It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO artificial gravity

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2004 @ 12:55 AM
link   
What do you find so difficult about a spinning section creating artificial gravity, NASA is looking into this kind of tech. for future long mission craft.

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 08:13 AM
link   
2001: A Space Odyssey had a space station with this if i remember correctly. I think NASA came up with this idea first, Von Braun used to help out hollywood on lots of their movies regarding space travel. They were trying to get Americans interested in it so they could get more funding.

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 04:19 PM
link   
I'd like to get some input from the members that have joined, since the last post, as always good and bad opinions are accepted.

Also, I found a picture of a proposed space craft, using centrifcal force spinning rings to produce artificial gravity.
Here it is: Ship

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Interesting thought! I also thought the same but wondered if the spin may not have been at least in part to stabilize the craft?
Perhaps both?

Dallas

XL5

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 10:10 PM
link   
If all I had to do is spin some metal, I'd have already made anti-gravity and all engines and things with spinning metal would start to float if that were the case.

You could make a space station with a huge ring/tube that spins that forces you to its outter edge so it FEELS as though theres gravity, but it won't just lift off by just spinning.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join