It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I want my gun back!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 03:51 AM
link   
So im sure whoever owns weapons have had that one gun they sold or traded that they wish they still had. I am that guy. I remember like it was yesterday. ( wipes tear ) It was an uzi. Some of you are thinking its just an uzi, go to a gun show. But It was special to me. I dont even really know what I had. I remember israel stamped somewhere on the gun. It clearly said military armament on the side. It had a silencer that was threaded at the end, so you could take it off (was really an extended barrel) and a strap type thing on the left side to put your hand Iin and hold while firing. The thing was a fully automatic monster. Could shoot .45 or 9mm. I was only 17 at the time and my uncle talked me into trading for a ruger buckmark .22 pistol. What an idiot right? (On my part) I have a question for my fellow members. Do any of you think I will ever run across another uzi? Ive had old revolvers, rifles of different types and a few more modern pistols but my favorite by far was the uzi. Man I just wish yall knew the feeling. I shouldve kept the gun.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 04:08 AM
link   
SAKO .243 varmit barrel. Still have the scope though.

Never should have sold it.

P

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 04:09 AM
link   
I have never owned a gun (wish I had) but I still feel bad about when I sent my xbox to my cousin

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 04:11 AM
link   
Americans and terrorists are so similar.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 04:12 AM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

You get that gut wrenching feeling when you reminisce huh?

Another you reminded me of.. 17 hmr. Also still have the scope.. Desperate times call for desperate measures right?

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 04:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Jefferton

Na.. im not killing innocent people. Or anybody for that matter. But thanks for giving me a nice chuckle. Haha

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 04:26 AM
link   
a reply to: DarkAngel8

Sounds like a nice firearm?

What did you want to do with it... especially with a silencer? (Sports or self defense?)

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 04:51 AM
link   
38 Super colt commander....tricked out with a four port comp and red dot scope....shot dead on at 100yds....
my cost 3600$ custom built.....
sniffle....
edit on 12-6-2014 by stirling because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 05:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: stirling
38 Super colt commander....tricked out with a four port comp and red dot scope....shot dead on at 100yds....
sniffle....

You guys make us non USA members look like chicken poo???...

Is this the sort of stuff you folks need to kill all of those horrible invading aliens who have suddenly stepped on your personal space and reminded you that there are other people outside of your planet apart from yourselves?...

Come on folks... why need all these high caliber killing machines when a .22 pistol or rifle will do the job?... I am not even going to TRY to ask about discussing with invaders on your property.. bla bla bla... as the same old story from both sides comes up again and again and again...

For shucks sake... we are not living in a perpetual Shwarzy or Stallone film... or however you spell it?

Cricket bat (Or for our US cousins Baseball bat) with rusty nail embedded to the back of the head and if I have to get to the worse... a sawn off 12 guage shotgun (Or Black and Decker drill) to the kneecaps... *coughs*... Irish coming out in me...

Otherwise... just NUT the bugger like we do over here outside of the USA? (Don't hear about many shooting deaths in Europe because some homeowner nutted an invader with a RARE gun... UNLESS of course some people REALLY want to dig in deep and look for old OR RARE stories?)

Failing all of the above suggestions... why not just move to a more peacful neighbourhood?... yea yea... "whinge whinge, whine whine... I cannot afford it, too difficult... and all the other sad stories that go around internet.... (YOU can if you get off your bum and make an effort... EVEN through the most hardest times)

Kindest respects

Rodinus (Proud hunter and respectful gun owner)
edit on 12/6/14 by Rodinus because: Annoyed with certain tits

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 06:18 AM
link   
I dont know about firearms, but i can certainly relate by way of losing a good knife.

You have it in your pocket for years and years then one day you put it down some where. Its a hole in your life and one in your pocket, and a pocket with holes is no good to anyone.

But then you get another one and it might even be better, but its not the old one, years down the line its your new old one... till you put it down some where or it slips from your pocket.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 07:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Biigs
I dont know about firearms, but i can certainly relate by way of losing a good knife.

You have it in your pocket for years and years then one day you put it down some where. Its a hole in your life and one in your pocket, and a pocket with holes is no good to anyone.

But then you get another one and it might even be better, but its not the old one, years down the line its your new old one... till you put it down some where or it slips from your pocket.

I know the feeling... Rod Jr has nicked quite a few of my penknives and I seriously regret having shown them to him...

One day when I am old and wrinkly... should not be too long... he will bring them all out again...

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Sell a gun? Now that is one of the unforgivable sins. You have to pass it down to your kids. You have a kid that you don't really trust with a gun? Give them one that is old and you can't buy ammo for it anymore.
edit on 12-6-2014 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 07:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Rodinus

Ha yup thats how it goes.

When my grandpa died he left few things, but one was all i asked i wanted and that was his pocket knife. It was just a #ty plastic handle cheap one that he got free with some dog food, the blade worm down so much it started to look like a fillet knife - still it was his and he had it on him more than anything else i can think of. I dont use it out of respect and its nice and safe in my bedside draw.

Got a nice new knife recently actually, best steel ive ever seen in my life. Some weird carbon steel, sharp as hell and harder than a rock.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 07:39 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Better the weapon you know.

New guns go wrong, if i was to have my kid shoot, id want it to be one i knew was reliable and clean.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 08:08 AM
link   

You should try killing a boar with a .22. Ill visit you in the hospital. LOL

Hogs have a thick, protective armor on their heads. A .22 will just bounce off, typically. I have seen a .308 ricochet off a hogs head before. If you aren't a noob and can aim straight, the sweet spot is behind the ear. Or right in the ear. Within 200yds its a pretty easy shot with a scope.

I don't live in bear country, but i can imagine a .22 would do a fine job of pissing them off.

Badgers....they do live around here. Nasty critters. I guess you could kill one with a .22 if you shot it about a dozen times.

If i am out in "the bush", i absolutely carry a sidearm. My favorite is my "Judge". I also like my .40 S&W. Both can give a 1 shot kill to any of the local deadly wildlife (cougars, bobcats, coyotes, hogs, etc, etc).

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 08:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rodinus

originally posted by: stirling
sniffle....

You guys make us non USA members look like chicken poo???...

Is this the sort of stuff you folks need to kill all of those horrible invading aliens who have suddenly stepped on your personal space and reminded you that there are other people outside of your planet apart from yourselves?...

Come on folks... why need all these high caliber killing machines when a .22 pistol or rifle will do the job?... I am not even going to TRY to ask about discussing with invaders on your property.. bla bla bla... as the same old story from both sides comes up again and again and again...

For shucks sake... we are not living in a perpetual Shwarzy or Stallone film... or however you spell it?

Cricket bat (Or for our US cousins Baseball bat) with rusty nail embedded to the back of the head and if I have to get to the worse... a sawn off 12 guage shotgun (Or Black and Decker drill) to the kneecaps... *coughs*... Irish coming out in me...

Otherwise... just NUT the bugger like we do over here outside of the USA? (Don't hear about many shooting deaths in Europe because some homeowner nutted an invader with a RARE gun... UNLESS of course some people REALLY want to dig in deep and look for old OR RARE stories?)

Failing all of the above suggestions... why not just move to a more peacful neighbourhood?... yea yea... "whinge whinge, whine whine... I cannot afford it, too difficult... and all the other sad stories that go around internet.... (YOU can if you get off your bum and make an effort... EVEN through the most hardest times)

Kindest respects

Rodinus (Proud hunter and respectful gun owner)

Never saw a .22 take down anything bigger than a rabbit nor would I be cruel enough to try it. so there is your need…not to mention how a human is bigger than a rabbit. Violent criminals also have a pretty good chance of being a drug user (not pot or whatever but coc aine/meth/heroin) some of those drugs tend to reduce the amount of pain and effect a pistol round has on them…I don't want to shoot a guy only for him to beat me to death with the damn thing after I shot him. It's possible in your country it's not so needed but here in the US where the base line is gun not knife or brick or bat. Why set myself up for failure?

ETA: also outside of the US it is a pretty violent world still. Maybe not as much in the EU countries but eastern bloc areas or Africa hell look at South America they still have gorilla armies and cartels as well as regular criminals and gangsters. So just because you live in a disarmed society doesn't mean the rest of the world is…

I have missed a few guns but when I do I go out and buy something nicer to ease the suffering lol.
edit on 12-6-2014 by RickyD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: DarkAngel8

I am curious as to what Uzi shoots 9/.45 as that's a huge difference in barrel and mag size…I do know Uzis made by Israel are highly sought after. I generally see them at every gun show here in Orlando as well as a few local shops having one or two. Generally they run about 999.00$ to 1,999.00$ depending on what options they have and smith work as well as it's type and rarity. I also wanna know what a 17yo. was doing with...

a fully automatic monster.

Do you live in the US?

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 08:48 AM
link   
I have a few, i wish I hadnt sold, .17 hmr very sweet gun and fast bullet., .338 lapua, AK-47 just need the money to buy it back from my mother in law, luckily i still have an arsenal of weapons that i just wont sell.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 08:48 AM
link   
I used to have a M1 Garand. I practiced with it endlessly and was very proficient with it. It was a great firearm. When my wife and I were first together the economy took a downturn. We were both out of work and the rent was due. I did what I had to in order keep us housed.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 09:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

You should try killing a boar with a .22. Ill visit you in the hospital. LOL

Hogs have a thick, protective armor on their heads. A .22 will just bounce off, typically. I have seen a .308 ricochet off a hogs head before. If you aren't a noob and can aim straight, the sweet spot is behind the ear. Or right in the ear. Within 200yds its a pretty easy shot with a scope.

I don't live in bear country, but i can imagine a .22 would do a fine job of pissing them off.

Badgers....they do live around here. Nasty critters. I guess you could kill one with a .22 if you shot it about a dozen times.

If i am out in "the bush", i absolutely carry a sidearm. My favorite is my "Judge". I also like my .40 S&W. Both can give a 1 shot kill to any of the local deadly wildlife (cougars, bobcats, coyotes, hogs, etc, etc).

Hiya BF...

Funnily enough, I have actually finished off a couple of injured raging boars (or should I saw... put them out of their misery with a hunting knife...)... didn't feel so proud afterwards though... especially as I was not the person who originally fired the injuring shot.

I know very well tht a .22 bullet will not kill a boar unless pointed at point blank range... however... who is going to use an Uzi with a silencer to go boar hunting?

Christ... those badgers must have thick hides or you are a crap shot??? *grin grin*

Personally for boar hunting I use a semi auto French Verney Carron Diamont impact with red dot sight .270 : this one here :

www.verney-carron.com...

Or an old 12 bore Browning with Brenneck slugs which knowks them out at up to 1 km.

Kindest respects

Rodinus

edit on 12/6/14 by Rodinus because: Word added

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join