It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Finding the answer to this questions will solve if God exists or not...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

How did we come to the conclusion of Gods, where was the logic in saying well there is this person who controls death another control water etc etc....Were these ideas from humans or given to us?

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Moresby

ontological argument

Thanks I will read up on that.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: bitsforbytes

No they weren't given to us. We just made it up to help explain our surroundings. I'd wager that humans originally attributed gods to natural phenomenon. I'd also imagine that due to humans' ever present fear of death, our ancients decided that life continues afterwards somehow and assigned gods to oversee the passing from life into death. It's quite simple to see how that idea would get into someone's head. Especially considering how humans like to repeat religious nonsense over and over until new generations believe it and even add onto it.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: bitsforbytes
a reply to: Vasa Croe

well we wanted flight when we first saw...............birds or owls or flies. Planes oddly resemble them no?

I fully invite you to make an octagonal chunk of marble complete a sustained flight.

You can't, because physics. Birds can fly, so we arranged matter in such a fashion that it exploits the same physics that birds do. We didn't break physics in order to fly.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 02:27 PM
link   

If you can prove the thesis that we cannot image new things without someone or something giving us an idea about it it will not show a Creator exists. It merely shows someone or something gave a direction of thought. To connect that to an existence of a Creator is limited, small minded and shows the arrogance of humanity perceiving itself worthy of being a few steps below the Creator in the scheme of creation.

But you made me wonder. What does God smell like? And how does She taste?

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 02:29 PM
link   

so I would like to know what you believe in.. one god or More gods ?

I am a Atheist.

So I believe that people in the beginnings of the days. just did´t know anything about the world.. like we do to day.
and then they made up GOD(s). so feel save or be controlled by TPTB.

and I would suggest you to see zeitgeist.- it explanes a lot about the elder God(s) to this world. about how Christ is stolen from others formers God(s).

I would like to add: I find it funny how people still try to ( everyday ) makes others believe that there is a GOD..

and don´t just keep it to them self

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: kadara_dk

I believe in one God that made it all.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Dumbass

So if you we take some humans that are completely isolated from everything in closed circuit a remote area in Africa, would they come to this conclusion as well?

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   

a reply to: kadara_dk

I believe in one God that made it all.

Which kinda makes this a fixed thread, yeah? Seems like two out of three times a thread like this is posted, the poster is only interested in corroborating a conclusion they reached before the OP was even finished. It's a bit tiring to get into discussions with these kinds of people, because the only answer they want is the one they already have.
edit on 12-6-2014 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: AfterInfinity

Exactly we took the basic model of what flies like a bird and then made it possible with what had available, but the original design of something flying wasn't thought of by us is what I mean.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Well you believe we made it up, the writings don't say that. We were given the fruit of knowledge, the story goes the same for the Mesopotamian culture.

Maybe you are right, but you believe in that you don't know.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 02:52 PM
link   

a reply to: AfterInfinity

Exactly we took the basic model of what flies like a bird and then made it possible with what had available, but the original design of something flying wasn't thought of by us is what I mean.

There is nothing new since the beginning of the universe...except, of course, for new combinations of the same old materials and laws.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Specimen

Maybe, some say they have, we don't really know, we can only doubt.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Have you seen zeitgeist before?

And that One god, that you believe in. does HE has a son, that have been on earth?

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 03:23 PM
link   

If indeed your premise is true, then there would have never been invention. No wheel, no sliced bread, no steam engine, no gears, no toaster, no automobiles, airplanes, computers, cell phones, satellites...

So your premise cannot be true.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Not a good equation to find the answer in relation to the existence of the true "God". When we look into the dark its not the dark we may fear but what our mind may conceive could be there, sure some of that fear may be based in what we know but much if it stems from imagination. Your equation doesn't really take that into account. I can taste a beverage I've never encountered, in fact I have and often it's how I cook I take elements I know and combine them with my imagination to create something. In reference to god we can take things from this life we know and if you're looking for a "good god" idealize something like what we may think a parent should be etc… etc…

What I mean to say is your train of thought is greatly flawed and wouldn't prove anything at all really.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 07:49 PM
link   
If I stare at a pile of gears and scrap metal, I only know them to be that.

If I dream about them, they may assemble themselves into the most grand and complex invention that I may never conceive while I am awake.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 07:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: luciddream

I think we were told about God for us to know about it today, so this would mean that he is real. What do you think ATS? - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Hmm.. that does not make sense. I can tell you something and keep repeating that, it will be true.

Lets start now...

Can we know how it smells like on Mars?

Mars taste like blood because it has high concentration of iron in it.

I just made the above statement up, but keep repeating it, people would probably assume it will be real soon enough.

The interesting thing is that you made this statement thinking that you were being clever. What does mars smell like- not taste like. Keep repeating that and people will believe it. The thing is, people are hard wired for belief. And your belief in nothing actually destroys society. I would a thallium rather throw rocks at people like you than to live in a society that you built. Of course I am speaking purely metaphorically.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 08:12 PM
link   
You cannot prove that humans cannot imagine
what they have never perceived.

I can disprove it now. I imagine a universe filled with orbs,
each touching each other and each, within its own space,
having different physical laws. I AM in one of them as an
undetectable entity made of an unknowable energy. I have
no perception of sight, sound, touch, taste, or smell,
but I can perceive the intention of other livings beings
within my orb, and I can use this perception of another
being's intentions to navigate and perceive my world.

There you go, question's moot.
edit on 12-6-2014 by rival because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 05:16 AM
link   
Vast mathematical evidence for the existence of transcendental intelligence religions call "God" is presented here
It will take you six months to assimilate all this evidence and discover for yourselves the existence of an astounding mathematical coherence between the sacred geometries at the heart of various ancient mystical traditions and philosophies and their connection to discoveries in theoretical physics. But it will be worth the effort. Mathematical truths are irrefutable. And what you will find there is the nearest thing to a proof of the existence of God.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join