It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No Hero

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   
"We're the middle children of history. No purpose or place. We have no Great War. No Great Depression. Our great war is a spiritual war. Our great depression is our lives. We've all been raised on television to believe that one day we'd all be millionaires, and movie gods, and rock stars, but we won't. And we're slowly learning that fact. And we're very, very pissed off."
— Tyler Durden (Fight Club).

It was a bittersweet experience when I realised I wasn't The One.

The weight of expectation had been lifted. The responsibilities lessened. The crossroads had turned into one-way streets. Less complex and clearer the route became. There was less noise, less pressure and more freedom.

The trade off was that there was no ultimate purpose or reward. No uniqueness or specialty. No admiration and adoration from others. Just the cold raw truth that nothing really mattered and somebody else would reap all the glory that accompanied the coveted role.

Nevertheless, I am who I am.

You will not hear about any exciting jobs, any fascinating stories with me as the protagonist, nor any heroic actions in the news. History books will not mention me, local communities will not remember me, I will not leave behind any belongings with sentimental value.

I have limited potential and can only reach the small goals that are expected of me. I will not develop and transcend the boundaries that keep me confined.

If a higher power exists, it's unlikely to think or care about my existence. For I am but one of billions of bacterium vying for survival whilst seeking truth.

However, the dream must go on. It is the only way to stay sane. To cling on to the hope and gain respite from this nightmare.

What is the alternative?

edit on 12/6/2014 by Dark Ghost because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Dark Ghost

The philosophy in that movie was deep. Hope is the opium of the people, people have Jesus, the Messiah, some believe in Tyler Durden, some wait for Rael, some want to make a deal with big business, some just hope to be good.

Hope, faith and believing are essential human function inescapable that is inhabiting every mind even the most rational or scientific, especially the most rational and scientific.

The alternative is to believe what you want to believe.
edit on 12-6-2014 by bitsforbytes because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-6-2014 by bitsforbytes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 12:16 PM
link   

I know where you are
I have skills and knowledge and things I can do... that would be immensely useful in a certain circumstance or period in time. Not this time unfortunately.
Incredibly frustrating to live in what feels and IS the wrong time and circumstance.. feeling unfilled and agitated due to it.
NO heroes here... but maybe some day? Stupid hope will leave you empty. There really IS no hope.. we manufacture it to prevent us from burying ourselves in despair.
I have used what have inside of me in insignificant ways no one knows about, no one cares about, no glory or parades.

But it takes the edge off.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 12:26 PM
link   
The alternative, imho, is to seize the small tiny moments as they happen and not to stress over the big picture if we can do little about that. I became a hero to someone for a brief moment. One day upon entering a mall and passing this screaming toddler in a stroller, I suddenly got down in front of the stroller and engaged the little one by asking, "Are you having a bad day?" The child was distracted enough to stop wailing and just stared at me. I went on a very short rant about how I was having a hard time too, so let's take a minute and find something pretty? I pointed up to the mall's hanging decorations, and made appropriate faces of wide-eyed astonishment and pleasure, until the child looked and joined in. That child and I were in our own private world for a small moment. One glance at the mom's grateful face was enough, as I then went on my way. It was not much, but the person with me that day thinks I really have a way with children, which I insist I do not. A small gesture sometimes improves our own corner of the world, and maybe that's all we can do and are expected to do.

As for not being important in the eye of your Creator, each one is as important and as cherished as the next. We are not given the same amount of gifts or trials as the next person, but in the end it amounts to how we used the ones we were given.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   
All beings can be heroes under the right circumstances. The really hard part is carrying your cross/burden when there seem to be no end in sight.

Dark Ghost you understand separation/duality on a very high level and the disconnection from this place that can occur in you. That will from my point of view one day make you very wise. Heroes are ordinary people evolved in special circumstances doing the right thing.

Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.

/Mother Teresa

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 02:04 PM
link   
There's always a chance to be a hero, but you seem to be stuck on thr save the world idea of it. Everybody is the one to somebody, everybody can be heroic in many ways, and everybody can achieve what they want, it's about will, hard work, and networking, the latter being the most important. If you are not connected, then you are disconnected.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 06:57 PM
link   
All are called, few are chosen, but Goodness and Love wants all to rise to the occasion. Go within and overcome apathy and anything blocking Love and trying to help others, and report for duty to the Highest Love and Goodness and the Good Team and say you don't want to let Family above down nor your family here down.

You'll be guided, and for some reason sense in your case, quite strongly. I don't know for sure, I'm writing this part out of an inner message which keeps trying to come out, so will let it, but sense you have a Team and probably both sides vying for your attention, but the Love is really Good, keep seeing this beautiful woman watching over you. You're Loved and just need to start doing the inner seeking and work to overcome any flaws, start to see the good in others and try to bring it out.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Not all heroism comes in the form of saving someone from death or by changing the world but comes sometimes from individual experiences. I will give you a personal story which took a negative in my life and turned it from a negative to a positive.

I had been with my girlfriend for 5 years and obviously going out for that length of time from 16-21 there was talk of settling down etc.. Well my upbringing was quite violent between my parents and I obviously subconsciously feared marriage so when I found an "out" I seized on it and it's one of my only true regrets. I eventually realised that not only did my parental situation have an effect, I also had a fear of losing my young adulthood and didn't want to be with 1 girlfriend for the rest of my life.

Well move on 6-7 years and I'm sharing a flat with 1 of my best friends and he had been going out with a girl that he grew up with and had strong connections to her family. It was a beautiful relationship and was just meant to be but he came home one day and sat me down and said that he was about to break up with his girlfriend. He explained why and it was the same reasons I had used when I split with my ex.
So I told him my story and pleaded with him not to make the same mistake I had made, so after we had this heart to heart, they continued the relationship and are now married with a beautiful baby daughter.

The point being that my experience of pain caused by my own actions was required to allow me to have the understanding on what he was going through mentally. It allowed me to give him the advice he needed at the time and without it they wouldn't have got married and eventually have a child.
So although it's not a heroic story it shows us that we still have the power to save people through wisdom, compassion and understanding.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 08:30 PM
link   
I read your other thread yesterday Dark Ghost, remember the name and avatar. Our society is shallow as to what it looks as as a hero or glamorous life. You and everyone else , just living their lives. Never forget that you are alive and twice blessed because of it. You are free and here. To do what you want and spend your time in paradise however you choose. It might seem like a nightmare at times or if that's you're general outlook? Just keep your head up.

In my own thread I talked about working with the illuminati and the Freemasons. I worked with a lot of talented rich people and sometimes they would say something into the television set. I never really met them . My house was like the movie the Truman Show with Jim Carrey. Got sort of an insiders look at behind the lens of a camera. They are people too, put on pants one leg at a time. Would you rather have your name written down in some history book so future generations won't know you just your name. If you were a Rockstar or a millionaire, you think you would have better recognition. I knew some of those people and they are just people, without the admiration.

I was involved in a project that turned into revelations , sort of. If you think of Jesus Christ as the most intelligent or most admired person or son of god, that there is around. And a very old idea that probably shouldn't of went through with. I am the beast with a head injury from scripture. I have my ananimity and I am not famous. I worked with the government and for awhile all the TV stations communicated with me. Like sitting on top of the world or feeling like superman. I was the beast grew up gained an empire, became the bad Christ the anti one. Luckily I wasn't crucified or gunned down like the first one and I can walk in the shadows and keep secrets and get to live another thirty years of life. Like Goodfellas " just another scmuck". But I am free and alive. Sometimes I think what if that was what he meant by " rapture" ascend into heaven or heaven on earth. We either see heaven or hell , you gotta make up your own mind.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 08:35 PM
link   
I'm simply trying to be a hero to my children.

Setting a good example, smiling in the face of adversity, picking yourself up after falling, failing and trying again. . . that's what we al should be doing, all the time.

If—
By Rudyard Kipling

(‘Brother Square-Toes’—Rewards and Fairies)

If you can keep your head when all about you

Are losing theirs and blaming it on you,

If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you,

But make allowance for their doubting too;

If you can wait and not be tired by waiting,

Or being lied about, don’t deal in lies,

Or being hated, don’t give way to hating,

And yet don’t look too good, nor talk too wise:

If you can dream—and not make dreams your master;

If you can think—and not make thoughts your aim;

If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster

And treat those two impostors just the same;

If you can bear to hear the truth you’ve spoken

Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,

Or watch the things you gave your life to, broken,

And stoop and build ’em up with worn-out tools:

If you can make one heap of all your winnings

And risk it on one turn of pitch-and-toss,

And lose, and start again at your beginnings

And never breathe a word about your loss;

If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew

To serve your turn long after they are gone,

And so hold on when there is nothing in you

Except the Will which says to them: ‘Hold on!’

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,

Or walk with Kings—nor lose the common touch,

If neither foes nor loving friends can hurt you,

If all men count with you, but none too much;

If you can fill the unforgiving minute

With sixty seconds’ worth of distance run,

Yours is the Earth and everything that’s in it,

And—which is more—you’ll be a Man, my son!

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 08:41 PM
link   
I agree with the idea that we are in the middle of a human void...
That I feel is what the Mayan's described as the "change of the age"...

2012 wasn't some quick transition,.. it was the beginning of a new way humans perceived themeselves as a whole...We as a species
are starting to realize powerful forces are at hand, and we need to push thru this part and continue the awakening for future generations...

edit on 12-6-2014 by coastlinekid because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join