It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraq crisis: Isis militants close in on Baghdad - live coverage

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

I guess we will have to disagree.
Wiki doesnt tell the real story. Those who were there know the US supplied AQ with weaponry.. since they were shot by American weaponry.
In any case, we will just disagree, friendly-like. I dont want to be smothered in wiki stuff.

link   
a reply to: TDawg61

m sorry our politicians are complete imbeciles who risked your lives for nothing

Amen to that.

Let Iraq burn it sure the hell isn't worth one more drop of American blood.

link   
A couple of issues, yeah?

Is the leadership that bad in Iraq that after 10 years of training and arming they can't fight? That's impossible! Remember that before we started WAR with Iraq that they had a very impressive army. They did. We didn't completely destroy it and then we trained and armed it for 10 years or so! What's really going on?

2nd issue, is the real boundaries of countries and lands before western colonialism and imperialism. We should let them go back to that and not force the imperial ones that we set up with seeming random lines that only benefited us. That's a huge issue.

3rd. We still have some HUGE airstrike and bombing capabilities there. We also have advisers on scene. It's not a lost cause by any means. Only if the Iraqi's want it to be a lost cause.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 01:54 PM
link   
So Iran have now deployed Forces to fight Isis....

This is going to get crazy.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

m sorry our politicians are complete imbeciles who risked your lives for nothing

Amen to that.

Another Amen... but we still have assets, troops, and contractors there in various areas. I say pull out and let it explode.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Is there an oil pipeline running through Iraq? If so, you can expect more involvement and possibly troops.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: ausername
And the price of oil is skyrocketing as a result...

HOLY CRAP... Join the prediction forum your a psychic!!!!!

15 min ago
Oil prices have shot to a three-month high in the wake of Isis swift campaign in Iraq, Sean Farell reports

Traders bet that advances made by insurgents could disrupt supplies from one of the world's largest oil exporters. Brent crude futures rose 2% to $112.12 a barrel, the highest price since early March.

Most of Iraq's oil production and export activities are in the largely Shi'ite south of the country, where al-Qaida influence is minimal. Iraq's oil minister, Abdul Kareem Luaibi, said the facilities, which produce about 2.6m barrels a day, were "very, very safe".

edit on 12-6-2014 by starfoxxx because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: starfoxxx

originally posted by: ausername
And the price of oil is skyrocketing as a result...

HOLY CRAP... Join the prediction forum your a psychic!!!!!

Oil prices have shot to a three-month high in the wake of Isis swift campaign in Iraq, Sean Farell reports

Traders bet that advances made by insurgents could disrupt supplies from one of the world's largest oil exporters. Brent crude futures rose 2% to $112.12 a barrel, the highest price since early March.

Most of Iraq's oil production and export activities are in the largely Shi'ite south of the country, where al-Qaida influence is minimal. Iraq's oil minister, Abdul Kareem Luaibi, said the facilities, which produce about 2.6m barrels a day, were "very, very safe".

edit on 12-6-2014 by starfoxxx because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 02:01 PM
link   
This might be the first time I'm glad we are leading from behind.

"Bin laden is dead...AQ is on the run"...

How can we lose ?

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing

Is the leadership that bad in Iraq that after 10 years of training and arming they can't fight? That's impossible! Remember that before we started WAR with Iraq that they had a very impressive army. They did. We didn't completely destroy it and then we trained and armed it for 10 years or so! What's really going on?

2nd issue, is the real boundaries of countries and lands before western colonialism and imperialism. We should let them go back to that and not force the imperial ones that we set up with seeming random lines that only benefited us. That's a huge issue.

3rd. We still have some HUGE airstrike and bombing capabilities there. We also have advisers on scene. It's not a lost cause by any means. Only if the Iraqi's want it to be a lost cause.

The Iraqi Government is mostly Shia. They are the majority in the Arab section of the country (Kurds are not Arabic) and as a consequence Mailiki regards the Shias as being far more important than the Sunnis. The Sunnis have been shut out of government by Maliki, who seems to be a power-hungry sectarian would-be strongman who is also hideously short sighted. The whole thing makes me want to scream with rage.
The problem of borders would make a bad situation worse. The Kurds want a state of their own and the Turks would swim in the blood of every Kurd they could slaughter to stop that from happening. The Iranians would then join in, as would the Syrians (if they could). The previous borders were set by the Ottoman Empire. We can't go back that far.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

What is happening is the same thing as when we went in.

Mass desertions.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Amen to that.

Persia use to be a great empire, I am glad I did not live under their rule..

What I am worried about is when they take over Iraq, we will have more problems later, if the cell is left to flourish, America and the whole world is at danger..

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere
If the locals don't want to go back a 1000 years. They better rise up.

TV news is reporting that the Iraqi military is stripping off their uniforms and running away. The streets are full of abandoned Army vehicles and military uniforms that were stripped off. TV news say the uniforms are on the ground all over the city.

And yes ... as these Sharia Law extremist nutters take over, it's an instant throwback of thousand years at least. The women have to wear 'wide clothes' and 'can't leave the home'. My God ... you'd never know it's 2014 AD ....

edit on 6/12/2014 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: starfoxxx

What I am worried about is when they take over Iraq, we will have more problems later, if the cell is left to flourish, America and the whole world is at danger.

We can count on it.

Since Iran is ran by the 12ers.

Since Iraq was once a part of the persian empire.

All actions in the ME have been an effort to rebuild it.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

originally posted by: whyamIhere
If the locals don't want to go back a 1000 years. They better rise up.

TV news is reporting that the Iraqi military is stripping off their uniforms and running away. The streets are full of abandoned Army vehicles and military uniforms that were stripped off. TV news say the uniforms are on the ground all over the city.

And yes ... as these Sharia Law extremist nutters take over, it's an instant throwback of thousand years at least. The women have to wear 'wide clothes' and 'can't leave the home'. My God ... you'd never know it's 2014 AD ....

They have to keep control of a women, or they will not know if the child she has is really his!!!
I understand their old time worry, and I understand jealousy. We have DNA tests now, no need to worry,
they need a muslim Maury, oh what am i thinking, he would get beheaded pretty quick.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 02:15 PM
link   

a reply to: amazing

What is happening is the same thing as when we went in.

Mass desertions.

That still goes back to bad leadership.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: speeddr2000
Couldn't agree more.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing

"boundaries of countries and lands before western colonialism and imperialism."

right,,,
here u go then,,i guess the West just gives everything away, including Spain?
boundaries of countries and lands before western colonialism and imperialism.,,lol

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Islamic Caliphate

here u go.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 02:24 PM
link   

a reply to: starfoxxx

What I am worried about is when they take over Iraq, we will have more problems later, if the cell is left to flourish, America and the whole world is at danger.

We can count on it.

Since Iran is ran by the 12ers.

Since Iraq was once a part of the persian empire.

All actions in the ME have been an effort to rebuild it.

It would be better I suppose to take the high road, let them build up and attack us, turn the other cheek right now..

America should not have to be the ones loosing their life over this again after being forced to leave.
Let the brits and EU handle it..

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join