It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The liberal machine runs on emotion. But what is the solution?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 07:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: eloheim
Have you ever heard a hardcore sports team fanatic talk about their club?

Good analogy. Its the identification that brings much joy but also much divisiveness.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 09:18 AM
link   
a reply to: BrianFlanders

Why are you trying to make it a liberal vs your ideology thread?

You have yet to even define what liberal means to you.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: jrod

Why are you trying to make it a liberal vs your ideology thread?

You have yet to even define what liberal means to you.

Because this is the ideology subsection and my ideology matters to me. Feel free to make a thread about your ideology. This thread was mostly intended for everyone who isn't a liberal. Liberals have no shortage of people speaking for them. It's hard to find a counterculture movement that is not liberal at it's core unless you're satisfied with the Tea Party.

Liberalism has become the dominant ideology and philosophy of American culture. This is completely obvious. For example, the vast majority of American media is liberal propaganda. Fox News stands out for a reason. For all of it's flaws, it's pretty much the only thing in sight that isn't blatantly liberal.

I don't remember saying this thread was going to be about anything other than my ideology. That's why I chose this area to post it.

I concluded my initial post with a simple point and a simple question. It was simply to say to anyone who isn't a liberal that this is the primary tactic that they use. I didn't say the right doesn't try to use it. I said when the right tries to use it, it usually doesn't work nearly as well as it does for the left.

So my question was simply "what would be a more effective strategy against this tactic?"

I was not trying to be fair to liberals. The use of this tactic to start with is not playing nice. I was looking for anything (that's legal) that would lessen the effectiveness of this tactic when your opponent tries to use it. I'm not even going to argue whether or not the left uses it (to great effect) because they obviously do. If you can look at Sandy Hook or any of these other mass shootings and honestly say the left did not use this exact tactic to cause their constituency to be open to anything they might suggest as a solution, I just don't know what to tell you.

The purpose of this thread was to say that I am tired of arguing with liberals who hide behind victims while they push their agenda. We (that is those of us who do not like that agenda) need a way to counter this. It was not meant to be a debate.

edit on 13-6-2014 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 12:28 PM
link   

So what is your definition of liberal?

The term is thrown around so much, it is difficult to understand what you mean by liberal.

Simple question....

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 01:18 PM
link   

i listed 7 examples of conservatives using fear as a motive force against liberals.

please show me counter examples, or admit you have no standing.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: stormson

i listed 7 examples of conservatives using fear as a motive force against liberals.

please show me counter examples, or admit you have no standing.

Once again, it's not a debate. I honestly don't care what you think. You're obviously a liberal who doesn't like the truth.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Thanks, I needed a good laugh.

So anyone who does not agree with your worldly views is a liberal because liberals can not possibly know the truth or be right about anything, especially climate change.....

Why not just call them libtards, it is kind of catchy. I think Rush loves that word.

Again, can you define what a liberal means to you?
edit on 13-6-2014 by jrod because: sorry for the rant....i am genuinely confused by your thread

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower

You see what I mean? It's very difficult to argue with someone who's hiding behind a real victim.

So you admit that that you cant' argue when they put a 'real' victim in front of you? Which means that you just stated the guy who might lose his gun rights, isn't actually a victim at all?

Seems like you are self defeating your own argument by saying that Liberals are just better at arguing their point in general because they use 'real' examples as opposed to hyperbole.

But why do those gun owners want to own those weapons? Usually it's a fear of crime and being raided.

Perhaps they are a store owner who is fed up of constantly being raided time and time again .. they've tried putting up warning signs, installing CCTV cameras, a burglar alarm system, bulletproof glass checkout counters, campaigned for more regular police patrols, but the hoodlums just get used to the police shift patterns and always wait until dark. The store owner has had difficulty recruiting staff who see themselves as sitting ducks and one employee has already been off for months after being injured.

Or maybe they are single mothers with children who live in constant fear of home invasions from crackhouse addicts looking for money. Neighbors have already been raided and tied up. It's only a matter of time before something worse happens. It takes the police 45 minutes to get out to their house. The only thing they have for security is a CCTV systems, a large dog, and a rifle.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: stormcell

But why do those gun owners want to own those weapons? Usually it's a fear of crime and being raided.

Ownership of a weapon by a peaceful, civilized individual is not an abusive political agenda aimed at destroying other people's rights, now is it? To take just about any weapon (including an AR-15) and put it in a gun cabinet in your living room and shoot paper targets on Sunday is not harmful to anyone and is not infringing upon other people's rights.

What I am talking about is people who use emotion (fear, sadness, anger or whatever) in an abusive way. The reason I started talking about guns in this thread is that this is a prime example of the left abusing the emotions stirred up my tragic shootings in order to push an antigun agenda. This is a lot more than just wanting to own a firearm to protect your home. Even if you don't really need it, you're not hurting anyone. The vast majority of people who own guns are not hurting anyone. The agenda that the left would love to push would simply erase this right. They will continue to hide behind victims of violent crime in order to push an agenda against people who haven't done anything wrong. Because you need an excuse to make laws against innocent people.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

Oh no, the guy who loses his gun rights is a victim as is everyone else whose rights will also then be oppressed, but the oppression of rights is an abstract concept that most people don't feel as keenly as they will empathize with some mother who just lost her child.

My husband's company has a branch in the Sandy Hook area, and one of the employees lost their kid in that massacre. My husband had never heard of that person before that day, and it still impacted him so deeply that he left work to get our son and spend the rest of the day with him after receiving that email.

Losing our right to self-defense doesn't do that to you, but that doesn't make you any less a victim if you lose that right.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Right because Conservatives don't use fear, anger and sorrow to energize their base? - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Well

But the liberal machine wins hands down.

See them evil bankers,evil corporations,evil monstantos, evil kochs,evil bushs,evil big pharma, them evil guns,evil mic, and the list goes on.

And the latest fear mongering 'climate change'.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

I disagree.

No one is better at getting people to vote against their interest than Fox News.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Right because Conservatives don't use fear, anger and sorrow to energize their base? - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Well

But the liberal machine wins hands down.

See them evil bankers,evil corporations,evil monstantos, evil kochs,evil bushs,evil big pharma, them evil guns,evil mic, and the list goes on.

And the latest fear mongering 'climate change'.

all backed by facts.

unlike:
we lost our country.
we have to take our country back.
they are gonna take all our guns.
gay marriage devolves society and will turn your kids gay.
vote for a dem and we will have another 9/11.
etc.

none of the above have any facts to back them up.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 06:29 PM
link   

I disagree.

No one is better at getting people to vote against their interest than Fox News.

What the hell did that have to do with what was said?

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 06:31 PM
link   
You really don't think conservatives use emotion? Now I do admit the left uses emotion too but you can't possibly think it's not used by the right?

Just like at any thread with the right using names like Welfare Queens and lazy unemployed people.

While the left may play on sympathy the right seems to play upon people's sense of hatred, greed and revenge.

Those are emotions too - negative ones but still powerful.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 06:32 PM
link   

I disagree that the liberal machine wins hands down.

No one is better than the conservative machine in getting their followers to continually vote against their interest. Fox News is part of that machine.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: stormson

What is 'backed by facts' ?

We did lose our country.

It is not longer about 'Ask not what you can do for your country, but what can our country give us'.

Second amendment rights in this country are a shell of it's former existence- see 70+ years of gun control.

And demonizing a thing, and making up terms like 'Gun violence', and 'assault weapons'.

Who gives a snip about gay marriage eh ?

Considering what is going on in Iraq right now there is a HIGH probability we will.

All the above is backed up by ample facts.

Hell even the greatest threat we face today is 'climate change'.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 06:34 PM
link   

I disagree that the liberal machine wins hands down.

No one is better than the conservative machine in getting their followers to continually vote against their interest. Fox News is part of that machine.

Wrong yet again

IF that was the case we would have a different potus.

So.........

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 06:44 PM
link   

The POTUS is nothing but a cheerleader.

I am not wrong because you say so. That is not how the truth comes out.
edit on 13-6-2014 by jrod because: 1243

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 06:45 PM
link   

McCain said we will be in Iraq for 100 years.

The POTUS is nothing but a cheerleader.

So what ?

We are still in Korea,Japan, and Germany.

new topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join