It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does America have the Stomach for a New War in Iraq?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Korg Trinity

Does America have the Stomach for another WAR in Iraq? - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

The people will puke all over this except it won't matter.

There is oil production at stake. Fascists are going in to protect revenue regardless of what the citizens want.

Maybe this will be the turning point where people in the US realize the elections are a farce? The bar for deception is so high now that few people have what it takes to pull it off.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 09:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Korg Trinity
I get it you oppose me and everything I say...

That's fine... I have no problem with that there is always one.

I'm opposed to you making outlandish claims without the necessary evidence to believe in them.

Accuse me of spreading fear all you want... I'm not scared and wasn't when I lived through the Bishopsgate bomb by the IRA, watched the twin towers fall and moved away from london a couple of weeks the train I used to get got blown up in the 7/7 bombings...

Then why are you fear mongering?

What I am however is a realist and if you think standing around stating you are not scared will save a single life of your countrymen you are sadly mistaken or simply delusional.

If you were a realist, you'd under that people die, it's a fact of life. Preventing death altogether is a futile effort. I still need you to justify why we should worry about 20 some terrorist attacks a year where most of them are entirely NOT fatal.

I also have worked for the Military as a contractor and some of the people I have spoken with have shown me photos of some of the things that happened in Iraq.... It certainly wasn't all quiet or a stroll in the park!

Korg.

I never said it was a walk in the park. I DID say, however, that it was blown entirely out of proportion by the media. I was there for 6 months and we only got hit by one IED despite driving on the roads every night for hours. No one dyed either (someone was injured though).

You still haven't given me any good rationalizations on why you seem to think that terrorist attacks will escalate to the point of having wmds used against us if we don't help Iraq. If you are a realist like you claim, then you need to provide the evidence that supports your realistic idea of what you think will happen. Until then, you are just fear mongering.
edit on 12-6-2014 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Given that the USA had the stomach for the 2nd installation of the current Destroyer-in-Chief . . . it would appear they can stomach anything without rioting in the streets.

In terms of Iraq . . . if it was cast in the right way with all the globalist propaganda mechanisms in full force . . . they could probably advertise it as

SEND YOUR BRAVEST CHILDREN OFF TO IRAQ TO DIE IN A MEANINGLESS GLOBALIST MANIPULATION--SIGN UP NOW.

and the sheeple would blithely, blindly, unthinkingly, stupified-ly . . . comply.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 09:53 AM
link   

I think a Cosmic Catastrophe is in order. That should keep everyone properly thinned out for quite awhile.

I wouldn't hide underground if i were you.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Does America have the Stomach for another WAR in Iraq?? Can the Global community financially support this action??? And what are the repercussions of not doing something about it??? - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

We have the stomach for it, but ONLY if other world powers are REALLY committing to it also, so it isn't just us carrying the load. We DON'T have the stomach for action requiring more than a few months, however...so the response has to be overwhelming and rapid. Need to totally destroy ISIS' ability to make war.

The global community really has no choice, as it affects world oil prices. The real trick, is HOW to intervene.... Russia has interests with Syria, we have them with Iraq. It's going to be VERY tricky, politically.

Repercussions stated above. The region's stability directly affects oil prices (and natural gas), and there is a lot at stake here....including the lives of people in the region.

Thing is, this HAD to happen. When the US basically fired all the ranking Iraqi officers and prevented them from finding work with the new order, they had no choice but to organize and throw in with others. We created this mess ourselves, it's just fueled by centuries of differences between Shiites and Sunni.....

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 09:56 AM
link   

O.k.

As the news will have filtered through to you all that militants islamic extreamists have captured two cities in iraq including Mosul which is just 80km away from Bagdad.... with more than 500'000 people feeing thier homes...

Korg.

I don't know if anyone else has pointed this out, but Mosul is not 80 km from Baghdad.

The distance between the two cities is actually about 350 km.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 10:03 AM
link   
The Iraq army is full of cowards, it seems. Guess they lose their country.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Gazrok

Unfortunately the rest of the world is pretty well fed up with oil wars and if it were to happen again, politicians would be assassinated left right and centre.

Seriously, do you really think that we'd allow ourselves to be screwed and screw others in our names, again?

I'd rather see our own countries wiped off the map before we commit to yet another such travesty.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 10:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
The Iraq army is full of cowards, it seems. Guess they lose their country.

Yes, 30,000 vs 800 does seem as if the Army should have won. I guess that despite the oceans of US dollars that were dolloped on them their morale must have been bloody awful.

On the other hand the Kurds have just taken Kirkuk in the North. I think that they'll move on Mosul soon.
edit on 12-6-2014 by AngryCymraeg because: Oops, typo.

(post by Korg Trinity removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: cuckooold

O.k.

As the news will have filtered through to you all that militants islamic extreamists have captured two cities in iraq including Mosul which is just 80km away from Bagdad.... with more than 500'000 people feeing thier homes...

Korg.

I don't know if anyone else has pointed this out, but Mosul is not 80 km from Baghdad.

The distance between the two cities is actually about 350 km.

My Mistake.. I was meant to say Tikrit....

Well spotted though

Korg.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 10:27 AM
link   

You know what.... go back a few pages and read the evidence for yourself...

I did read the evidence you provided. I also dissected it as well and showed that we are more at risk of dying from a car accident than from a terrorist attack MUCH greater. So unless you have anything better to add you are wrong.

If you are too stupid to understand that Islamic Extremists taking over Iraq means more terrorist attacks that's not my fault...

Hey now, the ad hominem attacks aren't necessary.

So unless you have anything meaningful to add other than just try and troll your way through the thread I suggest you butt on out!

Korg.

Trying to bring a rational counterpoint to your fear rhetoric is trolling? Wow that's news to me. Well ok then, carry on with your fear mongering. I guess you don't want to deny ignorance and want to pretend like we are under imminent threat of wmd terrorist attacks despite no solid evidence showing that is the case.

(post by Korg Trinity removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 10:39 AM
link   

So you think sending our military in won't create more too? I'm pretty sure that's how they were able to recruit so many in the first place. We can't seem to manage collateral damage enough to not enrage whole villages…which then send their young men to fight to avenge those innocents we killed.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 10:44 AM
link   

I'm stupid because I look at the evidence you provided which shows that terrorism really isn't that big of a threat in the states. I also provide a comparison to terrorism and fatal car crashes showing that we are much more at risk of dying in a car accident than terrorism, then I elude to parallels to your rhetoric and the same rhetoric that Bush used. Then I demand that you provide some credible source that says that at least ONE group of terrorists in the world has the necessary resources and ability to carry out a large scale terrorist attack, which you never do while hand waving away its significance. Yep I can totally see how I am stupid for not blindly believing your rhetoric.

Whatever, enjoy your thread. I see with the insults that you aren't looking for a rational discussion and just want to yell your fears from the rooftops.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 10:54 AM
link   

I do not believe the majority of Americans want to go back to war with Iraq or any other country.

That said, I don't believe we or the global community will need to send troops or finance any military actions in Iraq. The reason being the Al Qaeda fighters are mostly Sunni fighting against a Shiite regime. Iran is a Shiite country closely aligned with the current Shiite Iraq gov't. Sounds to me like Iran will be drawn into this conflict while the world can sit back and monitor the situation.

This may have an impact on oil production in the region and could cause higher prices at the pump.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 10:59 AM
link   

The American populace? No. Im sure we arent. But, Im trying to figure out if this wasnt the plan along since Kuwait....even to the point of "leaving behind" American Military equipment KNOWING sooner or later, it would supply the bad guys.

Its hard to see things through since then, but Im wondering now....if that was the plan all along. Knowing the bad guys will get our old equipment, and we''d have to "go-back" to stop them from using it.

After all. War is good for business. And iis a BIG one............

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Keep the people scared and keep control. Works everywhere. Even in places like the US where the chance is almost nil unless it is allowed to happen.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

I'm stupid because I look at the evidence you provided which shows that terrorism really isn't that big of a threat in the states. I also provide a comparison to terrorism and fatal car crashes showing that we are much more at risk of dying in a car accident than terrorism, then I elude to parallels to your rhetoric and the same rhetoric that Bush used. Then I demand that you provide some credible source that says that at least ONE group of terrorists in the world has the necessary resources and ability to carry out a large scale terrorist attack, which you never do while hand waving away its significance. Yep I can totally see how I am stupid for not blindly believing your rhetoric.

Whatever, enjoy your thread. I see with the insults that you aren't looking for a rational discussion and just want to yell your fears from the rooftops.

No your stupid if you believe an Islamic extremist Iraq... (which is what this thread is about if you had forgotten) would not create more terrorists than is currently....

It was I who said the total number had gone down over the last 20 years but now it appears you are crediting yourself for that...

When the next terrorist attack occurs perhaps you should go to the victims families and tell them "you know that you felt we shouldn't do anything because you know actually terrorism isn't that much of a problem anyway!"

Your stupid if you really think that the rate of terrorist attacks has gone down and it had nothing to do with the hard work and sacrifice of the men and the women that service to protect the people. Which I assure you is every single second of every single day!

Your stupid if you think that we should not put in place a course of action to prevent future event from happening because after all you're not scared or anything....

So go back and reassess what this thread is about before you come riding in on your high horse totally missing the point and attacking something that has absolutely no bearing on the thread itself!

Korg.

edit on 12-6-2014 by Korg Trinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 01:50 PM
link   

No your stupid if you believe an Islamic extremist Iraq... (which is what this thread is about if you had forgotten) would not create more terrorists than is currently....

Maybe in Iraq, but I don't see how that will correlate to more terrorist attacks in the states.

It was I who said the total number had gone down over the last 20 years but now it appears you are crediting yourself for that...

I know you posted the source, I never took credit for it. I'm just pointing out that the evidence you provided doesn't support your account of things.

When the next terrorist attack occurs perhaps you should go to the victims families and tell them "you know that you felt we shouldn't do anything because you know actually terrorism isn't that much of a problem anyway!"

I don't think we need to worry about fatal car accidents either, so should the next time a person dies in a car accident, should I go tell the family members that I felt that we shouldn't do anything because I know actually fatal car accidents aren't that much of a problem anyways?

Your stupid if you really think that the rate of terrorist attacks has gone down and it had nothing to do with the hard work and sacrifice of the men and the women that service to protect the people. Which I assure you is every single second of every single day!

Again with the insults... But seriously, BEFORE 9/11, as I pointed out, we saw something like 60 terrorist attacks a year. Again THIRTY THOUSAND people die every year from car accidents. 60 attacks a year is stupidly low and not worth worrying about. Yes people will die, but I'm not going to agree with you that we need even MORE police state tactics to crack down on these few and far between terrorist attacks. You aren't going to make me fear them again.

Your stupid if you think that we should not put in place a course of action to prevent future event from happening because after all you're not scared or anything....

And what pray tell do you think this course of action should be? Why don't you think that the current policies and procedures in place aren't enough to stop these new terrorist attacks? Is the PATRIOT Act not enough? By the way, for someone who keeps throwing out the stupid card, you should learn the difference between your and you're.

So go back and reassess what this thread is about before you come riding in on your high horse totally missing the point and attacking something that has absolutely no bearing on the thread itself!

Korg.

What that you made an unsubstantiated claim that terrorist attacks will increase in the states because of what is going on in Iraq? They will increase because we fail to help the Iraqi government repel these rebels. Also that these new crop of terrorist attacks will include weapons of mass destruction.

These are all the same lies and rhetoric that Bush jr. used on us in 2003. I believed it then, I won't believe it now. You still need to substantiate that WMD claim. Heck you need to make a connection that the insurgents in Iraq will increase terrorism here in the states. I agree, terrorist attacks will probably increase in Iraq, but we aren't in Iraq are we? Let Iraq handle its own problems for once. Stop insisting we meddle in their affairs. And stop fearing terrorism.

You are just getting mad at me because I won't blindly believe your fear rhetoric. Sorry, I look at the numbers you provided and determined that you are wrong. If you'd care to produce some better numbers, then I'll reassess my position. Until then, you are just peddling fear. We have all the security measures in place to account for any terrorist actions. Heck I want the PATRIOT Act repealed, so I'm going to go ahead and say that we have TOO much security measures in place for terrorist actions.
edit on 12-6-2014 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join