It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you had unlimited money for 24 hours

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 10:04 PM
link   
What would you do with it? Would you pay off all your debts? Pay off your Countries debt to zero? Help disease research or any other research? Would you .....

what would you do? After 24 hours it will be gone forever but what you do with it will last. Sadly you can't bank it or invest it. Where you send it to help whatever you choose however, will hold: unless it's for greed or nothing good. Hey, gotta have SOME rules, hehe.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 10:13 PM
link   
I would take all of the politicians all over the world and pay for someone to take them to Fukushima and duct tape them all to those spent fuel rods until...

Of course I would do the status quo of helping all of the nations set up more stable access to food, be it teaching them how to grow it or funding projects to make growing it a reality for all who need it.

I would pay off everyone's medical bills, pay for surgeries needed, treatments, medications, etc. and not make them pay a penalty tax for it at the end of the 24 hours.

I would "make it rain" all over the globe so everyone else could share the unlimited access with me for the remainder of the 24 hours in hopes that all the good bases/ideas would be completely covered.

I might consider buying up every known copy of Motel Hell and burning them ... I think that's about all.

edit on 6/11/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 10:16 PM
link   
a reply to: sarra1833

I'd buy every oil company on the planet, Monsanto, China,world bank, IMF, WHO,....Everything! Then I could handle My debts all by myself!

ETA: And I'd find that missing plane damnit!!!!
edit on 11-6-2014 by minkmouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 10:24 PM
link   
It's all worthless anyway, and even more worthless if there's an infinite amount of it. There's nothing that could be done with it. May as well make an infinite toilet paper roll out of it, it would be cheaper than buying tp at that point.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Give it away to the poorest of the poor .. could care less about coloured bits of paper and shiny pieces of metal that everyone foolishly waste their lives chasing after .. theres more important things in life than damn money ...

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 11:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

Ugh.. we have enough to deal with from fukushima here could you please dump the rubbish elsewhere ...

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 11:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Expat888
Give it away to the poorest of the poor .. could care less about coloured bits of paper and shiny pieces of metal that everyone foolishly waste their lives chasing after .. theres more important things in life than damn money ...

Since you asked nicely, I will pay for a one way ticket for Fukushima, politicians, and duct tape to be launched into a galaxy far away.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Thank you that sounds good .. let me find some duct tape and will nicely wrap them up for you it will be a big step in cleaning up the mess .. and the aliens wherever they end up at can have fun probing them to whatever passes for a hearts content ..

Think we solved two problems .. no more politicians and people on earth wouldnt have to worry about being abducted and probed anymore ..

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 11:13 PM
link   
I would definitely have a heart attack and wind up not being able to spend a cent. Of course the hospital bill will take more than twenty four hours to process, so I would wind up in the hole from this venture.

Maybe I could go to a fish fry before I had the heart attack.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Now that's humor

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 01:27 AM
link   
I would buy a megaphone for my car and yell, "I'm rich beeyatch!" At everyone I see.

And before you say that I'm selfish, I would also be throwing out duffel bags filled with $100,000.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 01:49 AM
link   
I would buy the world, and give everyone in it 1,000,000 dollars for having to deal with their Sh1tty governments.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 01:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thisbseth
I would buy the world, and give everyone in it 1,000,000 dollars for having to deal with their Sh1tty governments.

The problem is if you give everyone $1,000,000 then inflation occurs and suddenly that million dollars can only buy a single loaf of bread. The government has the ability to print an unlimited amount of money for themselves... and they're still deep in debt.
edit on 12/6/2014 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 02:06 AM
link   
a reply to: ChaoticOrder

WELL then, Id just have to buy everyone a tuna sandwich....

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 02:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thisbseth

WELL then, Id just have to buy everyone a tuna sandwich....

Well if you had an unlimited amount of money that would work but it wouldn't stop inflation. In order to buy the sandwiches you need to inject a whole lot of money into the economy in order to pay for them. With each sandwich that you purchase, the next sandwich would cost slightly more. So while you may have given everyone a sandwich you've also dramatically decreased the purchasing power of everyones savings.
edit on 12/6/2014 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 02:25 AM
link   

How come the guy throwing out duffle bags full of money gets to do that then...no fair..

Damn, Its just impossible then.....Well id just be selfish and turn myself into wolverine. Case closed.

edit on 12-6-2014 by Thisbseth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 02:29 AM
link   
Offer to pay off the multi-trillion dollar CIA bill Rumsfeld was taking about before 911. On the grounds someone comes forward to bust these turkeys once and for all.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 03:07 AM
link   
I'd hope that the intelligence of the people on this forum would make this thread out to be a purely hypothetical scenario.

I responded as such, and I don't need to hear rationalizations. The thread is purely just a thought experiment. No need to bring the real world into it.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 04:13 AM
link   
a reply to: rockintitz

What fun is a thought experiment if there isn't any challenge to it?

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 05:17 AM
link   
a reply to: sarra1833

I would pay off world debt, all of it, for every single nation and individual. Deficit issues would evaporate. I would buy up enough mercenaries that I could organise an aid drop into North Korea to feed the many starving prisoners and labourers, without those aid packages being taken or destroyed by NK military. I would also attempt to purchase all the major oil companies, then give nations back control over the oil reserves they have.

I would also place trillions of dollars into the accounts of forward thinking scientists working on ways to eliminate oil from the global energy equation. I would buy up the entire Fox organisation, and install Seth McFarlane as its new top dog, so that there is always something hilarious on the box, and I would buy every company which supplies the British government and it's many departments with office equipment and consumables, and every company which owns property that the British government rents and uses, and I would adjust the tariff the government pays to conduct business, from its currently obscenely high cost, and reduce it by hundreds of percent.

I would also buy up all the pharmaceutical companies of any significant size, globally, and dial down the cost that they charge patients and governments for their drugs and equipment.

I would add up all the money that has ever been spent by NASA on space travel, research and development, and so on, then donate that amount to NASA with the caveat that they may only use money from that donation to further light speed travel research with specific focus on warp bubble experiments which are currently running at a very small scale, but need expanding on to give better data. I would then make the exact same sized donation to all space agencies on the planet, with the same caveat.

I would purchase all the companies which have ever issued a DCMA notice to music sharers, and liquidate them, distributing their worth amongst the artists they "represented". I would set up kitchens and halfway houses in inner city and suburban regions, to deal with homelessness in the developed world, and also buy land and build vast buildings in the developing world, to house those displaced by poverty, war, and famine, and buy vast reserves of food for them, not to mention setting up infrastructure to give them jobs, and the opportunity to find their own way, once their wounds have healed, both mentally and physically.

I would also provide medical and psychological care to those who have suffered in those scenarios.

I would fund political campaigns which have working class folk at their helm, and pay for investigators and lawyers to ensure the powerful and greedy amongst us, cannot hide their wrong doing and present an unrealistic, idealised view of themselves to those who might vote for them, or trust them with vast amounts of money.

I would purchase huge amounts of newly desertified land, and pay for it to be re forested using techniques which have been successful in replenishing dead lands in China, and in Yemen.

I would then purchase a beer, pop the top, and call the job done for the day.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join