It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

By Invading, Occupying And Looting Iraq, Bush And Cheney Brought al-Qaeda Into The Country

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 10:34 AM
link   
I wish I could go back and be there for their civilians the new iraqi army always has been filled with cowards and double agents. The administration at the time should have never dismantled the army they once had, we should have never been there to begin with.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Brotherman
I wish I could go back and be there for their civilians the new iraqi army always has been filled with cowards and double agents. The administration at the time should have never dismantled the army they once had, we should have never been there to begin with.

We've played this game many times. If we wanted some control over the chaos.. we would have kept Saddam in power and controlled him and his military. We had been doing this for YEARS with Saddam. I imagine it was a great surprise to him the game changed... and he was a pawn. Im sure it was even more surprising for Gaddafi. Im telling you, I believe with my heart that this is engineered as everything else. This is not an event that wasnt a surprise to anyone but those who truly felt they were destroying a tyrannical regime and freeing the people. I include myself in this years ago. Now I see my mistake.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Advantage

Im with you there bro, and I completely agree.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 10:59 AM
link   

You just described Obama and he got elected by our moronic electorate - TWICE!.

As did Bush --- TWICE. People just won't learn clearly.

2nd

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Yes indeed.... Bush and Dick 'Vader' Cheney sure did open the door to a whole new kind of Evil in Iraq. It was a fools game to think we could hold the tiger by the tail and make it play cards. Well..the tiger yanked it's tail back and we're standing without much to defend with. Just good looks and bad lies, and the looks are getting tired.

It's important to note though, while Bush and Cheney opened the new battlefield which the fanatics came flowing into, it took the idealism of a more recent President to outright and publicly support and train them as allies. Umm.. Libya, Syria, and who knows where else....

It's not a blame game, IMO. Blame really has no place here. That's not to say they aren't guilty and shouldn't be held to account. Oh hell no. It's that the list of names to be held to legal accounting for this pretty much includes ALL OF THEM in Washington.

Red & Blue into that big purple goo.....ewwwwwwww!

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Wrabbit2000

This was in the cards well before Bush and Cheney. WE had a very cozy relationship with Saddam for decades. This was pretty well engineered since the 80's... reagan, clinton... and on from there. Saddam WAS NOT our enemy BTW. History took a turn and was revised .. and everyone believed it. Did you know Saddam was given the keys to the city of Detroit and donated a crapload of money to the catholic church?? Im old enough to remember it all... even though the new history doesnt mention it. Our govt has been rogue for decades. WE pull people close.. and treat them as disposable pawns to further our agenda. Now dont get me wrong.. I enjoy conquer and power.. THATS my nature.. but lying about all of this and engineering things while treating our mil as disposable? Im furious.

The truth is that the truth was never told or silenced by those who knew. Schwarzkopf...

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 11:42 AM
link   

I don't know about the truth being hidden or silenced, and I mean that honestly, as I've never taken time to go look up things like the status between Iraq and Washington before the attack on Kuwait.

I recall the things you're talking about being current event news stories way back then, and you're right. Saddam and Washington were close. After Iran kicked us out ..to say the very least .. We'd have played cards with Satan himself to get back at them, and Saddam fit the bill nicely. lol... (only half in sarcasm for the last bit).

He was useful...until he wasn't useful anymore and then April Glaspie told him the U.S. didn't take positions on Middle Eastern border disputes...within a very short time, tanks rolled south, the world awoke to a true and honest "WTF?!?!?" moment as I've rarely seen one before or since, and history took a new tack from then on.

I'd agree with all of that.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wrabbit2000

I don't know about the truth being hidden or silenced, and I mean that honestly, as I've never taken time to go look up things like the status between Iraq and Washington before the attack on Kuwait.

I recall the things you're talking about being current event news stories way back then, and you're right. Saddam and Washington were close. After Iran kicked us out ..to say the very least .. We'd have played cards with Satan himself to get back at them, and Saddam fit the bill nicely. lol... (only half in sarcasm for the last bit).

He was useful...until he wasn't useful anymore and then April Glaspie told him the U.S. didn't take positions on Middle Eastern border disputes...within a very short time, tanks rolled south, the world awoke to a true and honest "WTF?!?!?" moment as I've rarely seen one before or since, and history took a new tack from then on.

I'd agree with all of that.

Yep. Truth!

My husband was active duty back then and in Kuwait... the great gulf war. The propaganda was heavy..
By time they got to Iraq, a lot of the troops were questioning the actual goal of the mission. Winning hearts and minds you know. It wasnt what was being reported. From the troops to the top.. questions. Youre right about the WTF moment... no one on the ground really expected this to happen and knew it would be an occupation aka a long term CF. Now its 2014.. still a CF.. and one ripe for exploitation. Iraq was the key to Syria and beyond.

Its amazing and frightening to see real history unfolding before your own eyes. Sickening and amazing all at the same time.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Yea...
I hope Bush and the gang are proud of what they have accomplished.
I think I know what the Iraqie people think of them, and saddly, the rest of us Americans too.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Al CIADIA is nothing compared to isis take extremism to the 100 power. Basicaly its a terror group who united a bunch of groups together. Their view are so extreme that Al Qaeda doesn't want nothing to do with them.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Bottom line…Bush, Cheney and many others in his administration need to be brought up on INTERNATIONAL WAR CRIMES!

Like they did to the Nazis after WWII

The fact that is doesn’t happen to me, is proof that there is an international cabal of western Intelligence and military Industrial capitalist conspiracy going on…in the NWO vain.

For those evildoers, Bush, Cheney and their cohorts to ruin a country and cause the meaningless death of 5000 young people from the US and the near million Iraqis IS A WAR CRIME!

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Yep, the no-fly zones and sanctions enforced during the Clinton years worked just fine. Dubya and company upset the apple cart. Hussein, despite being a dictator, kept his populace under control because they feared him. We tried to impose a western-style democracy in a place that survived thousands of years without.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Thank you you two. Proof that there is at least 2 people with brains and respect for others in the usa. a reply to: Brotherman

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 01:22 PM
link   
In the beginning it perplexed me that people could slit someones throat with a knife on video and show no emotions whatsoever. Then as word start to spread and cnn and bbc was not the only news anymore and the internet grew it dawned on me. Now i understand why those people are able to do it so nonchalantly and without emotion. They were made that way by what was done to them. I still not see them as terrorist just people fighting to save their way of life, their home, their family. Doing that against who i see as terrorist the us and allied troops. a reply to: teamcommander

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Bush was more like the numbskull in bones.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 02:52 PM
link   

And if history is to teach us anything, these groups taking over Iraq are probably US funded.

This would allow the West to re-take the country and can also be used as an excuse to re-invade.

Win win.

edit on 12-6-2014 by gladtobehere because: wording

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

Not that I have any answers but, yeah, it survived but it wasn't pretty

en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 023030p://bThursday2014 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: gladtobehere

And if history is to teach us anything, these groups taking over Iraq are probably US funded.

Re-take the country and can also be used as an excuse to re-invade.

Win win.

well with them supporting terrorist in Syria, yes, that thought crossed my mind, they are destabilizing the whole area, somehow Egypt survived
edit on 023030p://bThursday2014 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

I think there is a viable theory that the West is trying to drum up a credible enemy in these religious nuts run amuck.

They may be behind some of them. I believe they are or were behind the Taliban and Al Qaeda through the notorious ISI of Pakistan. Or we have the most stupid foreign policy creators in history.

Egypt Survived?
I think the pot is still boiling

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 04:14 PM
link   
This thread is somewhat like blaming Serbia for assassinating Archduke Ferdinand, thus leading to the rise of the Nazis in Germany following WW1.

There's a ton of situational happenstance between the Iraq war and what's happening right now. Bottom line, following the troop surge in Iraq, which was a GW Bush construct, the country was stabilizing and progress was certainly being made. Following Obama's dramatic scaledown of the efforts (caused thanks to Joe Biden's mouth), the US troops pulled out of Iraq and threw fistfulls of tax dollars at the secuirty issues expecting money to be the do-all, end-all out strategy America always uses to combat virtually any issue they're confronted with. The war itself was one issue, but warranted or not, the country WAS on the path to stability and self-governance when Bush retired from elected office.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join