It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The liberal machine runs on emotion. But what is the solution?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: waltwillis

CO2 is at 400ppm and the tend is rising. This is a fact.

The conservative side refuses to address this. CO2 plays a vital role in the Earth's climate.

There is no debate as to why the CO2 levels are rising.

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: BrianFlanders

Yep, Liberals base everything on emotion and nothing on logic whatsoever.
It's all about the moment.

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Liberals only use emotion....

There is no emotion in the 400ppm and rising CO2 levels. There is no debating the source of the extra CO2....no emotion in science.

I will say the far right in the US rejects science when it does not suit their ideals or agenda and use pseudoscience to fulfill their agenda.

edit on 20-6-2014 by jrod because: 1234

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 07:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: waltwillis

originally posted by: amazing

originally posted by: Bluesma

Then you are not reading what people are answering to you. They are disagreeing with your premise on which your question is based.

I do not think liberals use any more emotion-provoking tactics than do conservatives (and I disagree with your view on America as being a liberal, or left wing dominated society- but then I am outside the US most of the time and for most other countries, our left wing is still right wing).

My answer to the question you asked was- respond exactly the same way you would to a conservative using those same tactics. With emotional balance.

If you ask "Dogs are donuts. My question is - how do you eat a dog?"

And people answer, "Dogs are NOT donuts!" It doesn't mean they didn't answer your question because they can't read.

Liberals are weak minded fools that have no clue as to how the real world works!

EX: www.liveleak.com...

They believe that this would never happen to their country...

Yeah, but you could say the exact same thing about conservatives. Someone that drinks beer everynight and can't wait to tune in to Duck Dynasty? Those people have a clue as to how the real world works? Yeah...not really.

YES!
I agree that many are much the same, but if you compare the percentages demographically you may be able to discern a major difference between the two groups.

Analysis was not your strong subject in school?

There is still time to listen and learn if you apply your thinking to the facts.

I wish you well and hope you are able to keep an open mind about what is being presented here on the forum.

That is analysis. That is truth. What I said. You don't see it?

The conservative right watches duck dynasty, drinks beer, owns lots of guns, hates gay people, does not care for minorities, loves fast food and BBQ, thinks Obama is the antichrist, and doesn't really understand how real life works.

But that analysis comes from my 40 or so conservative facebook family and old high school friends. Oh and they all hate liberals of course.

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 10:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: jrod

There is no emotion in the 400ppm and rising CO2 levels. There is no debating the source of the extra CO2....no emotion in science.

Scientists aren't human?

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 12:08 AM
link   

The conservative side refuses to address this. CO2 plays a vital role in the Earth's climate.

If there is no debate then why do you keep running your mouth about how the sky is falling?
Turn on you TV and listen to all the BS coming from the left...The smart people know it is all BS and are just reacting to the bull.

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 12:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluesma

Then you are not reading what people are answering to you. They are disagreeing with your premise on which your question is based.

I do not think liberals use any more emotion-provoking tactics than do conservatives (and I disagree with your view on America as being a liberal, or left wing dominated society- but then I am outside the US most of the time and for most other countries, our left wing is still right wing).

My answer to the question you asked was- respond exactly the same way you would to a conservative using those same tactics. With emotional balance.

If you ask "Dogs are donuts. My question is - how do you eat a dog?"

And people answer, "Dogs are NOT donuts!" It doesn't mean they didn't answer your question because they can't read.

Liberals are weak minded fools that have no clue as to how the real world works!

EX: www.liveleak.com...

They believe that this would never happen to their country...

Yeah, but you could say the exact same thing about conservatives. Someone that drinks beer everynight and can't wait to tune in to Duck Dynasty? Those people have a clue as to how the real world works? Yeah...not really.

YES!
I agree that many are much the same, but if you compare the percentages demographically you may be able to discern a major difference between the two groups.

Analysis was not your strong subject in school?

There is still time to listen and learn if you apply your thinking to the facts.

I wish you well and hope you are able to keep an open mind about what is being presented here on the forum.

That is analysis. That is truth. What I said. You don't see it?

The conservative right watches duck dynasty, drinks beer, owns lots of guns, hates gay people, does not care for minorities, loves fast food and BBQ, thinks Obama is the antichrist, and doesn't really understand how real life works.

But that analysis comes from my 40 or so conservative facebook family and old high school friends. Oh and they all hate liberals of course.

Don't anybody move...I've been robed...I don't drink beer and never got to see a duck dynasty either!

I do know how real life works...It runs in cycles...hot/cold light/dark and so on.

Did humans also cause the ice age or the hot weather before that...GROW-UP and get a life!

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 12:34 AM
link   

The sky is falling is a silly argument. This is no chicken little BS.

400 ppm and rising as a direct result of human activity. We continue to cut down forests and we continue to pump CO2 in the air. This can be controlled. We are at great risk for a runaway effect. 400ppm and rising with CO2 sinks being destroyed every day.

Welcome to reality.

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Science is not a human.

Do you disagree on the common consensus as to the source of the extra CO2 in the atmosphere?

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Remember little Dumb Dumb?

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Science is not a human.

But scientists are.

Do you disagree on the common consensus as to the source of the extra CO2 in the atmosphere?

I do not trust any "consensus" that comes from a bunch of strangers who are supposed to just be trusted because they have a degree. The hell with that. It's an intuitive thing. I will not pretend I'm smart enough to argue with scientists. That doesn't mean I have to trust people I know nothing about. I don't trust anyone I don't know and I only trust a few of the people I do know. Because I know how human beings are and most of them are not to be trusted.

And I certainly don't trust the people who are obviously behind the environmentalist movement. I know what I smell when those people open their mouths.

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 04:26 AM
link   

That was a lot of words to not answer the question. The source of extra CO2 is human industrialization. 280 to 400ppm is a significant change.

Human induced climate change is a real phenomenon, desertification and deforestation happen as a result of human activity. Those who can not accept this reality need to stay out of science debates and go back to school.

Why so many self proclaimed conservatives reject this reality is beyond me.

edit on 21-6-2014 by jrod because: 1

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 04:33 AM
link   

If there is no debate then why do you keep running your mouth about how the sky is falling?
Turn on you TV and listen to all the BS coming from the left...The smart people know it is all BS and are just reacting to the bull.

Because other people keep saying that it's bullcrap and it's important to say that they're wrong. When something has a 97% scientific consensus behind it, the debate is over. Scientifically illiterate people at Faux News claiming that the 3% are still relevant is typical of their own brand of stupidity.
By the way, here's a note to the OP. I'm a Liberal and my objection to the Iraq War wasn't based on emotion. It was based on my knowledge of the area and the fact that I knew that it was a bloody stupid idea.

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 05:11 AM
link   

so what?

is the earth gonna blow up or something, next friday?

you believe it's "settled science", right?

i don't believe in AGW or that higher levels of CO2 is a bad thing.

but the lib climate doomers are deafening.

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 05:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg
I'm a Liberal and my objection to the Iraq War wasn't based on emotion.

Oh, obviously.

edit on 21-6-2014 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 05:19 AM
link   

That was a lot of words to not answer the question.

OK. That does it. Enjoy the echo.

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 05:34 AM
link   
a reply to: tsingtao

Keep living in the dark.

CO2 levels are rising as a direct result of human activity. We can do something about this.

I ask the conservatives, why must you reject good science?

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 06:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: BrianFlanders

Oh, obviously.

Very classy. I make a point and you attack my username.

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 09:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: BrianFlanders

Oh, obviously.

Very classy. I make a point and you attack my username.

Classier still would be the fact that you didn't read enough of my posts to know I was against the Iraq war myself. At the time, I was proud to call myself a liberal. But I always had some unfortunate differences with other liberals. Namely, I never liked the gun control thing and if I thought a liberal president was wrong, I wouldn't cover his ass just because he was wearing the right color.

So, when Obama was "elected" I was fine with him for a while. I figured he probably would do some stuff I didn't agree with but I didn't expect it to be that bad. I despised Bush, after all and I was exhausted after 8 years of wondering what horror the next day would bring.

So I ignored most of the crap that was going on in the early days of the Obama presidency. I didn't know anything about the individual mandate until just before they rammed it through. Of course, being the type of person who leans more towards individuality, I thought it was completely bat# insane to force people to buy insurance.

I thought liberals were better people than to just go along with something this oppressive just because it came from the left so I expressed my opposition to it calmly and clearly. Boy did I get a wakeup call! And from that point on, I came to know liberals a lot better than I ever wanted to.

They say you don't really know someone until you have a disagreement with them (or maybe I just made that up. I don't know) But it was definitely true in this case. There were some people I thought I knew better than I did.

Anyway, enjoy your liberal status. Just hope you never decide to think for yourself on anything big and you'll never have to find out what a bunch of sheeple those people are. And now I'm a political orphan. I'm not a liberal, I'm not a conservative and I'm not 100% libertarian. I don't really belong anywhere. But the people who still to this day attack me more than anyone else are blatant liberals. Oh, they hate Republicans for sure but I think they hate libertarians even more.
edit on 21-6-2014 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 10:18 AM
link   

That was a lot of words to not answer the question. The source of extra CO2 is human industrialization. 280 to 400ppm is a significant change.

Maybe 280 was abnormally low. Maybe 400 is has a lot of rounding up "errors" and the real number is lower. Maybe the planet needs to cycle through high CO2 levels from time to time.

All of your emotion about climate change is directed toward increasing governmental power. The obvious motives by the powers that be to transfer more power to the powers that be are completely ignored by the liberals.

Human induced climate change is a real phenomenon,

Not proven. Climate change will happen; the Vikings farmed in Greenland for hundreds of years, followed by the little ice age that ended about 1900, that the Earth has just recently come out of.

desertification and deforestation happen as a result of human activity.
Not all desertification and deforestation are caused by humans. Technology will solve those problems someday anyway.

Those who can not accept this reality need to stay out of science debates and go back to school.

Why so many self proclaimed conservatives reject this reality is beyond me.

Unnecessary change risks the suffering of unnecessary consequences.

Regardless of the truth or propaganda about climate change, the ability of governance to solve any problem is begging the question.

new topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join