It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraq crisis: Isis militants close in on Baghdad - live coverage

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: HardCorps

I wonder if they stop 7 times a day to recognize the pillars of islam? If both sides did that would be strange =O right now someone is preparing for tons of IED attacks in preparation for the attack, the violence will escalade rather quickly as both sides are cowards.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Brotherman

Scatter like roaches comes to mind....when I think of the Iraq security forces...

Right now everyone is 'Oscar Mike' on the move...
Trying to figure out the best place to make their next strike?
Of course they came so far so fast their probably thinking they can take their own sweet time in taking Baghdad

Still those haji's gotta take a break to rape pillage and burn...esp religious shrines... before moving on, right?

edit on 13-6-2014 by HardCorps because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 11:32 AM
link   

do you remember the bridge in Nasiryah?

I see this becoming the next tactical step on behalf of a desperate military, they will resort to this

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 11:33 AM
link   
OBAMA TELLS IRAQ'S LEADERS TO 'SOLVE THEIR OWN PROBLEMS'

www.foxnews.com

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Iran sends forces to Iraq as ISIS militants press forward, official says
From CNN

(CNN) -- Emboldened militants, backed by Sunni tribal leaders, pushed toward Baghdad on Friday as Iran sent troops to fight alongside government forces. In Washington, increasingly nervous U.S. officials mulled their limited options to help slow the militants' advance.

In recent days, Iran has sent about 500 Revolutionary Guard troops to fight alongside Iraqi government security forces in Diyala province, a senior security official in Baghdad told CNN.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 12:12 PM
link   
So it seems that the ISIS leader used to be in a prison camp, until released by the Obama administration? That was a good decision then?

www.thegatewaypundit.com...
edit on 13-6-2014 by solidshot because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 12:25 PM
link   
HardCrops and Brotherman :

I have a Q since you both appear have to have been in the sandbox
With 1st hand experience... maybe you can have an educated opinion on this : I am not shocked at what has happened.. I am shocked with the ISIS numbers.. actually Im shocked this isnt being discussed more publically or by our admin/news. Theyre a full blown force. Where would they have been training and amassing since we were in the region? This leads me to believe that we KNEW and promoted this.. by proxy or otherwise. BUT... where were they? Where did they get the hardware and intel? Ya know where Im going with this.. but there is NO way we, NATO, China, Russia, etc didnt KNOW this was building. Ive read some messages, tweets, emails, crap like that.. they are MANY in number.. and more like berzerkers taking towns, bases, etc. Iraqi forces cut and run to leave the citizens to fight, run or hide.

I am very interested in Iran and Turkey as far as their responses.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Advantage

See if this helps clear things up for ya

Who They Are: ISIS stands for Islamic State of Iraq and Syria, also known as the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL). The group is trying to form an independent state with territory in Iraq, Syria, and parts of Lebanon. They are led by an Iraqi cleric who goes by the name Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi.

What They Do: ISIS has been fighting against Syrian President Bashar al-Assad as well as other militant Islamic groups in Syria for control of parts of Syria while also fighting the Iraqi government in its quest to form the unified ISIS state. Its brutal tactics have been disavowed as too extreme by al Qaeda's leader Ayman al-Zawahiri.

ABC news posted a whois story

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Well that confirms that we already knew for a very long time who backs and who equips... and where.

I had thought Syria, but I didnt know if they would be in Afghanistan being equipped by Syria. If people dont see whats going on by now.. they never will. I dont think they care..

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 02:12 PM
link   

In part back in the mid 2000's the early stages of the new jundiis were actually trained by us the US and Britain many of the early recruits deserted, since the early stages after the first mass desertions MNFI (a unit I used to work for) began implementing a bio metrics program for the new soldiers of Iraq, where do you think we got all the info on people that would normally be no-bodies? We have collected their data from the get go. Not all of them deserted of course but the ones we did over the course of almost a decade number in the thousands and took their training back to wherever they went as instructors themselves. Their is so much more I wish I could explain here.

you may also want to look up CMATT and also the vinnell corporation. links to leaders will more then likely link you to places you may not be comfortable looking into.

also this may look pretty familiar

Battle Al-Hawwasm 2003[edit]
In the days leading up to the 2003 invasion of Iraq and the following Iraq War, the Army consisted of 375,000 troops, organized into five corps. In all, there were 11 infantry divisions, 3 mechanized divisions, and 3 armored divisions. The Republican Guard consisted of between 50,000 and 60,000 troops (although some sources indicate a strength of up to 80,000).

In January 2003, before the start of the invasion of Iraq in March 2003, the force was primarily located in eastern Iraq. The five corps were organised as follows:

1st Corps, near Kirkuk consisted of the 5th Mechanized Division, 2nd Infantry Division, 8th Infantry Division and the 38th Infantry Division.
2nd Corps, near Diyala, had the 3rd Armored Division, 15th Infantry Division, and 34th Infantry Division.
3rd Corps, near An Nasiriyah, had the 6th Armored Division, the 51st Mechanized Division, and the 11th Infantry Division.
4th Corps, near Amarah, included the 10th Armored Division, 14th Infantry Division and 18th Infantry Division.
5th Corps, near Mosul, had the 1st Mechanized Division, and the 4th, 7th, and 16th Infantry Divisions.
Western Desert Force, consisting of an armored infantry division and other units in western Iraq.
During the 2003 invasion of Iraq the Iraqi Army was defeated in a number of battles, including by Task Force Viking in the north, and the Battle of Nasiriyah and the Battle of Baghdad. The Iraqi Army was disbanded by Coalition Provisional Authority Order Number 2 issued by U.S. Administrator of Iraq Paul Bremer on May 23, 2003 after its decisive defeat during the Second Gulf War.[36] Bremer said that it was not feasible to reconstitute the armed forces. His justifications for the disbandment included postwar looting, which had destroyed all the bases; that the largely Shiite draftees of the army would not respond to a recall plea from their former commanders, who were primarily Sunnis, and that recalling the army would be a political disaster because to the vast majority of Iraqis it was a symbol of the old Baathist-led Sunni ascendancy..."[37]

Wiki
edit on 13-6-2014 by Brotherman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Brotherman

In part back in the mid 2000's the early stages of the new jundiis were actually trained by us the US and Britain many of the early recruits deserted, since the early stages after the first mass desertions MNFI (a unit I used to work for) began implementing a bio metrics program for the new soldiers of Iraq, where do you think we got all the info on people that would normally be no-bodies? We have collected their data from the get go. Not all of them deserted of course but the ones we did over the course of almost a decade number in the thousands and took their training back to wherever they went as instructors themselves. Their is so much more I wish I could explain here.

you may also want to look up CMATT and also the vinnell corporation. links to leaders will more then likely link you to places you may not be comfortable looking into.

also this may look pretty familiar

Battle Al-Hawwasm 2003[edit]
In the days leading up to the 2003 invasion of Iraq and the following Iraq War, the Army consisted of 375,000 troops, organized into five corps. In all, there were 11 infantry divisions, 3 mechanized divisions, and 3 armored divisions. The Republican Guard consisted of between 50,000 and 60,000 troops (although some sources indicate a strength of up to 80,000).

In January 2003, before the start of the invasion of Iraq in March 2003, the force was primarily located in eastern Iraq. The five corps were organised as follows:

1st Corps, near Kirkuk consisted of the 5th Mechanized Division, 2nd Infantry Division, 8th Infantry Division and the 38th Infantry Division.
2nd Corps, near Diyala, had the 3rd Armored Division, 15th Infantry Division, and 34th Infantry Division.
3rd Corps, near An Nasiriyah, had the 6th Armored Division, the 51st Mechanized Division, and the 11th Infantry Division.
4th Corps, near Amarah, included the 10th Armored Division, 14th Infantry Division and 18th Infantry Division.
5th Corps, near Mosul, had the 1st Mechanized Division, and the 4th, 7th, and 16th Infantry Divisions.
Western Desert Force, consisting of an armored infantry division and other units in western Iraq.
During the 2003 invasion of Iraq the Iraqi Army was defeated in a number of battles, including by Task Force Viking in the north, and the Battle of Nasiriyah and the Battle of Baghdad. The Iraqi Army was disbanded by Coalition Provisional Authority Order Number 2 issued by U.S. Administrator of Iraq Paul Bremer on May 23, 2003 after its decisive defeat during the Second Gulf War.[36] Bremer said that it was not feasible to reconstitute the armed forces. His justifications for the disbandment included postwar looting, which had destroyed all the bases; that the largely Shiite draftees of the army would not respond to a recall plea from their former commanders, who were primarily Sunnis, and that recalling the army would be a political disaster because to the vast majority of Iraqis it was a symbol of the old Baathist-led Sunni ascendancy..."[37]

Wiki

Fascinating and THANK YOU.

I knew about the biometric program only because my husbands friends grumbling about being glorified census takers.... before things were fleshed out over time and the reasons became clearer. Everything was so compartmentalized and the propaganda was so heavy from '94-'02 when he was active that no one knew what the other handS were doing.. at least within the Corps. It wasnt just the US. He was fighting along side British, Portugese, etc brothers... no one knew what the end game was.. other than winning hearts and minds. Now all these years later its pulling together and there are a lot of feelings of betrayal.. anger... because we trained and armed our "enemy". Today it seems its Saigon all over again. Ive told this before on here.. my husband was shot several times.. what sent him home. Long story short, he was injured with American hardware and he was/is/will forever be incredibly PISSED OFF. Playing both sides of the game makes you a winner either way the wind blows.

Brotherman.. you and HC ( and others) should really make a thread in RATS.. it could be a resource for those who arent in the know and maybe connect some compartmentalized dots.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 03:58 PM
link   

I can't talk about the it all for multiple reasons

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Should have let Saddam live and do what he does best. Some countries need a dictatorship. sad but true, until they evolve.

Many adults in Iraq believe the coalition effort has been negative, according to a poll by the Iraq Center for Research and Strategic Studies and the Gulf Research Center. 90 per cent of respondents think the situation in their country was better before the U.S.-led invasion.

chillie sauce

Same with other middle eastern countries.

all we did was make it a clean slate and fan the flames for these people to spread like cancer.

oh and another thing, its broken beyond repair now. The world I mean.

and you debate why aliens haven't made contact?

neither would I.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 05:50 PM
link   
this might help , with the who's who.,,

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 10:03 PM
link   

I just read Iran is sending General Suliman (sp) and the US is probably joining with air strikes in a few days with the Air Force. Shiites are guarding their holy sites, Samurra is next in line to fall and Isis has stopped there. I guess Obama said he is not sending a force on the ground but they probably will send air strikes to both Syria and Iraq. The Kurds have got a city they wanted for centuries, Kitkut or something like that, and I guess everyone is fine with it as long as they offer security except there are some Arabs living there who will not be pleased. The Isis members have long hair and reports are they are Arabs from many different places...about 7000 of them. Looks like we are going to war after all.

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Iraq is going to end up as three countries the Kurdish Peshmerga in the north and the Sunnis in the south with the Shia in the middle.

The Sunnis and the Shia will fight for years and Kurdish Peshmerga will just set back and wait to pick up the pieces

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Destinyone

originally posted by: Stormdancer777
a reply to: FlyersFan

Obama will hear about it on the news.

Yup...he turns his cell phone off on the golf course.

Des

Hi Des:

SO this...sorry got to go cause my helicopter is here and don't want to be late to Palm Springs!

Oh and Vets, how are those Dr. appointments working out for ya?

MissMissie

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Missmissie173

originally posted by: Destinyone

originally posted by: Stormdancer777
a reply to: FlyersFan

Obama will hear about it on the news.

Yup...he turns his cell phone off on the golf course.

Des

Hi Des:

SO this...sorry got to go cause my helicopter is here and don't want to be late to Palm Springs!

Oh and Vets, how are those Dr. appointments working out for ya?

MissMissie

Doctor visits to the VA????
Let me put it this way...
If I had waited for the VA doctors to fix me up.
I'd still be stuck in a wheelchair---if not worse

I think Most VETs long ago figured out it's best to go anywhere else, even if that means a free clinic somewhere.

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Nobody wants ISIS,not even Al-Qaeda!

I suspect joint efforts between nations would be the best way to go to take care of them.

And for you who don't know, ISIS is now(and has been for a while) bigger,richer and stronger than Al-Qaeda.
They are more guerilla than terrorism,since they seek to actually establish themselves as the Islam Calpihate,they want to take over Iraq and Syria and they have this very clear. Also,they promised to invade Jordan, so I'm guessing part of the plan is to kill Israel. With this info,I find it hard to believe that USA will keep their hands off this,although judging by Obama's policies there's a good chance it might happen.

I usually am against meddling in these affairs, but it's clear that Iraq can't hold itself, Iraq could very well cease to exist after this,but who's gonna take the remnants of the nation?

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Source

(Reuters) - Iran could contemplate cooperating with its old adversary the United States on restoring security to Iraq if it saw Washington confronting "terrorist groups in Iraq and elsewhere", Iranian President Hassan Rouhani said on Saturday.

Well i never ever thought I would see this day.. I mean my jaw
didn't just drop it hit the floor.

Iran and the United States working together against Muslim extremists..

Watch Isreal do something to put the peter on it (screw it up)

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join