Off the top of my head ... this is what I'd do first ...
For the world -
- Put a whole lot of money into autoimmune research. Heck .. also into neurological research and cancer research and all the other medical researches
- Give a HUGE check to St. Jude's Children's Hospitals. Free medical care for anyone no matter if they can pay for it or not. Gotta' support
- pay off world debt for every country
- I'd pay off closed governments in the world (N. Korea, Saudi Arabia, etc) to bring in freedom of the press and freedom of information. People
everywhere could choose what they want to believe instead of having it stuffed down their throats by theocratic and/or totalitarian governments.
- I'd pay off restrictive and oppressive governments to make sure everyone got an education and could learn to read ... especially the women in
countries that make it dangerous for women to be self sufficient.
- I'd ship TONS of GOOD books to places that have been closed off .... books to open minds and promote human and spiritual growth.
- this sounds strange but the world is overpopulated so - - I'd pay for free birth control to be available in vending machines on every street corner
around the world. And I'd pay for anyone, anywhere to have vasectomies or tubals done ... and I'd pay them to do it.
- Pay off governments everywhere to allow physician assisted suicide, and I'd pay for assisted suicide centers to be established around the world
(think of Soylent Green ... those kinds of centers).
- I'd pay off those who grow illegal drugs to instead grow food in their fields to help feed the poor.
- I'd buy desalination plants and place them around the world so everyone would have more drinking water.
- I'd pay off the country of Japan (and others) to stop the dolphin and whale slaughters.
For the USA -
- I'd pay to fix the entire infrastructure ... the roads, bridges, electrical grid.
- Give NASA a HUGE check and designate it for a lunar base and then for a Mars base.
- pay for free school breakfasts and lunches for everyone.
- pay off every college in the USA so they could provide free education.
- pay off every private/church school in the USA so they could provide a free education ... and this would take some pressure off the public
For my family - (even those family members I don't have contact with)
- Give 'em all a million dollars each.
- Buy a mountain in New Hampshire for my husband and I to retire to.
- Pay to have our dream house built there.
- Buy a place at Hampton Beach NH for when we wanted to come down off our mountain.
- I'd buy a few more pin cases for my pin collection and go shopping on EBAY for my favorite Hard Rock and Disney pins.
I wish all that money could buy good health and cures for autoimmune and cancer and everything ... but perhaps putting the money into research could
lead to it.
AND FOR GOD AND THE HUMAN SPIRIT - Donate a ton of money to certain monasteries ... Catholic and Buddhist ... around the world. Not all of them, but
only those that I judge as having kept to the spiritual and not indulged in the worldly. Medication and reflection is important and these places can