It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Religious bigots vs dog fighting

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Double rant, sorry for cheating but....

Oh my f# actual god!!

Lately I've been really annoyed about religious bigots, or more accurately described as 'brainwashed bigots'

Yes I know it's old hat and happens all the time but hey, this is my rant.

So anyway my number 1 pet peeve of late is close minded, brainwashed religious bigots that refuse to listen to others. Yes it's my pet peeve and I'm entitled to it.

But I was watching tv tonight tonight, and saw a commercial for an up and coming documentary about dog fighting and people who do it.... Aaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggghhhhhhhh!!!!!

I'm so #ING angry they (the scum media) are willing to show this barbaric unforgivable #&#

People who are involved in dog fighting, are on the same 'scum level' as pedophiles and rapists to me, I stand by this!
I seriously can't put them on a higher level to anyone else!

And what bothers me equally is that when they are caught, they get a slap on the wrist and get the 'dreaded' news of "You can't own an animal again"

I'm pssed off that these evil scumbags don't do time for abusing and killing these beautiful animals.
Is every judge a heartless scumbag too? Send the f#ers down for 5 years minimum!!!

Bottom line, if you abuse or torture an animal you should get 5 YEARS MINIMUM, why are judges always lenient???I

Also, I'm a spiritual agnostic I think, but the fundamentalist brainwashed bigots annoy the s# out of me.... Almost as much as the dog fighters.

I could go on, but think my rant should end here.

F# people that hurt animals, and f# the brainwashed who condemn everyone including the innocent gay people!

End rant, and apologies if I have offended any of the innocent.

Peace and respect (for those who deserve it)

O E
edit on 11/6/14 by OpenEars123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Apologies? No need dude. I think it is real cool you admit in a public forum that you are a religious bigot. That takes alot of heart to admit these things. I am a disciple of Yeshua. I don't like religion. Yeshua hates religion too. Yes, dogfights suck. Cockfighting too. Alot of that where i live.a reply to: OpenEars123

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 09:56 PM
link   
a reply to: OpenEars123

I don't think it's your decision as to how people think or what they stand for. Yes, these cruels pricks should get extended jail terms for their acts but on the contrary if I want to condemn homosexuality, that's my choice and there is nothing you or anyone else can do about it. Your not going to change my beliefs. You don't like it, good... I'm happy for you.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 10:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: DarknStormy

I don't think it's your decision as to how people think or what they stand for. Yes, these cruels pricks should get extended jail terms for their acts but on the contrary if I want to condemn homosexuality, that's my choice and there is nothing you or anyone else can do about it. Your not going to change my beliefs. You don't like it, good... I'm happy for you.

That's fine. If you are happy being a bigot, there's is, and never will be anything I can do about it

This is my rant. Thank you for contributing

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 10:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: manna2
Apologies? No need dude. I think it is real cool you admit in a public forum that you are a religious bigot. That takes alot of heart to admit these things. I am a disciple of Yeshua. I don't like religion. Yeshua hates religion too. Yes, dogfights suck. Cockfighting too. Alot of that where i live.a reply to: OpenEars123

I'm not a religious bigot, im an ex devout follower. You are free to do as you will, and always will do.

This is my rant, thank you for contributing.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 10:03 PM
link   

edit on 2013 by sparky31 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Um, not sure what religious bigots has to do with dog fights nor how the 2 can be compared

One is just expressing ignorant views
While the other one is doing actual harm to a living creature

This thread seems to be more about dog fights, which yes, is disgusting!!!
Just saying.......

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 10:05 PM
link   

You can call me what ever you want.. Though I don't care what other people do in their lives, I will not agree with homosexuality. Maybe we should normalise incest relationships also, or pedophilia.. How about relationships between humans and Frillled neck lizards?

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 10:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: sparky31

Your post made me lol

Fair play to you both, you're both as soppy add each other ;-)

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 10:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: snarky412
Um, not sure what religious bigots has to do with dog fights nor how the 2 can be compared

One is just expressing ignorant views
While the other one is doing actual harm to a living creature

This thread seems to be more about dog fights, which yes, is disgusting!!!
Just saying.......

Yes you are right!

But both things have been on my mind all day, and I thought I'd get them both off my chest at once. I did apologies for this in my op.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 10:13 PM
link   

You can call me what ever you want.. Though I don't care what other people do in their lives, I will not agree with homosexuality. Maybe we should normalise incest relationships also, or pedophilia.. How about relationships between humans and Frillled neck lizards?

Yes, you carry on mentioning homosexuality in the same sentence as paedophilia. Well done for that

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 10:20 PM
link   

How about relationships between humans and Frillled neck lizards?

God... you've had those feelings too? Finally! I don't have to feel like such a sick outsider anymore.

Just trying to ease the tension a bit. Sorry.
edit on 6/11/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 05:56 AM
link   

We'll to be fair you compared Dog Fighting with Paedophilia too...

So you're both as bad as each other!!!

Peace everybody!!!

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 07:57 AM
link   
There is an underground dog fighting club underneath my church. All the dogs they fight there are gay and have been sentenced to death for it.
Just kidding.
Seriously though, dog fighting pisses me off a lot more than someone else's blind faith.
If I were you, I wouldn't pay much mind to someone else's beliefs and focus on whats important to you.
It's not just mega-religious types that don't want to see the other side of the coin. Most people are stuck in their ways and don't have time for someone trying to shake their core beliefs. Hell I know people who won't try a burger from joint "B" because joint "A" is their favorite.
My rant would be about a closed minded public, who are too lazy to try something new.
What I'm trying to say is, give dog fighting a chance. You might like it. It is exciting.
edit on 12-6-2014 by o0oTOPCATo0o because: reason for edit

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 08:46 AM
link   
I cannot believe people are still using this old, tired, and completely asinine reasoning. Ok, one more time. The reason we should not normalize the sick things you mentioned above is very simple. All of those involve a person too young to make that decision or, in the last case, not human, can't talk to comply. Please, if you are going to be 'against' something that, honestly, isn't any of your business, find a better reason.a reply to: DarknStormy

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 12:30 PM
link   

So anyway my number 1 pet peeve of late is close minded, brainwashed religious bigots that refuse to listen to others. - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Do you listen and adhere to their beliefs or do you refuse to listen to their (your words) bigoted words?

Not once have you suggested why you call who you have in mind 'brainwashed religious bigots'.

Sorry I see you mention condemning people for their sexuality.

In a way you are doing the same by condemning the religious because of their beliefs, some religious people do what you say, I think that even entertaining that their ideas are even debatable gives them power to their beliefs even more.

Bottom line, if you abuse or torture an animal you should get 5 YEARS MINIMUM, why are judges always lenient??? - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

I disagree with what you propose that the (delete for extreme vulgarity and extremely extreme profanity) that fight dogs should suffer as thats not enough, I cant suggest what i think would be acceptable even hate to think such things because it puts me on a level of cruelty similar to what I wish to condemn.

OK 5 years is reasonable but not prison, most are like hotels where you learn your new criminal trade.

I find you title strange though and really don't understand how you are comparing the two.

I disagree with first rant about beliefs but totally agree that #### that hold dog fights or any other animal fights need much harsher punishments that are received today.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: InhaleExhale

So anyway my number 1 pet peeve of late is close minded, brainwashed religious bigots that refuse to listen to others. - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Do you listen and adhere to their beliefs or do you refuse to listen to their (your words) bigoted words?

Not once have you suggested why you call who you have in mind 'brainwashed religious bigots'.

Sorry I see you mention condemning people for their sexuality.

In a way you are doing the same by condemning the religious because of their beliefs, some religious people do what you say, I think that even entertaining that their ideas are even debatable gives them power to their beliefs even more.

Bottom line, if you abuse or torture an animal you should get 5 YEARS MINIMUM, why are judges always lenient??? - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

I disagree with what you propose that the (delete for extreme vulgarity and extremely extreme profanity) that fight dogs should suffer as thats not enough, I cant suggest what i think would be acceptable even hate to think such things because it puts me on a level of cruelty similar to what I wish to condemn.

OK 5 years is reasonable but not prison, most are like hotels where you learn your new criminal trade.

I find you title strange though and really don't understand how you are comparing the two.

I disagree with first rant about beliefs but totally agree that #### that hold dog fights or any other animal fights need much harsher punishments that are received today.

Thanks for your reply.
When I referred to religious bigots, I was aiming towards the ones which sound like they're brainwashed and condemn others that do not have the same beliefs. The one's who's goal is to spew 'at' others rather than respecting their position.

I'm actually ok with believers, and would admit that faith can and does have many positives.

However I'm not ok with believers that truly believe everyone else is going to burn in hell for their own beliefs, sexuality etc.

You're right about the thread title, it should have said 'and' nit 'vs'

Interesting point about how you would to someone hurting an animal for pleasure, I too would inflict more damage and psin
I've always wondered what that says about us, and how it verges on hypocrisy.

Thanks again

Edit: To answer your question,. As an ex believer, I find myself listening to Christians less and less, not good I know!
But I am satisfied with where I stand now, and find it increasingly difficult to not to relate it all to nonsense.
Ignorant I know, but I have been there before and knee what it's like in both sides.
edit on 12/6/14 by OpenEars123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 02:15 PM
link   

I've always wondered what that says about us, and how it verges on hypocrisy. - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

I am a hypocrite, a proud one actually.

I never have acted out in such a sick way but have had very insane thoughts of what I am capable of.

I follow many religious dogma and find much beauty in it all, I see the similarities instead of the differences.

I cant claim to be a Christian, A Muslim, A Buddhist or any label as such as they all describe a part of my being and beliefs.

I get your point in finding much frustration in those that cannot accept anothers way and simply let it be and in turn must put out a negative vibe towards what they believe is wrong.

2 wrongs don't make a right. or 2 negatives don't make a positive. Its just that a religious person doesn't see what they say towards another lifestyle as being negative, many times their belief in them being righteous because their interpretations tell them they are blinds them in following the ways of the deceiver and create division amongst even followers of their own faith.

If only the ones pushing their bigoted beliefs could see that pushing such will only to create more conflict than there already is and make the believer in God (the supposed good guy) the bad guy in modern society and eventually have threads started about their bigotry.

Cheers for the clarifications,

Out of half the worlds population that believe in one God or another I would say a high percentage arent real believers, actually a very high percentage.

Just sheep

Baaaa

I guess I am one too, Hey I am a hypocrite so sure I am as I have followed much or been lead/influenced by much that later with more knowledge and an ability to go back I wouldn't follow and take another path.

But the paths we take have brought us here and now,

Thats good enough for me.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: InhaleExhale

Very nicely put!

If only other believers could see the common sense that you so rightly stated, there would be much less conflict for sure!

Another interesting point you raised, was being a self proclaimed hypocrite and proud of it. I've always associated (but never rant really thought about it) hypocrisy as a major negative and have never owned up to it. Then I suppose the old saying "Do as i say, not as I do" smacks of hypocrisy, which basically means our parents are hypocrites! Wtf?? :-|

Right, can you stop talking sensibly about religion and stuff now? I'm not used to it!! Lol

Ps I noticed all my typos in my previous reply. SwiftKey texting sucks.
edit on 12/6/14 by OpenEars123 because: SwiftKey is dog$hit

top topics

join