It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraq crisis: Isis militants close in on Baghdad - live coverage

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Iran deploying forces to fight in Iraq

Tweets say: No boots on ground being considered by US according to WH sources. (Perhaps air strikes?)

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 01:07 PM
link   
They lost to a bunch of guys in a pickup trucks.

Why won't they fight for there own Country.

Because they are scared to death of the Extremists.

So Sad...So much lost.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere
a reply to: LittleByLittle

Why should Persian Shia:s of Iran intervene in Arabic Sunni affairs that is controlled by House of Saud/Saudi Arabia Wahhabi. Syria is another matter for Iran since there are Shia in Syria.

I don't want any war.

But, if there is going to be a fight in the ME...America needs to sit it out.

Checked about the demographics off Iraq and saw that there are in fact:
Percent Shia Muslim: 63%
Percent Sunni Muslim: 34%
It does not say anything about the Kurds. Jippy this complicates things even more.
Sorry for my previous comment. Can see that maybe Iran would be interested in the Shia Arabs even if they are not Persian.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Honestly, I haven't got a clue of what the Religious break down is in Iraq.

I just know it's something they must fix themselves.

I do know American History. And it's not so good in the ME.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: victor7

Whole world should get together and blast this Islamic Fanaticism out. It is a major threat to the humanity's future.

The problem is that it is supported by Wahhabi schools and connected to Saudi Arabia. US are allies with Saudi Arabia. If US was after really removing this problem then the terrorist country was Saudi Arabia. But attacking Mecka/Saudi Arabia will give the Wahhabi even more followers. But you never know one day Putin might retaliate on Saudi Arabia for the terror attacks in Russia.

The Wahhabi can be seen as the Sunni Muslim version of the Christian Inquisition modified as a fighting force.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Everyone knew this was going to happen.

The same thing happened with the fall of Saigon.

When the US throws it's hands up in the air, and says 'I give up'.

Winning hasn't been in war strategy since World War 2.

When this country threw EVERYTHING it had at the 'enemy' of the time.

Thank politics for the Iraq crisis.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: daaskapital

To blame everything on Obama is foolish, considering the complicated circumstances surrounding these events.
For no specific reason, just general principle?
I think it is blamable, and not, obviously on Obama alone, but he is in the position to take responsibility for the actions of the administration that at least on paper he is the head of.
I am sick of responsible people being given a pass as if they have no control over what gov. agencies under them do.
edit on 12-6-2014 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96
I was just about to post a you tube of the fall of Saigon,but decided against it but yes all those embassy staff and contractors might be getting evacuated shortly.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

Two years ago ISIS had 2500 militants and a mediocre leader now theres 50000 of them someone has spent a lot of time effort and money on these bastards and I have a feeling where not going to like the truth as to whom that might be.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 01:38 PM
link   
This disgusts me.

International Business Times - Medieval Sharia Law Imposed on Millions in Nineveh Province

The Islamic State of Iraq and al-Shams (Isis) has imposed a strict set of Sharia laws on the citizens of Nineveh province just days after capturing the provincial capital of Mosul.

In a document circulating on social media attributed to the group, Isis warned tribal leaders and sheikhs not to "work with [the Iraqi] government and be traitors" while proclaiming that women should only go outside if absolutely necessary.

"For women, dress decently and wear wide clothes. Only go out if needed," read the document as translated by Al Aan TV reporter Jenan Moussa.

Further rules included bans on drugs, alcohol and cigarettes while public gatherings, the possession of guns and the carrying of flags not of the Islamic state were outlawed.

Original document at the link.

The Islamic terrorists taking over and imposing Sharia law on those poor people have said that they have "taken on the responsibility to bring back glory of the Islamic Caliphate".

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I tell you all this ?

I have no sympathy for what is currently going on in Iraq.

The Iraqi government didn't want us there.

The current president of this country didn't want us there.

'Declared victory' then cut and ran.

Now AQ is on the march, and as everyone knows AQ is backed by Saudi.

The Iraqi government was all 'best buds' with Iran.

And Saudi wouldn't have it.

Which created the current topic.

We definatly invaded the wrong two countries,

We should have cut off the heads of the snakes instead.

Saudi Arabia. and Iran.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
I tell you all this ?

I have no sympathy for what is currently going on in Iraq.

The Iraqi government didn't want us there.

The current president of this country didn't want us there.

'Declared victory' then cut and ran.

Now AQ is on the march, and as everyone knows AQ is backed by Saudi.

The Iraqi government was all 'best buds' with Iran.

And Saudi wouldn't have it.

Which created the current topic.

We definatly invaded the wrong two countries,

We should have cut off the heads of the snakes instead.

Saudi Arabia. and Iran.

Our govt and saudi are like peas and carrots, Neo
Doesnt matter what SHOULD be done.. it wont be done. It doesnt matter whats right, what saves American/coalition blood, or whats right for the Iraqi people. All that matters is Empire.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere

Honestly, I haven't got a clue of what the Religious break down is in Iraq.

I just know it's something they must fix themselves.

I do know American History. And it's not so good in the ME.

I'm afraid that the above - no offence meant WhyamIhere - is a good example of why the West has had such trouble in Iraq. When I heard that someone had had to explain to Dubya about the difference between Shia and Sunni loud alarm bells went off in my mind, because I realised that the bloody man didn't have a clue about the country. They haven't been able to 'fix' the divide in Islam in fifteen-hundred-odd years.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Advantage

I know some people like to think that but who can't forget:

Bin Laden is Saudi.

Those 19 hijackers were Saudi.

And Saudi is behind AQ in Syria.

Saudi was behind AQ in Somalia

Saudi Arabia is no 'friend' to the US.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

I know some people like to think that but who can't forget:

Bin Laden is Saudi.

Those 19 hijackers were Saudi.

And Saudi is behind AQ in Syria.

Saudi was behind AQ in Somalia

Saudi Arabia is no 'friend' to the US.

I said they were like peas and carrots. Not "friend". DO you not think that our govt is also behind AQ in all of those places? Peas and carrots.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

The scary thing is these crazy pickup truck warriors do not respect Borders.

They will not stop. A Blind man can see a big war is coming.

If the locals don't want to go back a 1000 years. They better rise up.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
This disgusts me.

International Business Times - Medieval Sharia Law Imposed on Millions in Nineveh Province

The Islamic State of Iraq and al-Shams (Isis) has imposed a strict set of Sharia laws on the citizens of Nineveh province just days after capturing the provincial capital of Mosul.

In a document circulating on social media attributed to the group, Isis warned tribal leaders and sheikhs not to "work with [the Iraqi] government and be traitors" while proclaiming that women should only go outside if absolutely necessary.

"For women, dress decently and wear wide clothes. Only go out if needed," read the document as translated by Al Aan TV reporter Jenan Moussa.

Further rules included bans on drugs, alcohol and cigarettes while public gatherings, the possession of guns and the carrying of flags not of the Islamic state were outlawed.

Original document at the link.

The Islamic terrorists taking over and imposing Sharia law on those poor people have said that they have "taken on the responsibility to bring back glory of the Islamic Caliphate".

It is too soon for a "i told you so".. but damn, did we not say this a thousand times and everyone know this was going to happen? History repeats itself again, it is so sad.. The people would be much safer if the American and coalition forces were their protecting all those fleeing innocent folks!! NOW to go back, and loose more lives? I can not see a justification now.. I do feel sympathy for them though, i can not help it.. The CIA has their hands full now..
edit on 12-6-2014 by starfoxxx because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 01:50 PM
link   

DO you not think that our govt is also behind AQ in all of those places?

Nope

Some financing for al-Qaeda in the 1990s came from the personal wealth of Osama bin Laden.[70] By 2001 Afghanistan had become politically complex and mired. With many financial sources for al-Qaeda, bin Laden's financing role may have become comparatively minor. Sources in 2001 could also have included Jamaa Al-Islamiyya and Islamic Jihad, both associated with Afghan-based Egyptians.[71] Other sources of income in 2001 included the heroin trade and donations from supporters in Kuwait, Saudi Arabia and other Islamic countries.[70] A WikiLeaks released memo from the United States Secretary of State sent in 2009 asserted that the primary source of funding of Sunni terrorist groups worldwide was Saudi Arabia

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Just reliving the fall of Saigon.Yes many here foresaw this happening from the beginning. Unfortunately none of our supposed leaders did.
To all our military guys.Im sorry our politicians are complete imbeciles who risked your lives for nothing.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Let me throw in my 2 cents on the matter:

1) From most of the info regarding ISIS actions in Syria it seems they were mostly fighting the rebel groups opposing Assad and not so much the government troops.
The question that stems from this is:

How would this benefit the US that is against the Assad regime ? Well, it wouldn't. The one benefiting the most from this would be Assad.

2) A lot of reports on ISIS in Syria mentioned that they either spoke Russian or Arabic with Russian accents. This actually reinforces the previous point.

3) Apparently AQ strongly condemned and opposed actions undertaken by ISIS in Syria, to the point that they retracted any form of support towards them.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join