It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does America have the Stomach for a New War in Iraq?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 04:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: criticalhit
a reply to: weirdguy

How can we loose?

Did we?

1: Our govt has chaos in the region, we have a permanent source of "terrorists" to use in order to keep draconian control over the populace...

2: Incensed the "hardcore" extremists have grown massively in numbers assuring these regions will never modernize

3: A collapse of Iraq almost Begs Iran to get involved and give us the excuse to train wreck the last nation in the Islamic world in any condition to stand up to anyone.. or screw with the Petro Dollar

Loose? why? were we fighting to free oppressed people or bring Democracy? Or is our goal to keep the region stone age, hold on to the petro dollar and assure no actual power arises in the region?

Don't get me wrong I do think the war in the region was about oil...

However, you have to be mad to think that they wanted to create extremists on purpose. More I think they knew it was likely but didn't think beyond the tier time in administration.

Korg.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 05:03 AM
link   
a reply to: myselfaswell

That's disturbing graffiti. The problem with all of us is we have been trained so well to be terrified of being seen as anything but politically correct.

We hear anti-gay, anti-christian, anti-men, anti-everything and we can't actually address what they problem is Islam.

I'm not saying the rest of us are perfect and god only knows we don't get along. But surely we can all grow some balls finally and get down to the business of telling it like it is so we can at least start to protect ourselves at home.

link   
The USA can't deal with it's own problems, because there is no money in it. There is no money saving us, only money in fleecing us more, squeezing the turnip til the last drop is gone. That is, as long as we allow the corrupt government, and overly large, obese corporations dictate to the government, how the country should be ran in their favor. So our own problems will never be corrected, it's not good for those running the game.

That aside.

As far as Iraq, either way, it's going to continue to be a waste of lives and resources as long as we keep trying to be nice to those that do not play fair. War cannot be "nice and neat", it's messy and ugly, and atrocious.

I think it a disgrace to have wasted all the lives and resources in Iraq, just to walk away now and let it all go back to hell. It's disrespectful to the memories of all those we lost.

But the solution that will be chosen, will be the solution that garners the most profit for those who have the say-so.

link   

originally posted by: Wrabbit2000
a reply to: MOMof3

We must prepare our own borders, spend our money and be ready for attacks HERE.

I'd say that's a very realistic assessment of our current situation.

Unfortunately, I think it is accurate.

Agreed.

But take heart... I think there is time... it will take some time before the new wave arrives.

The risks are high and the stakes have never been higher.... the sad fact is like throwing # at a wall... some of it will stick.

But don't think the UK will step back from helping you... we are in a similar predicament and will always back up and support our US brothers and sisters in the face of adversity.

Korg.

edit on 12-6-2014 by Korg Trinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 05:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3
a reply to: Korg Trinity

The real terror will begin HERE when the "terrorists" take over and get ahold of those oil fields.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 05:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Logarock

originally posted by: MOMof3

The real terror will begin HERE when the "terrorists" take over and get ahold of those oil fields.

Could it be time to crack open the massive oil field in alaska??

After all there is more oil there than all the oil in 10 iraqs!

United States Sitting On World’s Largest Untapped Oil Reserve!

The untapped reserves are estimated up to 2.3 Trillion barrels, nearly three times the reserves held by the OPEC countries and sufficient to meet 300 years of demand, at today’s levels — for auto, truck, aircraft, heating and industrial fuel, without importing a single barrel of oil.

Peace,

Korg.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 05:08 AM
link   
FYI... Fox was just reporting that the US Embassy in Baghdad may be evacuating soon. That's on the Fox News Channel. I just happen to have it on for a few to see what is being said...and I'm not sure Iraq has a lot of chance.

I just don't know what to say if this really is how it ends.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 05:11 AM
link   
Another thing is the refugees, if they choose to leave their country because of another war and then come to my country to settle down as refugees, i have to say i'm totally against it.

We are spending way more on refugees than on our own native population to try and implement them in to our system, and it's a complete fail.

Way too expensive, we have no room or economy for more and they just don't like the way we live here, i have nothing against them personally but a big part of them has something against us sadly.

No more, we have already done what we could.

"Unfortunately" we can't say no to take in refugees and provide them with all the normal things our own people get, but it takes way too long to individually make them suited for our society and most just end up on welfare when accepted and make their own rules while completely ignoring ours .
edit on 12-6-2014 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 05:11 AM
link   

FYI... Fox was just reporting that the US Embassy in Baghdad may be evacuating soon. That's on the Fox News Channel. I just happen to have it on for a few to see what is being said...and I'm not sure Iraq has a lot of chance.

I just don't know what to say if this really is how it ends.

What I find fascinating is the news is a few days old... it's been reported all over the place... but people were not absorbing it because of how distressful and how awefull it all is.

even here on ATS... there is next to nothing about it... yet it has been at the center of so many conspiracy theories of the years.

A sign that people are in shock perhaps?

Korg.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 05:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mianeye
Another thing is the refugees, if they choose to leave their country because of another war and then come to my country to settle down as refugees, i have to say i'm totally against it.

We are spending way more on refugees than on our own native population to try and implement them in to our system, and it's a complete fail.

Way too expensive, we have no room for more and they just don't like the way we live here, i have nothing against them personally but a big part of them has something against us sadly.

No more, we have already done what we could.

"Unfortunately" we can't say no to take in refugees and provide them with all the normal things our own people get, but it takes way too long to individually make them suited for our society and most just end up on welfare when accepted and make their own rules while completely ignoring ours .

Don't worry about them...

The UK government will take them give them a 5 star house in london with all benefits and they can live off the state for the rest of their lives.... while going to the local mosque and outwardly saying they hate the UK and it's people.

This is normal here.

Korg.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 05:16 AM
link   

a reply to: MOMof3

I'd say that's a very realistic assessment of our current situation.

Unfortunately, I think it is accurate.

I'd disagree

In all reality the whole things rotten to the core... For starters in many ways our wars are barely real, if we actually wanted to "deal with" Iraq or any place else practically we would, we capture people often let them go, bomb buildings but phone in to tell vips to get out, if we wanted anyone "gone" we could do it... so I call bs on our "wars" being anything more than "agendas" not at all "wars" in any classic sense where the goal is simple "eliminate the enemy"

The second end of this, look at what the NSA can do, there are cameras and mics everywhere... stopping terrorism could be done in a month if we wanted to be brutal, no flights no passports from specific locations... zero trade with said nations...

The reality is this is as much about control over us at home as it is anything...

The above line is where it's going... bring back the troops, defend "our borders" we spent a great deal of time training men in urban warfare, set up a police state and now ... when that whole region could be flattened with extreme speed we are as expected to be... war weary and talking of putting these guys in our cities... right as laws go into effect allowing them to be "used"

I call bs... we could stop this crap in hrs... they have detailed information on everyone, we could shut the influx in a matter of days, round up every "Islamic potential" there is

Drones, Ammo buys, surveillance state.... The "problem" from the pov of globalism isn't anywhere but here, a well armed american populace that wont like global rule or the end of the USA, if your a globalist... your not asking how do we get The Islamic world on board, religion has always been the opiate of the masses... all they need is a few Imams to agree to "peace" and those guys will sign on to anything provided "the faith" is kept... No it's here, this is all about here, it's us Onery folk that wont be willing to part with the Logo and banner and they know it... containment of us is the and all and be all i'd guess...

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 05:17 AM
link   

What is a few days old? The fall of Mosul, Tikrit and now Samarra have been breaking events and fluid as they've been ongoing. This is the first I've heard beyond deep rumor of actual United States evacuation of the Embassy in Baghdad.

If that happens, the Untied States will have effectively left Iraq as totally as we left Vietnam in 1975. Game Over, and have a nice life guys....we'll likely never be back if this is how we leave. That's my opinion as I've watching as much as I can to keep up on events over there.

I never actually expected we'd repeat Saigon.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 05:18 AM
link   
The Kurds will take care of the extremists I think.....
at least in their own backyard......
The Sunnis don't really care for them either.....

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 05:19 AM
link   

Yes probably.

These actions in Iraq look as if they have local origins ect but are probably a mask to hide greater interests abroad that have their eyes on that oil.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Same here, no difference, it's just not a good deed anymore, it's a slow takeover from the muslim community.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 05:24 AM
link   

I never actually expected we'd repeat Saigon.

Have you noticed how this Bergdahl situation is strangely similar to Garfield after Vietnam? In some important respects.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 05:24 AM
link   
a reply to: stirling

The Kurds are already moving to take back some of their own territory. You're right. They've fought too hard and much longer than the U.S. was in Iraq to get what they have now.

This came out in the last hour or so..

Iraqi Kurds 'fully control Kirkuk' as army flees

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 05:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Logarock

Well, if that sort of thing starts to happen....if I gambled, I would bet that the US is going to come out of hiding with technology for this sort of attack.

If the World is ready to burn, let's get it over with but on our own soil.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 05:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Korg Trinity

originally posted by: criticalhit
a reply to: weirdguy

How can we loose?

Did we?

1: Our govt has chaos in the region, we have a permanent source of "terrorists" to use in order to keep draconian control over the populace...

2: Incensed the "hardcore" extremists have grown massively in numbers assuring these regions will never modernize

3: A collapse of Iraq almost Begs Iran to get involved and give us the excuse to train wreck the last nation in the Islamic world in any condition to stand up to anyone.. or screw with the Petro Dollar

Loose? why? were we fighting to free oppressed people or bring Democracy? Or is our goal to keep the region stone age, hold on to the petro dollar and assure no actual power arises in the region?

Don't get me wrong I do think the war in the region was about oil...

However, you have to be mad to think that they wanted to create extremists on purpose. More I think they knew it was likely but didn't think beyond the tier time in administration.

Korg.

I often feel... it is part of the game to pretend to be "far less capable and competent" in American politics than these people actually are, while highly plausible they simply thought that short term... A part of me says no...they aren't that stupid in actuality.

You say

"you'd have to be mad"

To that i say, yeah... madmen, very plausible as well... depleted uranium is a good way to genetically screw with a culture you brand "enemy" sure, the gift that keeps on giving... but why stop there? Why not? sure "it's mad" but why not turn the whole region into a festering wound psychologically for generations as well?

The history of the world is in all reality filled with noting much you learn in school but the stories of "madmen"

I have to entertain the possibility that is basically the case right now.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 05:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mianeye

Same here, no difference, it's just not a good deed anymore, it's a slow takeover from the muslim community.

last Saturday I took my kids to the local swimming pool, it was quite late by the time we got there and we only had 45 mins before the pool closed. Kids being kids they stayed right up til the last seconds before I could coax them out.

When we were in the changing rooms which were deserted at that point, the doors swung open and 100 Muslims walked in went straight into their changing rooms and changed into another set of clothes... I mean they were fully clothed when they came out.. and off they went into the pool.

When I asked the receptionist about this she said the pool closed early on a Saturday so the Muslims could bath without the westerners seeing them. when I walked outside I saw a man drawing huge blinds over the windows....

What the feck is going on!!??!!

Suffice to say I won't be taking me children back to that pool... they just lost my business.... but then I thought... this is my country and i'm having to move on over for them!!!

Disgusting!

Korg.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join