It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Winner: "None of the Above" - NV Dem Primary for Gov.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 12:02 AM
link   
1st Place: "None of the Above" ... 29.96% of the vote.

2nd Place: Robert Goodman ....... 24.90% of the vote.

An upset last night in the Democrat primary for governor of Nevada was almost as stunning as the Brat win in VA-7.
. . .
Senator Harry Reid, who runs the Democrat party in Nevada with an iron fist, told reporters earlier this year, that the candidate to run against the popular Republican Governor Brian Sandoval, would be "a respectable Democrat and someone that people know."

'None of the Above' Wins Dem Primary for Governor in Nevada

-
OBSERVATION: Who's "Robert Goodman" ???

( Oh yeah, "a retired state economic development commissioner" )

-
DISCLOSURE: I need to ... STOP LAUGHING !!!

( cough, cough ... I've got to catch my breath )

-
OPINION: Nevada has a ... "UNIQUE" Sense-o-Humor !!!

edit on 12-6-2014 by FarleyWayne because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 12:15 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Ack ... choked on my beer laughing at that ..
Its about time people started voting none of the above .. be even more funny if it was during national elections ..

They should leave the office empty since none of the above won ..
edit on 12/6/14 by Expat888 because: correcting.. cleaning up beer forgot to add last bit ..

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 01:00 AM
link   
a reply to: FarleyWayne

Senator Harry Reid, who runs the Democrat party in Nevada with an iron fist, told reporters earlier this year, that the candidate to run against the popular Republican Governor Brian Sandoval, would be "a respectable Democrat and someone that people know."

Then...

1st Place: "None of the Above" ... 29.96% of the vote.

Looks like 'ol Harry got one right for once !!

Democrats in Nevada are pretty fed up and have Had IT

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 01:08 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

God I hope the rest of the elections this year have the same outcome, that would be sweeet!!!

What a message that would send to DC...LOL

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 01:16 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

HA! Wonder if good old Harry is having to give back some bribe money....

People are fed up...across the board. I think there will be a run on adult depends come November. DC better stock up on them now.

Here's a new campaign button for all the incumbents...

Des

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 01:21 AM
link   

We need this on the ballot in Canada for ALL elections!

This result from Nevada shows the increasing apathy and disdain for all of our career politicians. When you start seeing 30% saying "None of the above" in a vote, you'd think our retarded "leaders" would give their heads a shake and realize the system is skewed, seriously broken and fix it. But I bet they don't.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 01:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Destinyone

This was a "democrat" primary? What does the result mean? NO DEMOCRAT RUNNING FOR GOVERNOR?

Be still my beating heart - I'm starting to have some hope for our country - NOT that whatever republican shill they put in would be better.

I can't get too excited.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 01:31 AM
link   
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

One would think a vote like this...none of the above, would shake a few career politicians heads up.

But knowing Harry, all he'll do is throw more money at it. It's the only way they know. Buy votes when they can't get them on their records.

When the Cantor vote was being tallied, he was no where around, couldn't be found by his campaign people, for them to tell him things were not looking so good. He was already out with donors pre-celebrating his big win. That's how sure he was he was going to win. I loved seeing that butt hurt look on his face when he found out he'd lost.

I want to see that same look on every good old boy, look out for each other only, career politician.

It's time we the people, take back our Country. Both parties need to clean house.

Des

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 01:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Destinyone

One would think a vote like this...none of the above, would shake a few career politicians heads up.

But knowing Harry, all he'll do is throw more money at it. It's the only way they know. Buy votes when they can't get them on their records.

I wouldn't put it past them to remove the option altogether

Well, at least in Reid's case any way
He'll have plenty of time to figure it out by 2016

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 01:46 AM
link   
a reply to: snarky412

He's old...l have a Harry voodoo doll...

Des

edit on 12-6-2014 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 01:46 AM
link   
When Democrats and Republicans win, America loses!! We need independents on all ballots state and national. The two party scam has ruined America and bankrupted the citizens.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Love it!!

The downside is that they gave the election to the 2d place guy anyway. I wonder how that guy feels in his heart. Geez ... if it were me, I don't think I could accept the nomination ... even in bad faith.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 02:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Destinyone

Des

LMAO.....if he ends up in the hospital in the next few days, I'll know something!!

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 02:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: groingrinder
When Democrats and Republicans win, America loses!! We need independents on all ballots state and national. The two party scam has ruined America and bankrupted the citizens.

I'm an Independent [as is my brother] -- it gives me the freedom to choose whom I like without having to stick to one party in particular
[not to mention fun to pick on BOTH sides. LOL]

Anyhow, just found out a month ago that one of my sister's is registered as a Dem--blew my mind due to the fact that she's always bitching about them
Well, since she bought new property and will be moving into another county, she was moaning about having to register there and I told her to go as an Independent--nothing is etched in stone and no one says you have to stay with the same party forever

I said it's kinda like with vehicles...
Just because you normally drive Chevy's does not mean you can't try out a Ford or Dodge
You don't like it, trade it in for another model

Well, same goes with politicians
If you don't like them, vote them out and try someone else

By the time we got off the phone, I think I gave her something to think about

Now my oldest sister, she's a lost cause....hard core leftist which means you DO NOT talk politics around her, she gets to
wrapped up in it and gets carried away in the crazy maddening way *yikes*

Wish they would do away with the 2 party system personally
It's used to keep us divided

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 02:20 AM
link   

I think any ballot paper which does not include an option for "none of the above" is not a proper ballot paper. Well done to everyone who voted for the only logical choice on the sheet!

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 02:25 AM
link   
Well, Governor Above will certainly be like None other!

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 02:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Destinyone

Des

Make sure you use *Steel* pins.

Then spray lightly with water.

When the pins rust, it's more effective.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 04:26 AM
link   
I guess Harry didn't get enough dead people to vote.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 04:29 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Even the dead are abandoning him.

(tries not to laugh...too hard)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join