It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Does It Take To Live In A World Without War

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 01:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger
Get rid of all negativity and hatred...we could have peace. It's all what we put into it, to get what we want OUT of it.

Absolutely! Negativity is a huge drain on society, caused in part by the divisions that are orchestrated to keep us in-fighting on trivial issues, instead of coming together for a common cause.

originally posted by: Murgatroid
My conclusion was that all wars are deliberately staged and orchestrated for nefarious reasons....Wars are simply a euphemism for mass murder.

I agree with you here - it is the desire of Governments to have war to advance their own agendas, never the people.

If one were to take a step back, and look at ONLY the last several months even, it is easy to see that people are being corralled into a revolution. This is happening so incrementally slowly, that the majority aren't even noticing the signs and the calculated manipulation.

They will think it was their idea all along to "fight for their rights" but in reality it wouldn't be allowed to happen unless someone in power stood to gain from it.

The best stance to take would be a Gandhi-like stance, in practicing non-violence and truth. This is more powerful than any weapon, in that there can be no retaliation for it.

originally posted by: np6888
Basically, the game is set up so that there's some kind of drama, but almost always tilted towards the good guys. However, just like a video game, sometimes there's a bad ending, and we have to decide whether that's the one we want.

Which basically comes down to this:

originally posted by: Aphorism
The re-evaluation of all values. To find out that some things just aren't as valuable as we once thought, and other things are.

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 03:07 AM
link   
I was watching a review of the 5 top video games with the best graphics just now..

Every single one of those games were about shooting and killing other people, or pummeling them in violent manner.

I know living in this sort of world for the last few years - it seems like this is the norm, but it is not.

Only a few decades ago, people were instead, watching Happy Days and Gilligan's Island on TV. I don't know whats got into people nowadays.

You see war and violence in the Middle East, led by the Americans, Israeli's, Europeans, Brits, and whoever else, but there are also plenty of peaceful countries just watching the spectacle on the sidelines, chillaxing but appalled; trying to figure out whats going on. Not the entire world is at war. The wars are isolated in certain areas and not constant, instigated by particular nations and peoples. I think someone mentioned, that this is one of the most peaceful periods in recent history, in a long time. Not sure if that's true. Watching too much TV can skew your view of the world - the news - they focus on the Middle East, with the bad brown men, and crazy shooting incidents, or whatever else. Maybe this is the world they want to paint for you, (so they can protect you from it, and sell you war stuff that you pay for) but it is actually a small part of the world for the moment. Just ask the guys in Monaco on their yachts or wherever else (maybe they're the ones painting that picture).

While particular nations and lineages (of people) are at war, other nations are also at peace. Maybe it's not as bad as it seems. (sry maybe off-topic)

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: zatara

The short answer is that instead of building society based on FEAR and VIOLENCE it could be based on other ideas. What it takes is a change in attitude. Today's attitude is that the government should be ALLOWED and ENCOURAGED to commit what is, for me and you, a serious crime, as an every-day way of life. Thats right, ordinary people go up to politicians and request what is normally a crime to be commited on their behalf, and then go to sleep soundly at night and feel wonderful about them self.

So lets start with taxes. For me and you, to go up to someone, demand they pay 35% of their money or they will spend five years in a cage before they are released to be asked once more.... we would swiftly be locked up in jail for that. Its extortion. But when Uncle Sam does then we call it it "taxes"... and suddenly "Uncle Sam got's to do what he will in order to get my kids good schooling, so fine". Okay, well if the govenment isn't supposed to be moral and ethical and is instead "does what needs to be done for the greater good" well now you have a system where you've put a thief in charge of everything.

Today, modern society believes that rule should be by FEAR. Support the poor through taxation OR ELSE you go to jail. Fear. Modern society says pay for my children to go to school through property taxes OR ELSE you I'll take away your property. Fear.

A love-based society says: Hey, I love you. Here is money so your children can get an education. Hopefully you'll pay the favor forward at some point but of not thats okay because I love you any way. When people think the world should be world by fear, the world is ruled by fear. When people think the world should be ruled by love, then the world will be ruled by love.
edit on 14-6-2014 by wayforward because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-6-2014 by wayforward because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Defense contractors and weapons dealers...well not defense contractors just they're directors ,collapse of the monetry system may seem it would halt wars but it isn't coming despite what a few think here, tbh collapse of the finances would cause even more wars.

peace

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 10:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: nOraKat
I was watching a review of the 5 top video games with the best graphics just now..
Every single one of those games were about shooting and killing other people, or pummeling them in violent manner.
Only a few decades ago, people were instead, watching Happy Days and Gilligan's Island on TV. I don't know whats got into people nowadays.

There are theories about how TPTB are programming or conditioning the population for a society they want to create. Little children are bombarded with a role they need to play when they are adults. Of course this will be latent present in their psyche at an older age. Today it is the princess for the girl and warrior for the boy.

You are correct noticing the difference between what children and adults are prefering for entertainment. Learning to kill in a simulation at early age will lower the threshold and make them in later life used to the overall idea when such a reality comes around. Maybe it is the intension to create a tough society. Maybe it is the intension of the PTB to create idiots that go around shooting people up which give them a solid argument to disarm the population..... on which they can execute their final plan.

There are rumours that Walt Disney is helping these PTB for such conditioning. In WW2 Walt Disney tried to adjust the general opinion of the US public with cartoons.

What I wrote are all rumours and not concrete evidence. But let us assume it is all true...in such case Walt Disney will not be the only company giving this PTB a helping hand. Will all their activities be an indication for what is comming?

edit on 25/7/2014 by zatara because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 11:16 PM
link   
The irony is that for peace, some times you need war.

Its not all flowers and chocolate. You just cant solve everything peacefully as much as we all wish that was true.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 12:18 AM
link   
I'm not sure.

I'm not sure we'll ever know in this universe.

This world forces us to make tough choices. It's not black and white. Where're the exact answers? The future seems mostly unclear.

Maybe when we die we'll find out. Or not. Maybe it doesn't matter. Maybe it does. Notice I use a lot maybes. I guess I don't know.

I can't speak for anyone else except me anyway.
edit on 26-7-2014 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 12:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Silcone Synapse
What would it take for humans to stop engaging in war?

We would all have to be genetically altered to take out our greed and ego traits.
But then we would die off-as the "fight" we have in us is what allowed us to thrive as a species.

The greed and ego are not what has allowed us to thrive. It's what has kept capitalism afloat, but if anything has hindered our thriving. Without ego and greed there would be love and that would feed humans more then those primitive feelings. The direction humans and society has taken is quite the opposite. The only progress made for hundreds of years has been towards comfort and ease. When people are helping each other for the simple reason that they're alive and could use the help, then we'll be a species that's thriving.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 12:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: bitsforbytes
The knowledge that the root cause of all the problems are what the seven sins describe. If every human would know about these 7 human issues and would learn how to control or discipline we would see no more wars.

The problem with this is the people who preach the abiding of these sins are main contributors to the conflict in many instances throughout history.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 01:29 AM
link   
a reply to: jonnywhite

Very well put. I especially like the bittersweet you describe. I've felt the same way about our existence, everything's existence for a very long time and it's caused much anxiety, depression, and apathy too. There's no way to keep a beautiful day in all of it's entirety to be experienced again (or all of your days), no way to fix the pain of the eventual demise of everything (loved ones die, even islands sink, everything changes, dies and is replaced). For every moment spent in contentment, there seems to be a multitude spent in boredom, sadness, pain, need and the worry of more to come and most of that is caused by the complicated actions of others who are less empathetic.

It's painful to be sentient enough to see that nature is ugly sometimes, and you can't change that. What we could change is how we treat each other though. We spend a lifetime trying to play and win a game with rules written by others just as clueless as ourselves. Warring over pieces of land we only get to inhabit for a maximum of a century at best and being cruel and killing each other over "treasures" we can't keep. The argument for not having a "survival of the fittest" which would create non-competition wouldn't hold water if we focused on creating a better place for all humans. There are worse enemies than our own on which to focus our survival efforts. Natural disasters, plagues, famines, pollution, terminal illness, over population etc. They are all still very real threats to mankind's survival. Think of the time we would have to just THINK and create, and cure, and just ENJOY what little time we do get to spend living here in this beautiful place.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 01:45 AM
link   
The realization that children are worth more than their (elites) almighty dollar

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 01:49 AM
link   

War is an evil thing. What is the root of all evil?

" The love of money is the root of all evil"

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 08:34 AM
link   

What Does It Take To Live In A World Without War

A world without human beings. Seriously. It's evolutionary psychology for humans to fight with each other and for humans to be tribal. Either humanity itself must evolve past being basically human, or the world needs to void itself of humanity. Those are the only two ways I see that how there could have a world without war.

edit on 7/26/2014 by FlyersFan because: spelling

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

I do understand that, but does that mean that the non-majority not seeking war, greed, lust for power but only wanting fairness, sharing, and peace are flawed humans? Not everyone given the choice of a loaf of bread for your own or sharing with others would take the whole loaf. Sharing with others actually promotes a higher number of survivors to carry on.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join