It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A call for help with propulsion research/experimentation

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Hi everyone,

I’ve been on ATS for quite some time now mostly reading articles from time to time and making little contributions where I feel I can. For the past 5 years I’ve been obsessed with the idea of space travel and getting humanity to a point where individuals can have access easily and cheaply. One of my main inspiration points is that when I think of the Apollo module, the code that was used to make the calculations necessary to make the round trip was weaved (wires were threaded through magnetic rings, passing the wire through or around the ring was the 0 or 1), and that today most of us posses computers thousands of times more powerful in our pockets.

I feel that the main sticking point that’s preventing humanity from reaching a point of individual spaceflight (or for that matter flying cars) was the propulsion methods. Great strides have been made in the last few years but nothing in the way of making a great impact.

I have long since followed the work of people like Townsend, and also the people that have successfully reconstructed devices demonstrating the sam principle. Asymmetric capacitors were of particular interest especially since NASA published a paper dismissing the effect to a by product of ion friction, whereas there is evidence that the effect can be achieved in a near vacuum, so this is something I think that merits more research.

My proposal is this. I have recently got a job at an engineering firm and have many toys at my disposal in the way of wood/metal working as well as electrical engineering, and I think now is the time to stay late at night and work on some designs. The thing is, I have little scientific knowledge, and for the last couple of years I have been out of the loop because of work and other matters. What I am seeking is for anyone to collaborate with, even if it is merely the exchange of ideas and concepts for the best way to proceed. Hopefully we can identify some of the finer points that need to be addressed in order to try and make this viable.

Like I said, I think this could be very important for us all and feel like something should be done about it. I’m finally in a position to actually do something about it so I’d appreciate anyone with advice/guidance to give to make themselves known by either posting here for a discussion or PMing me. Feel free to add any relevant information (no more NASA papers/patents please) and hopefully we can get the ball rolling.

Thanks everyone.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: lacanau

There is a program of like-minds that get together with their own home and lap-tops to assist SETI with the search for intelligent life. Theyve been hoping all the millions or so of computers would be more likely as a collective to find life out there.

I only mention them because Im sure you would find the people youre looking for...(and undoubtedly, an interesting bunch) there to discuss your ideas.

I dont know how to reach them, but I do know you can search thru SETI or other engines to look for this group. Good luck!
Mysterioustranger

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 10:44 AM
link   
The common theme amongst experiments seems to be the reaction of magnetic fields upon superconductors. The ones I know about use high-temperature superconductors, so that would be a good place to start. I'd be curious to know how superconductive plasmas would react in the same experiments, though.

If you have the means, I would try to recreate Podkletnov's experiment.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Build yourself one of these:
www.libertariannews.org...

If it works, you have unlimited power to drive an ion thruster:
www.nasa.gov...

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: AnarchoCapitalist

Have you built one?

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: DenyObfuscation

Have you built one?

nope.

I figure it's worth blowing some time on though if you got the equipment. Minimal investment for a huge return. If it works, you have unlimited energy. If it doesn't work, you're out a few grand tops. Less for this guy, since he has access to the equipment to make it for free.

edit on 6/12/2014 by AnarchoCapitalist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: AnarchoCapitalist

You promote this garbage on your site and don't even know if it works?

33x overunity?

Why would a transverter be needed? Does this thing NOT put out usable power? Forget about looping it back to itself, shouldn't one of these power 33 more?

Donation link on your site to HopeGirl? LOL.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 11:38 AM
link   

You promote this garbage on your site and don't even know if it works?

33x overunity?

Why would a transverter be needed? Does this thing NOT put out usable power? Forget about looping it back to itself, shouldn't one of these power 33 more?

Donation link on your site to HopeGirl? LOL.

It seems rather obvious that the only way to find out if it works as claimed is to replicate the project. The design docs are free to download.

A transverter is needed because the energy output isn't in a form the motor can use to drive itself. The output power needs to be converted and conditioned for it to be usable.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 11:39 AM
link   

"The design docs are free to download" is the usual crafty way of pushing the burden of proof away from the claimant.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: GetHyped

"The design docs are free to download" is the usual crafty way of pushing the burden of proof away from the claimant.

What am I claiming?

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 11:41 AM
link   

"Open Source Free Energy Generator Achieves 33x Overunity"

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: GetHyped

"Open Source Free Energy Generator Achieves 33x Overunity"

According to the oscilloscope, that's what it did.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 11:56 AM
link   

A transverter is needed because the energy output isn't in a form the motor can use to drive itself. The output power needs to be converted and conditioned for it to be usable.

Why? What's wrong with the output power?

How does it power anything else if it can't even use its own output? And why power itself rather than 33 more devices?

I'm not a scientist or engineer but I do have common sense questions. Hope you don't mind that.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Why? What's wrong with the output power?

How does it power anything else if it can't even use its own output? And why power itself rather than 33 more devices?

I'm not a scientist or engineer but I do have common sense questions. Hope you don't mind that.

It's the same reason you need a transverter to turn solar panel output directly into usable power.

en.wikipedia.org...

Transverters are used to convert and combine different types of electrical power such as solar panels, batteries, wind generators, fuel cells, the grid, generators and both DC and AC loads. By automatically analyzing and converting the power between different voltages and AC or DC, it allows for energy to flow between all types of devices. With the advent of the Smart Grid it is becoming very popular since it combines renewable energy, demand management and community energy storage within the home or office. Transverters also correct for power factor locally, which creates significant reductions in transmission loss for the grid.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Well, an open and shut case then /s

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 12:25 PM
link   
It's a DC motor running on AC that's been inverted(?) to DC already. As you showed, a transverter is common. So why do they need this?:

The project team is currently seeking funding to develop the transverter necessary to transform and divert the raw output power from the device back to the motor that drives the device so that it can run itself indefinitely.

Sounds like more BS.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 12:59 PM
link   

It's a DC motor running on AC that's been inverted(?) to DC already. As you showed, a transverter is common. So why do they need this?:

The project team is currently seeking funding to develop the transverter necessary to transform and divert the raw output power from the device back to the motor that drives the device so that it can run itself indefinitely.

Sounds like more BS.

Because if you want to open source the project, you can't do that with an off-the-shelf proprietary transverter. They want to build their own so they can distribute the plans for it, along with the power generator.

Also, I don't think most off-the-shelf transverters are built to handle the voltages they are generating, so they aren't usable. I think he talks about this in one of the presentations.

DC motors are cheap and already past patent.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Also, I don't think most off-the-shelf transverters are built to handle the voltages they are generating, so they aren't usable.

What voltages are they generating?

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Also, I don't think most off-the-shelf transverters are built to handle the voltages they are generating, so they aren't usable.

They hit 25,000 volts and 20,000 VARs energy out, with the potential to go much higher.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 01:13 PM
link   

They hit 25,000 volts and 20,000 VARs energy out, with the potential to go much higher.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join