The liberal machine runs on emotion. But what is the solution?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Semicollegiate

Climate change is not propaganda. 400ppm CO2 levels and rising from human activity is a FACT. CO2 plays a vital role in this planet's climate, also a FACT. No emotion in science and verified facts, the 'conservative' poster using the sky is falling angle is trying to use emotion to discredit my posts.

This is why so many reject conservatives. Several self proclaimed conservatives have already tried to use strawman arguments to reject the good science facts I have presented in this thread. As long as conservatives keep doing this, anyone who respects science will distance themselves from them.

Deforestation and desertification is real and largely caused by human activity. No need to post sources, check out google earth, it will be a waste of my time. Everyone reading this post is capable of verifying the information themselves. It is pointless because the conservative side will just ignore any of it, all this information is presented in "The Cosmos".

Again, there is no emotion is science and facts and again I ask, why conservatives must reject science?
edit on 21-6-2014 by jrod because: blah

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: jrod

Plants consume CO2.

Warming increases plant growth.

If sea levels become a problem for whatever reason

Building sea walls would create jobs, and tidal hydraulics for power generation would be readily available.

Or people could live on the sea instead of the land.

Seasteading

Climate change will happen; the Vikings farmed in Greenland for hundreds of years, followed by the little ice age that ended about 1900, that the Earth has just recently come out of.

Unnecessary change risks the suffering of unnecessary consequences.

Regardless of the truth or propaganda about climate change, the ability of governance to solve any problem is begging the question.

Modern Liberalism is the tyranny of ignorance.

Living by example is the only true way to motivate and educate.

edit on 21-6-2014 by Semicollegiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Both self proclaimed liberals and conservatives suffer from ignorance. Currently the liberal side refuses to hear about the IRS missing email scandal because the right is pushing the issue. Maybe not so much on this forum, on other forums it is apparent that the left so far is just brushing this scandal off as a witch hunt by the 'wacky' right.

I have lived off the grid on sailboats with solar power for about 3 years. My footprint is smaller than most.

We can change our path, especially in regards to the CO2 problems.

The Earth is becoming less habitable as a result of the growth of our civilization. We are clever species, we can do better.

To put the blinders on and pretend everything will be okay and no action needs to be taken is no way to live.
edit on 21-6-2014 by jrod because: sweeping up straw

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 11:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: jrod

Both self proclaimed liberals and conservatives suffer from ignorance. Currently the liberal side refuses to hear about the IRS missing email scandal because the right is pushing the issue. Maybe not so much on this forum, on other forums it is apparent that the left so far is just brushing this scandal off as a witch hunt by the 'wacky' right.

I have lived off the grid on sailboats with solar power for about 3 years. My footprint is smaller than most.

We can change our path, especially in regards to the CO2 problems.

The Earth is becoming less habitable as a result of the growth of our civilization. We are clever species, we can do better.

To put the blinders on and pretend everything will be okay and no action needs to be taken is no way to live.

I am looking for a 30 to 34 foot sailboat and I also have a solar system and use very little energy with my 50 MPG GEO Metro and my 125MPG duel sport bike.

We get free heat in the winter with a passive solar greenhouse on the south side.

Law could be written to give tax breaks to folks that do the same...

Not force people to comply as the left would want.

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 11:59 PM
link   
a reply to: waltwillis

It seems like the law forces those with land to be part of the grid. I have friends who instal solar on houses in Florida, FPL and friends makes it difficult to be able to sell the excess power back to the grid. All over the globe there are taxes being levied on rainfall and restrictions on collecting water for personal use.

That is an agenda...not sure if I would call it liberal.
edit on 22-6-2014 by jrod because: 321

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: jrod
a reply to: waltwillis

It seems like the law forces those with land to be part of the grid. I have friends who instal solar on houses in Florida, FPL and friends makes it difficult to be able to sell the excess power back to the grid. All over the globe there are taxes being levied on rainfall and restrictions on collecting water for personal use.

That is an agenda...not sure if I would call it liberal.

Liberals take liberties with your rights and freedoms as well as with the constitution its self.

An example would be the English language use of the term "assault weapon".

I know that an assault weapon is by definition a sub caliber select fire weapon capable of delivering suppressive fire on an enemy position to enable the opposition force to maneuver.

Now many left headed folks think what ever the left mass media tells them to think about the assault weapon.

They are wrong!

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: EC666
What a horrible thread.

Conservative = conserving the status quo

Liberal = liberate people

Everything from civil rights, women's rights, fighting against wars, racism, sexism, slavery, child exploitation and fighting for shorter work hours and worker rights WAS FOUGHT FOR BY LIBERALS. All the major revolutions opposing monarchs, dictators and imperialists was done by liberals. Feudalism was ended by liberals, as well as slavery, theocracy, and monarchy. And capitalism will be next. That's what liberalism is; fighting for the 99 percent.

And do not mistake "American liberalism" for "liberalism". The left wingers or democrats in the US are sponsered by the same banks and mega-corporations as the right wingers and Republicans. There is no liberal movement in the US or anywhere in the world with any power at all.

Obama is not liberal.

Democrats are not liberal.

Only 90 years of American brainwashing has dimwits beliving this.

All political parties are right wing, pro capialist, big business parties.

The fact that the US does nothing but pervert words (neo-liberalism, libterarian etc all euphenisms for big business, deregulatory capitalism) only confuses the dimwits further.

Classic liberalism/neoliberalism are right wing.

Libertarianism is right wing.

Conservatism is right wing.

Republicanism is right wing.

New labour is right wing in camo.

Social democrats are increasingly right wing.

You are mistaken about what liberalism actually is.

Libertarianism is rebranded classical liberalism.

What you call 'liberals' in the United States are actually right leaning social-democrats.

I think 'progressive' is a much more accurate term.

I dunno how you've come to call progressive liberals.

Liberalism is pro private property, pro money, pro right of inheritance, pro money, pro capitalism, pro wealthied interests.

Either explicitly or by direct implication.
edit on C1141f31America/ChicagoMonday by Chiftel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 09:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chiftel

I dunno how you've come to call progressive liberals.

Liberalism is pro private property, pro money, pro right of inheritance, pro money, pro capitalism, pro wealthied interests.

Not in the United States they're not. Maybe if you get into the money end of things and the actual politicians but the people who vote for the left in the US are not for any of these things and they fight tooth and nail with anyone who disagrees with them every day online.

And these same people turn up from other countries, too. Canada and the UK especially. I don't know what they call themselves but it's exactly the same ideology beneath the label.
edit on 8-7-2014 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 08:02 AM
link   
a reply to: BrianFlanders

You are so wrong. First, you have no idea what a liberal and what a conservative is. I know this because no one knows what these terms exactly mean. What you think you know is only that which one political party has told you to believe about the other party. Both sides run on emotion but conservatives are much more susceptible to high emotion through
manipulation using fear. You are told what to fear and you believe it. You are told who the enemy is by your cult and you attack. You see thing in black and white, checking details of issues from both sides is a waste of time. There is no time
you must act now or all will be lost. The ideas you have cannot be challenged or you will be considered weak.
Your conservative mind worked well when we were a primitive race. Quick decision, black and white, friend or foe, act. But the conservative mind is poorly suited for political ideas. It is too easily manipulated.
edit on 20-7-2014 by fripw because: added stuff

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 01:49 PM
link   

computer is locking up

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join