It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Finding the answer to this questions will solve if God exists or not...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 01:04 PM
link   
If we can prove that humans cannot imagine what they have never perceived then it would be impossible to have come up with the concept of an ultimate creator since observing this is just not possible, many ask: "If God exists then why doesn't he just show Himself?" "Were is He then?"

So how would we go about proving that we cannot imagine smell, touch, seeing, taste or hear without it being input in to our brains or having someone tell us about this new thing?

Can we know how it smells like on Mars?

Do we know what it feels like to touch poison ivy if you never did or never heard of it?

What does the fox say? ( I didn't know until I went and found someone who recorded it)

I think we were told about God for us to know about it today, so this would mean that he is real. What do you think ATS?
edit on 12-6-2014 by bitsforbytes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 01:06 PM
link   
God...God...

Mean the hulking, thunder thrower...

Or the guy whom got crucified for us...Which has nothing to do with creation...

Or just some all powerful consciousness, that would make god like alien shiver? That has no form or shape?

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: bitsforbytes

I think we were told about God for us to know about it today, so this would mean that he is real. What do you think ATS? - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Hmm.. that does not make sense. I can tell you something and keep repeating that, it will be true.

Lets start now...

Can we know how it smells like on Mars?

Mars taste like blood because it has high concentration of iron in it.

I just made the above statement up, but keep repeating it, people would probably assume it will be real soon enough.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Proving that there are things beyond human perception does not prove that a God(s) exist.

You cannot see inside my closet - does that prove to you that an entire colony of leprechauns lives there?

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Specimen

Please you confuse what has always been said, the creator of everything, there has been passenger Gods that sit on clouds and the such, but the oldest texts speak of a single creator.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 01:10 PM
link   

What you are speaking of is our senses, which we are all born with. I would say that it was over a very large progression of time and evolution that we have been able to know things. Just like when you are a kid, you have your sense of touch and smell and whatnot, but you eventually have to test to see if the stove REALLY is hot like mom and dad say it is. You don't have to be told it will burn for it to burn....it burns regardless and causes pain regardless.

You also seem to be assuming we just popped into this world in a single instance.....sounds more like you are coming at this from an already biased viewpoint towards creation. If that is your bias then there is no point in arguing this point.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 01:13 PM
link   

What does the fox say?

A true believer needs no prove and a non believer is going to hell anyways, so why you need to prove it?
edit on 12-6-2014 by Indigent because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 01:19 PM
link   
That's just a variant on the "ontological argument" which has been around for more than 900 years. The problem, of course, with this argument is it can used to prove the existence of any imaginary thing.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: luciddream

Sure you can lie all you want, but all those ideas are not yours still. You are formulating conjecture based on what you already know.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: TinkerHaus

Since, I cannot see or confirm so I have to assume that maybe it is true.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Moresby

The idea is find if we can imagine anything that has not already been made or thought of. Like take a 6th dimensional mathematical figure, we cannot imagine that because we never seen one.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigent

I was just thinking about it and wanted some input.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: bitsforbytes

The idea is find if we can imagine anything that has not already been made or thought of. Like take a 6th dimensional mathematical figure, we cannot imagine that because we never seen one.

That doesn't make any sense. None of humanity had seen a plane before the first plane was built and flew....and there are plenty of other things that fall into this category as well. It was man's ingenuity and imagination that allowed for inventions to be made and inventions that had never been made before....unless you are suggesting some sort of divine inspiration had a hand in these.....

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 01:38 PM
link   
If your so confident in your view of creation, you might as well ask him.

Guarantee you, he...Or maybe she.. Won't say much.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Specimen
If your so confident in your view of creation, you might as well ask him.

Guarantee you, he...Or maybe she.. Won't say much.

I think that all depends on the mental stability/instability of the person doing the asking.....

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Personally I dont want to know if God exists, God is what you make of it everything and nothing but we are all Gods in my opinion and we should indugle accordingly not just obeying this murderous 'creator' because a book says so. I am my own God, I am God

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Tell me something I dont know.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: bitsforbytes

We've imagined many things we've never seen that we believe to be real such as the big bang, black holes, dark matter, strings in string theory and so on. In fact, string theory postulates just the type of dimensional figures you're suggesting. The math suggests all these strange little curled up dimensions that they believe may be part of our reality. All of this may be real, some of it may be real, or none of it may be real. But we were able to imagine it all regardless.

Human beings are imagination engines. We can't stop doing it. And some of the things some of us imagine are genuinely novel. But just because something is novel doesn't mean it's real.

There are more convincing versions of the "ontological argument" than the one you're presenting. But all of them are flawed.
edit on 12-6-2014 by Moresby because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 02:08 PM
link   

The idea of god, just like everything else humans talk about evolved over many millenia to the point it is at today. God started out as spirits with limited power living in every object in the world. Eventually after many years, the amount of gods was reduced to a collection or pantheon of gods who shared their godlike powers or held dominion over various things in the physical. Then a new concept arose, a singular god. This god assumed the powers of an entire pantheon. Then eventually this god transcended into a new realm and became all powerful.

It's not like humans woke up one day with the concept of an all powerful all present deity like you are suggesting. It was an idea that we built upon until we were able to make that leap.

One more thing, if god IS all powerful and does exist, he should be able to present himself to us without any trouble. He doesn't need to be mysterious since he is all powerful he should have the capability to make us aware of him without destroying us or misrepresenting what he is. I notice he has failed to do that so far.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

well we wanted flight when we first saw...............birds or owls or flies. Planes oddly resemble them no?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join