas has its own remedy, better police the border. (Yes, so many are offended at that tactic, but my son could still probably have a decent job doing ceramic tile work if there were no illegal immigrants doing his line of work for a fraction of the old standard wages.)

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Thought Texas threatened to use Rangers? Idle threat? They need to start deputizing citizens to patrol the borders.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS
a reply to: TDawg61

I think any State Governor has to get the o.k. of the President to call up the National Guard.

No, just declare a state of emergency of just cause. Usually weather related..

The president is only involved when the national guard is called up and federalized into the army..
This will help a bit.
science.howstuffworks.com...

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: TDawg61
If I were Texas's governor id have deployed the state national guard to the border last week.Unless the federal government has revoked his authority to do so.Which I wouldn't be surprised if thats their next outrage.
I haven't the faintest idea what Washington's agenda is for sometime now but the very safety of its citizens surely isn't on it.

The entire Texas NG is 20,000 troops. Of which only very small percentage would be MPs which would be the only ones with any training in these areas. You can not just toss out a bunch of infantry, cooks, clerks, aviators etc. and tell them secure the border. On top of that who would pay for it? We could just back to old days before the 1980s/90s when nobody cared about the borders beyong making sure nothing illegal was being smuggled in.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 03:05 PM
link   
We have the same problem in the UK. France allows the immigrants to cross their country to get to the UK and when they are stopped at the border the French cry foul because we wont just let them straight in. What really should happen with France and Mexico is that the authorities should kick their buts, somehow prosecute them internationally (for compensation) to force them to police their own borders where these "not French" or "not Mexicans" are coming from. They have to enter Mexico somewhere and cross the country to get to the US border yet the Mexicans allow them as the French do for the UK immigrants.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 03:06 PM
link   
If they send the Texas Rangers, I do hope they send all of them.

I believe this is one riot which one ranger just wouldn't quite be enough for. Even those guys.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

originally posted by: chiefsmom

Oh, boy..

Many of those coming in aren't Mexicans. Guatemala, Costa Rica and Nicaragua are some of the countries that they are coming from. They come by way of Mexico.

I watched an hour long special report of this flood of illegals last night. Those coming over our borders, have no paperwork with them. As long as they *claim* they are 18 and under in age...the border guards MUST let them in. Those pouring over have been given instructions by the cartel coyotes, exactly what to say to get them here, and there ain't a damn thing we can do about it.

The border patrol people I saw interviewed, said many many of those coming over, appear to be much older than 18, and have seen many sporting gang tattoos. But, the border patrol MUST follow the letter of the law, and let them all in on word alone.

Obama set the course of this massive influx of illegals, when 13 months ago Obama stated his administration would not follow the law when it came to kids. That made it an open door policy to everyone. The coyotes are also handing very young kids to adults, telling them to claim they are their kids, then dump them once they get over the border.

It's a mess out of control....it will take an army to stop this landslide...

Des

edit on 12-6-2014 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 03:22 PM
link   
We are literally being invaded from the south. Obama made the statement that the 'DREAMers' will be our future. He sent out an open invitation for illegals. He caused the invasion. He's either exceptionally stupid OR he's doing this crap to our country on purpose. Take your pick ....

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 03:25 PM
link   

An organization of former Border Patrol agents Wednesday charged that the federal government, under the administration of President Obama, is deliberately arranging for a flood of immigrant children to arrive in America for political purposes.
. . .
“Certainly, we are not gullible enough to believe that thousands of unaccompanied minor Central American children came to America without the encouragement, aid and assistance of the United States government,” the officers said.

Ex-border agents: Immigrant flood 'orchestrated'
-
OPINION: Credible.

-
Another's Opinion:

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 03:26 PM
link   
What a joke we have become. Gotta stop them children from reaching their parents that are currently working for us at all cost. I mean how much work can they get done if they have to raise their children now too.

The texas rangers will turn their back on children just like they done to me when i was a child in need of help just the same as the sherriff at the time.
edit on 12-6-2014 by deadeyedick because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
We are literally being invaded from the south. Obama made the statement that the 'DREAMers' will be our future. He sent out an open invitation for illegals. He caused the invasion. He's either exceptionally stupid OR he's doing this crap to our country on purpose. Take your pick ....

I pick.....this one...he's doing it on purpose.

We are in deep doo doo Folks.

Des

edit on 12-6-2014 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Indeed. Too late for anything other than entering the codes and turning the keys. Not going back to the old LRGV anytime soon!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join