It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

The Sumerian King List Spans for Over 241,000 Years Before a Great Flood

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 11:09 PM
There is some error in the translation here as well. There is no way ANYONE could live to 200 years, much less 28,000 years. The body naturally breaks down and decays. I'm going to go with the lunar cycles instead of solar cycles here as well, or they measured years much differently then we do today

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 11:27 PM
I'm surprised no one mentioned ancient aliens here yet. If aliens did come to earth and lived here with people then maybe they could live that long. Remember all these ancient people said their kings were "gods".

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 12:13 AM

originally posted by: JiggyPotamus
Noice. Noice! Noice? I assume we are referring to the same thing, lol. Anyway, hasn't it been established that the earth is only 4,000 years old? No? Fine. I do find it perplexing that the list would switch between myth and reality, from outrageous numbers to more realistic numbers, but I think it is plausible that these numbers representations of some kind. I think one possibility that I did not see mentioned in the article is the idea that these large reigns represented multiple rulers, likely descendants from the previous ruler, all who held the same name or title. The number would represent the aggregate. That would be a lot of rulers though.

I had never heard the idea of the Biblical ages being representations of importance, but that actually makes a lot of sense. The parallels between pre-Biblical history and the history in the Bible have always intrigued me, and it could be indicative of the Bible being based on earlier accounts, or could simply suggest that the same history was recorded by two different peoples at different times. This may or may not shed light on the authenticity of such claims, depending on how one views the issue.

The Bible as far as I know never stated that the earth was 4000yrs old that was Bishop Ussher of England who counted backward to 6000yrs .

Now if I were a proponent of the ancient astronaut theory (which Iam not) going back and forth through space and even time by circumventing the speed of light it would make sense that one could be perceived as being extremely old,as vast amount of time would pass on earth while one would age very little.
S&F to the O.P
edit on 13-6-2014 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 12:59 AM
I don't understand why people think the earth is only 4000 years old... The bible does not go over how old the earth itself is, only how old humanity is. I believe the earth to be millions or even billions of years old, but humanity (as we know it today) has only existed for the last ~5000+ years, going on 6000.

Who knows what went on before we were created here (dinosaurs, aliens, demons, demi-gods, etc...).

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 01:17 AM
a reply to: Telos

Could it be that during pre-flood, mankind connection to spiritual plane were stronger, and allowed them to live longer?

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 02:44 AM

Here is my explanation of this artifact, my thesis requires rejection of the standard cosmological model and planetary and stellar formation theories based on gravity, it requires specifically rejection of Special and General Relativity and any description provided thereby for gravity, and additionally of a constant rate of nuclear decay - but rather nuclear decay is greatly effected by changes in the electrical and magnetic environment.

This alternative cosmology regarding the history of Earth and our solar system, is drawn from new scientific theory regarding plasma physics, gravity, Immanuel Velikovsky 'Worlds in Collision', Zachariah Sitchin's work on deciphering ancient Sumerian tablets - and scholarly work of interpretations of myths and legends and various archaeological, geological and astronomical observations.

These years that are recorded are much shorter years than we currently experience on Earth, these were years that occurred before the Great Flood. They are faithfully recorded with tolerable accuracy and represent real beings and real time periods.

Before the existence of the current solar system, Saturn was a Brown Dwarf star, and Earth and Mars (and others) orbited it, Saturn was in a binary system with Jupiter, which was a Red Dwarf star.

These type of stars have extended plasma spheres which cause a very diffuse light throughout, they have low strength magnetic fields which produce low gravity on their satellites. Gravity is due to the electrostatic force. Charge separation due to electric fields causes it to produce a force we call gravity.

Planets inside the plasma shell of such stars have very low variations of natural phenomena - the habitable zone for these stars is very broad and extremely hospitable for life.

An intelligent species on a satellite of Jupiter - a satellite later known to Sumerians as Nibiru - held an advanced and intelligent species, the Annunaki. These beings were involved in space exploration and realized that their binary system was on a collision course with a certain G type main sequence star - and extremely brilliant and powerful yellow star, a star we call Sol.

After determining that being captured by that star would be catastrophic, they embarked on a project of unprecedented scope - an evacuation of the worlds on which they lived.

They sent out missions to as many satellites as possible in their system to obtain raw materials, a mission landed on Earth and began a mining operation. Due to the conditions being different from their homeworld, and also the fact that they had a limitation on tools and labor, they created human beings to assist them in their work. Humans were a mixture of indigenous life and Annunaki genetic material - humans were hailed as a great success, with enough dexterity, strength and intelligence to serve as labor for the Annunaki to expedite their mission.

Mining continued with raw materials in abundance mined from Earth and Mars and possibly many other satellites of both Jupiter and Saturn. During this period, Earth and Mars were much closer together and both were abundant in life - mega flora and fauna. That is dinosaurs and a great abundance of giant sized animals and plants. This was possible due to the low variations in temperature, the relative non existence of large bodies of water, and very low gravity - perhaps 1/5th of current earth gravity. Rain did not fall on this earth, but rather during the night dew condensed on all exposed surfaces - creating small rivers, and small bodies of standing water.

Then Saturn began to fall inside the influence of Sol. The Annunaki temporarily evacuated Earth, and the electrical and gravitational environment of the earth changed.

The amount of water that was contained in the atmosphere of the earth was huge, it had also been added to by plasma being jettisoned by Saturn as it adjusted to the new environment. During this period the star and its satellites stopped their normal rotation, and become aligned by their charges - falling in a straight line. They would not have been falling directly towards Sol, due to their kinetic energy and the path they followed to intersect - but the satellites followed after the failing star Saturn. Saturn during this time would have been ejecting plasma, and it would have been increasingly starved of the fuel it required to 'burn' - that is the star Sol was devouring most of the available plasma - and Saturn began to fail.

It was during this period that the concept of the Great Celestial Wheel developed on earth, as the great plasma plumes emitted by Saturn and joining its satellites would have lit the sky with great and brilliant spokes of light.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 03:02 AM
a reply to: soul44

Yes Yes YES - Maybe I am nuts, but what you said struck a chord with me.

Primarily because Gravity distorts space time, and I can imagine our solar system passes through something anomalous during its marathon around the galactic center.

I understand that time in this way is relative to the observer, so even if something did slow us down we would still perceive time passing at the same consistent rate -

But I ask you........ is it not conceivable (taking into account some of the stranger aspects of physics/Quantum M), that there might be some type of phenomenon out there which could distort time ?

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 03:28 AM
a reply to: Amagnon

Then all hell broke lose of earth, the tipping was reached in which the gravitational and electrical potential of the atmosphere caused the first rains to fall on earth. Most of the water contained in todays oceans and sea's was suspended in the atmosphere, and suddenly it all began to condense and fall on the earth.

The mission controller of the Annunaki mission to both Earth and Mars was named Enlil, it was his decision that human beings should not be spared from the cataclysm - because after all they were unnatural beings created by the Annunaki, and furthermore that after the flood the mining missions on earth would have to be abandoned. The project manager and chief scientist of the Annunaki, Enki - disagreed. He felt that human beings deserved a chance of survival, and also thought that the mining mission could be continued after the flood. After all - Jupiter was still many years behind Saturns fall, and there was still time to collect precious resources. Enlil gave an order, that Enki disobeyed - Enki arranged for the survival of humans all across the world - one tale of which we remember as the story of Noah's Ark.

The operations on Earth continued, and Enki - believing that humans had a right of survival began to teach humans the arts of science and civilization.

Due to the fact that the missions to Earth and Mars consisted mainly of males, human females were taken by many Annunaki as wives, obviously they were similar in appearance to Annunaki. Also the mission duration was extremely long and conditions were difficult. They knew that their offspring would be unable to return with them - in fact the union between humans and Annunaki often produced nonviable offspring, monsters. Enlil declared it illegal, the outcomes could ruin the human species, it could create problems for returning with Annunaki insisting on returning offspring and wives and so on. Regardless, it was a wide practice - even involving a rebellion of Annunaki on Mars who did not have humans to aid them - so they came and stole human women to return with them.

The wearing of veils and facial coverings by women is a result of this practice, to cover their beauty so they should not tempt the 'angels' to abduct them.

After a great deal of re-arrangement, the earth settled into an orbit near its current position, Mars was nearby - much closer than it is today and still bearing a great deal of life and water. During this period much of the mega fauna which had survived the flood, expired, it could not contend with the increase of gravity.

Because of the steadily increasing gravity and the destruction of great part of the human stock, Enki produced new humans with a number of variations - most were much smaller to better endure the gravity.

The Annunaki guided Earth and Mars into precise orbits using their capital ships engines to adjust the flow of plasma to the planets. Earth was parked in a 360 day solar orbit, and the new moon which had been acquired during the redistribution of satellites was placed into an exact 30 day orbit. A year was exactly 360 days, of exactly 12 lunar months. Again, it is worth mentioning - Mars was very close by, and filled with life.

The Annunaki rebuilt, and the mission continued until Jupiter began to succumb to the power of Sol. The Annunaki then left the earth and Mars, and btw a base on our moon. Some remained behind with wives and children and did not return, but removed themselves from human interaction - they remain to this day.

I have no theory as to where or how the Annunaki evacuated - I think it is most likely that they took their entire world and probably many inhabited satellites with it towards a new star - either one they had already settled or a new one. I do not think Nibiru resides in our solar system any longer.

After their departure, Jupiter began the same process as Saturn had so many years earlier (it is almost impossible to accurately gauge time, as human records use years which vary in length and scientific methods are made inaccurate by changing electrical conditions). However, one thing is almost certain - as Jupiter entered our system there was once again great adjustment. Jupiter and its satellites must have passed close enough to the earth to cause great distress, and catastrophe.

Also when Jupiter entered the system it would have ejected a huge amount of plasma, a great cloud of which formed a new planet - Venus. This great planet caused a great deal of destruction - and I believe that its exact nature could not have been calculated by the Annunaki - they may have guessed it would be formed, but its path, size and so on would have been impossible to predict.

Venus had many close contacts with both Earth and Mars - culminating in a devastating contact with Mars that thrust that planet out of its position and destroyed its surface in electrical and plasma exchanges. Venus assumed a new orbit, inside the earths which makes it rise only slightly above the horizon morning and evening; "How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!" - King James bible (referring to Venus).

The resulting damage threw huge chunks of rock into close orbit with Mars, and also drove Mars onto a near collisions with Earth - which also resulted in great devastation on Earth. After a number of close contacts in which electrical exchanges (celestial lightening) had been exchanged and a great deal of rubble surrounding Mars fell on our earth - Mars and Venus settled into steady and harmless orbits.

If you wish to review the background for this cosmological story - I recommend reading Zacharia Sitchin and Immanuel Velikovsky - and of course, Electric Universe Theory and theories of an expanding earth (earth is always expanding as it absorbs new plasma - this new material is ejected to the surface as lava, and forms low lying ocean and sea beds - the earth surface slowly buckles as it becomes flatter due to an increase in radius of curvature - this can cause mountains to be both created and destroyed, this pressure on continents is usually felt around their thick edges as new ocean floors crush against them).

Human beings are likely unusual in this galaxy, most intelligent species would arise on Red and Brown dwarf stars - and be far more intelligent than us (low gravity would allow large brains) - however we can endure great changes in temperature, high gravity and deadly radiation from our yellow sun. Our physiology would be intimidating to most intelligent species - if you think of the movie Aliens, thats probably what we seem like to most other intelligent species - strong, robust and dangerous - not terribly smart - but smart enough to be dangerous.

I have some thought that perhaps human being analogues are now scattered throughout this galaxy, with species coming here to harvest human DNA so they might employ us to subdue hostile worlds or fight their wars. Perhaps human beings are fighting wars on a thousand worlds out there on behalf of their alien masters ...
edit on 13-6-2014 by Amagnon because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-6-2014 by Amagnon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 04:34 AM
Weren't Sumerians a moon culture and not a sun one like the Egyptians? If the time periods were taken as luna months then this would reduce the numbers considerably.

I also see the theory by Amagnon as a very good one also that may well have applied. I doubt that how we measure today is the same way the Sumerians did.

I am grateful to Sitchin for opening up the information and his ideas on the Sumerian culture and, even to Rothschild it he did indeed fund Sitchin, as our history is important, because I believe every human has a right to know about their roots back in time, without being compromised by today's religions. People forget that with authors like Sitchin, they are putting their research forward and often when reading this kind of book one agreeds in part and disagrees in other parts - but we are lucky that men like Sitchin felt the need to write about this subject as we won't get much from archaeology as it is so ham-stringed today by outside influences and funding.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 05:02 AM

originally posted by: HomerinNC
There is some error in the translation here as well. There is no way ANYONE could live to 200 years, much less 28,000 years. The body naturally breaks down and decays. I'm going to go with the lunar cycles instead of solar cycles here as well, or they measured years much differently then we do today

You seem very sure

As I posted, I think the pre-flood kings were either Annunaki, or hybrids - and it is clearly stated in the Sumerian texts that the gods were immortals. They did not die of old age due to eating and drinking some substances that preventing them from aging, and in fact rejuvenated their youth.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 05:35 AM
a reply to: Amagnon
Something that has always impressed me is that the atmosphere enabled animals during the time of the dinosaurs grow to huge proportions and then , when the atmosphere changed, they shrunk down again.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 05:37 AM
a reply to: Soapusmaximus
Yes i agree its could be possible. I have a hunch that dark energy might have something to do with it but i cant really say.

After reading your reply i started doing a bit of quick research and i came to the conclusion that i really don't understand the concept of time dilatation and time in regards to it being relative the observer that well. Probably something i will look into closely after i finish this semesters assignments.

edit on 13-6-2014 by soul44 because: Corrected "reply to"

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 07:08 AM
a reply to: soul44

Time dilation is best obsereved as a functioning part of the process itself,so simply watch a single drop of water falling on the still surface of a pool of water,what you see will be an accurate representation of how the universe was created.In fact that one simple action is coded with all of natures data,everything is.

As the waves emanate from the center they undulate creating all kinds things.

Are those waves we are seeing or empty spots?

Are we contracting time as opposed to creating waves?

Does the action of the drop hitting the still surface of the pool of water create a series of rolling time dilations?

That we see demonstrated as waves?

If you are riding your bike down a gravel road and you APPROACH a curve in the road ,then you are ON the curve at which point your back tire runs over a small stone which is then ejected outfrom under the tire and then it hits another larger rock on the road and ROCKETS AHEAD OF ME ON MY BIKE and lands in FRONT OF ME,then I the PASS the curve in the road and up ahead of me is THE SAME SMALL STONE AGAIN,and I am again approaching it..........Did the small stone time travel?

It was in my future,it came into my present,it became a part of my past,but suddenly it came from my past and again became a part of my future before I could even get there,did it time travel?

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 07:25 AM
a reply to: Aedaeum

"ut humanity (as we know it today) has only existed for the last ~5000+ years, going on 6000."

Maybe I'm misunderstanding. I think your saying that humankind existed for 6,000 years? Its 2014 so I think your saying that humans came upon the stage about 4,000 years BCE?

One of the most interesting things I've been following is that as new archeological sites are found and researched, Scientists examining the data are discovering that humans appear to have been on the planet far longer than previously thought. What's really interesting is that not only have they been around longer but they've been building stuff for longer than previously thought. So for example the Gobekli Tepe site was erected some 6,000 years before Stonehenge.

For some understanding of the time line see:

From the Smithstonian: "Klaus Schmidt has made one of the most startling archaeological discoveries of our time: massive carved stones about 11,000 years old, crafted and arranged by prehistoric people who had not yet developed metal tools or even pottery. The megaliths predate Stonehenge by some 6,000 years. The place is called Gobekli Tepe, and Schmidt, a German archaeologist who has been working here more than a decade, is convinced it's the site of the world's oldest temple."

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 07:46 AM
a reply to: TonyS

Humanity as we know it has only existed for 3594 years,each Cycle is 3600 years long and these Earth Cycles of 3600 years are each encapsulating one entire circle of Humanitarian history.

Humanity "survives" each Earth Cycle if nature dictates so,if not we become extinct.

Nothing of our 3600 year individually catalysed circular histories survives the Earth Cycles end,nothing but monuments built of stone that are collosal.Or random bits and pieces,little that can stand the test of time and tell much of a story.

Geology does not lie,Archeology does.

Geology shows us reality based patterns based upon our planet a reality we all share not by choice and Archeology shows us agreed upon ideologys based on peoples opinions which are based upon their interpretations of Geology which we share by choice ,BUT....geology only tells one story so there is NO ROOM FOR DIFFERENT INTERPRETATIONS....SOOOOO.... Archeology was created specificlly to mis-inform people,NOT to progress humanity.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 08:14 AM

originally posted by: CAPT PROTON
You guys forget, the Sumerians used a base 60 number system and not the base 10 like we use today. Our clocks still run on base 60. So for accurate times, you need to convert those lengths of time into base 60, or maybe they are in base 60 and need to be converted to base 10. So, those lengths of time should drop dramatically when converted to our modern system. The Sumerians probably never thought someone would be using a non base 60 number system when reviewing their records.

Very good point.
If these numbers have not been converted to base 60 then these numbers will be a lot larger. For example 28,800 base 60 is 27,676,800 in base 10.

If we did this conversion assuming the original numbers are in base 60, and then interpret them to be time cycles of 60 (hours), then this would still be a substantial period of time, as 27,676,800 hours is 3,157 years. Even for a human dynasty, this is a stretch as human nature tends to destroy power structures from within well before that amount of time passes.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 08:19 AM

originally posted by: Murgatroid
a reply to: amazing

That is why even to this day, so many refuse to believe that Zecharia Sitchin was a fraud and a puppet for the elite.

It's pretty clear Sitchin was a psy' op' as he was groomed at the London School of Economics.

You know what? I for once am very happy that everything I wrote is based on in non Sitchin's work. So I knew in advance that I wouldn't be reading bashings about his work. The mentioning of Kramer brought a smile in me just for the very same reason, he is the foremost authority on Sumerian language. Bottom line, I think we can avoid talking about Sitchin and his authenticity and focus on the pure writings which are based on Kramer's translations.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 08:34 AM
What if their reigns was on some other planet.
Maybe the place from where the fallen angels originated from?
Do these tablets or list, provide a hint of these kings living on this planet?

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 08:38 AM

originally posted by: Telos
According to other researchers, the Sumerian King Lists have two main existing versions, the surviving tablets being known as Weld-Blundell (W-B) 62 and 144 respectively, and both are thought to have been originally compiled around the start of the second millennium BC. There is also a third version, a much later compilation by Berossus from the third century BC.

Not only do these lists contain a record of all the post-flood kings of ancient Mesopotamia through to the time of their compilation, but, at the beginning, we once again find a list of antediluvian rulers—and this time their total period of kingship does appear to stretch way back into antiquity.

The Lists Translated

The most recent and detailed translation that I have consulted is of W-B. 144, which was prepared by Samuel Kramer (we all know that he is the father of Sumerian language in the modern era) in The Sumerians. Unlike some others it is uncluttered by any attempts to place absolute dates on the more recent reigns, and is a straightforward rendering of the original text. The pre-flood section reads as follows

After kingship had descended from heaven, Eridu became (the seat) of kingship. In Eridu Alulim reigned 28,800 years as king; Alalgar reigned 36,000 years—two kings reigned 64,800 years. Eridu was abandoned, (and) its kingship was carried off to Badtibira.

In Badtibira, Enmenluanna reigned 43,200 years; Enmengalanna reigned 28,800 years; Dumuzi, the shepherd, reigned 36,000 years—three kings reigned 108,000 years. Badtibira was abandoned, (and) its kingship was carried off to Larak.

In Larak, Ensipazianna reigned 28,800 years—one king reigned 28,800 years. Larak was abandoned, (and) its kingship was carried off to Sippar.

In Sippar, Enmeduranna reigned 21,000 years as king—one king reigned 21,000 years. Sippar was abandoned, (and) its kingship was carried off to Shuruppak.

In Shuruppak, Ubartutu reigned 18,600 years as king—one king reigned 18,600 years.

(Total) five cities, eight kings reigned 241,200 years.

The Flood then swept over (the land).

When compared to Genesis, this list contains only eight rulers instead of ten, but with reported reign lengths that are far more exaggerated, and a total elapsed time of 241,000 years before the flood. Moreover, if we refer to Figure 2 in which the details from W-B. 62 and Berossus are also summarized, although they record ten kings once more, they almost double the total elapsed time to 456,000 and 432,000 years respectively

I got the above snippet from Ian Lawton's 2002 paper who despite the strong spiritual spin, still comes up with some interesting points. I'd suggest to read all his paper on the subject:

If we take the number 456,000 and interpret them as days instead of years, we get roughly 1,250 years. The biblical time period between the fall and the flood is 1,656 years. The 400 year difference isn't a big deal if you consider that the Sumerian kingship might be the line of Cain. His brother, Seth, lived a little over 900 years. If Cain lived approx that long too then he would have been in his prime around the time of the first recorded king.
edit on 13-6-2014 by UnderGetty because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 08:46 AM
This was a great article,
I read an article with a theory that the flood was caused by a collapse of the spherical encasing of water where we now see the clouds and aether, when pangea existed, the world was a biosphere of sorts and smaller also, and there was no rain or cloud formations as we now recognize them, everything grew to enormous sizes, including humans, their lifespans were considerably longer, the one thing that I did not understand is if we had a sun, and water was surrounding the earth what would that do as far as the sunlight reaching the surface of the planet as opposed to the direct sunlight.

I assume this was an interpretation of Genesis concerning the separation of waters, and the position of the "lights" in the firmament in heaven to mean that the sun was on the other side of the waters surrounding earth.

If Methuselah died at age 969 the same year as the flood it is not fully clear whether the flood was the cause directly or not, which means he would have lived longer possibly, but his son Lamech was 777 years old, I am convinced that human history is hundreds of thousands of years old and any previous humans may have been larger or smaller in some instances but for the most part resembling how we look today.

One last thing to consider, suppose the smaller earth were in a closer orbit a smaller sun, could it be that a year was much shorter also if the orbit was faster ? just throwing that out there.
edit on 13-6-2014 by phinubian because: spelling

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>