It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN calls out Monsanto Mom on her crap (sort of)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Pinch me. I must be dreaming.

After Tuesday's shooting at an Oregon high school, many media outlets, including CNN, reported that there have been 74 school shootings in the past 18 months.

The statistic came from a group called Everytown for Gun Safety, an umbrella group started by former New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg, a passionate and public advocate of gun control.

I'm guessing CNN felt somewhat pressured to actually be journalists since other outlets and Twitter were exploding with folks, including other journalists, doing the work for them.

Some of the other incidents on Everytown's list included personal arguments, accidents and alleged gang activities and drug deals.

Some? What's some?

Monsanto Mom's list includes incidents with BB guns, police shootings on or near school campuses, gang activity and muggings on or near school campuses, police accidents (remember officer Glock 4-tay?) , domestic violence incidents and suicides.

CNN's 'investigation' citing 15 questionable inclusions can be found here: link

A more exhaustive and thorough look citing 48 questionable inclusions can be found here: link

At least CNN tried. That's more than they're used too doing.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 07:03 PM
link   
It really show the power of one billionaire plutocrat and his ability to buy publicity and press exposure to propagandize false facts. And the majority of idiots just buy into it without questioning it.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Shes just foul. I dont know what else to say.

For anyone who needs an example of what a "shill" is, she is it.
edit on 11-6-2014 by captaintyinknots because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 08:19 PM
link   
I see a lot of gang shootings, that isn't anything new. I also see a lot of stuff that is not out of the ordinary. I suppose this was never checked out by Obama to see if it could be used as reference.....oh yeah, he is the president, he can say anything he wants and we can't challenge it. There is an uptick on these events but that happens. The biggest change is the national news coverage.

Why don't the Republicans challenge Obama on using that information? Oh yeah, both parties use unreliably acquired information to get what they want. I keep forgetting, this is America where deception is lord.

new topics

top topics

join