It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whirling Wheels: Visitors From Other Planets in The Bible

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 06:52 AM
link   
a reply to: jeep3r

"Personally, I think this is nevertheless an interesting and important essay on a possible UFO-Bible connection and I very much look forward to your thoughts on this!"

Yes very interesting, thanks for sharing.

I would like to share my thoughts, sorry if I'm repeating myself. I think that one can think of the Bible in terms of ET, or one can think of ET in terms of the Bible. No way to know which is best, if either. Different people are biased toward one of those. As for me, I strive for a middle ground.

I think ET is a modern myth, but I use the word myth in a very different way than most people do. I don't use it in a derogatory way, or as a synonym for falsehood.

The paranormal whatever-it-is that was behind the inspiration for world religion and myth, it is also behind the entire sci-fi/comic book genre which of course ET is a very big part of. The modern mythos of our modern culture is kin to religion, the fingerprints are there, the pattern is there and it can be detected by the comparative fields. Check out Mutants & Mystics by Kripal. Peace.

edit on 557SaturdayuAmerica/ChicagoJunuSaturdayAmerica/Chicago by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueMule

interesting thought indeed

your first is sending my imagination inter hyper , religion cross E.T .. or the middle ground as you say

imagine jesus with an anal probe instead of a cross , moses on the mountain , becoming the first intermediary between the new master/masters ..

I didn't get your 2nd thought, about the word Myth , im still not sure what your version of the word means

the third thought about the 'paranormal whatever- it- is' , the something ,that inspired religion and mythology,.

this 'paranormal whatever' ,the great instigator of comics and science fiction

Fort described something akin to this paranormal whatever, but ide like to see some elaboration if possible

interesting

funBox

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 03:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Harte

I don't see anyone sitting on one of those (...) During Ezekiel's time monotheism was the exception, not the norm. And it wasn't unprecedented. See Bel Marduk and Akhenaten.

There clearly is a guy there, sitting on a flying throne, look closely:

And again, here goes NASA engineer J. Blumrich's proposal for what could have been in the air back then ... something that more or less resembles a quadcopter (and a flying throne, too):

And by the way, isn't it interesting that we, ourselves, are now also planning to send quadcopters out for exploring the planets in our own solar system?

NASA wants to send a quadcopter drone to Titan

JPL Scientist Larry Matthies: "We propose a mission study of a small rotorcraft that can deploy from a balloon or lander to acquire close-up, high resolution imagery and mapping data of the surface, land at multiple locations to acquire microscopic imagery and samples of solid and liquid material, return the samples to the mothership for analysis, and recharge from an RTG on the mothership to enable multiple sorties (...)

Matthies says that these low cost drones can change not only the exploration of Titan, but any other world."

Just some more food for thought, as usual!

edit on 22-6-2014 by jeep3r because: formatting

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 07:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: jeep3r

originally posted by: Harte

I don't see anyone sitting on one of those (...) During Ezekiel's time monotheism was the exception, not the norm. And it wasn't unprecedented. See Bel Marduk and Akhenaten.

There clearly is a guy there, sitting on a flying throne, look closely:

I guess the Lord didn't want me looking at Him. LOL

Seek, and ye shall find.

Harte

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join