It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Game of Thrones season 4 discussion. ( Spoilers)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Since GoT is wrapping up for the season. What did ya'll think? Highs? Lows? Shocks?

The viper vs. the mountain fight scene was amazing! And not just the head squishing, they must have found a spear fighter that could act, not taught an actor to spear fight.

I've read the books but can't remember if Jon walked out to meet mance in them. I thought it was a rare stupid part of the show. Anyone else remember?
edit on 11-6-2014 by ArtemisE because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: ArtemisE

whoah there. What your talking about is the end of season 4 not season 3. Your gonna ruin some peoples watching discussing season 4. Some people in the world are still on season 3.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: ArtemisE
I've read the books but can't remember if Jon walked out to meet mance in them. I thought it was a rare stupid part of the show. Anyone else remember?

Yes, in the book he is sent out to assassinate Mance but Mance tries to deal him the Horn of Winter for safe passage. This happens right before Stannis the Mannis Jefferson shows up.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

Fixed my bad. Was thinking in books and season 4 is the second half of book 3.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 03:47 PM
link   
oberyn did his own stunts in that scene! he studied some form of martial arts, as per his reddit AMA

www.reddit.com...

First, thank you VERY very much. That's always amazing for me to hear. And the production of Game of Thrones actually put me in some pre-training before I went to Europe to start shooting. I was put intro some classes with a master of Wushu, an acrobatic martial art, and they put me with a master, his name is Master Hu, and he has a studio in Los Angeles where he sort of basically showed me the basics and taught me how to fight with a spear and twist my body around and move in ways I never thought possible. And this was a guy who actually did Shaolin movies with Jet Li very early in Jet Li's career, and fought alongside him as his sidekick, so he was the real deal.
Then once I got to Europe and started shooting, there were really intensive fight rehearsals with me and the stunt team that was headed by C.C. Smiff, and other actors, and we did a lot of fight choreography and rehearsals. The Oberyn style of fighting is inspired by Wushu.

^ awesome stuff. he's my new fav actor and i cant wait to see him get all kinds of movie/show deals
edit on 6/11/2014 by ThinkYouSpeak because: link

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Thank you. Bad play on GRR martine then. Would have made more since to have mance come to the wall to treat with the nights watch.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Thank you. Bad play on GRR martine then. Would have made more since to have mance come to the wall to treat with the nights watch.

Did you even read the books?

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 06:05 PM
link   
I have just finished watching season one which I got from a friend, I am totally addicted.
I will be going to his place today to get seasons, 2,3.
I am playing catch up on this great show, so will keep my eye on this thread.

I hope he has season 4 (rubs hands together) I don't watch TV as a rule, I have just become a couch potato for this show only.

a reply to: crayzeed

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Yup! Arguabely my favorite series!

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 08:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: keenasbro
I hope he has season 4 (rubs hands together) I don't watch TV as a rule, I have just become a couch potato for this show only.

Not unless he recorded it since it is still airing.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Finale is this Sunday. My bet is there will be some jumping around a bit on this one.

SPOILER ALERTS!!!!!

Starting by wrapping up the wall for the season, then (in no particular order), issue with Dani and her big dragon, Bran meeting the children of the forest, and then Lady Stoneheart and/or Tyrion's "escape" being the ending scene to wrap it all up.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Gazrok

I'm betting Tyron's escape but I kinda think the walls savior ( hehe won't spoil it) might be the start of next season.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 02:24 PM
link   

I'm betting Tyron's escape but I kinda think the walls savior ( hehe won't spoil it) might be the start of next season.

They are both this week.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 05:24 PM
link   
The mountain V the viper.......I covered my face with my hands and i think I shrieked a bit...lol

I also cried a bit when John Snow's girl died.......that was heartbreaking.

Tyrion is one of my favourite characters and I hope he survives, which he probably will having read the comments above.
(I haven't read the books).....his sister should die instead....despicable woman!

I am totally hooked with this program....last time I was so hooked was with Fringe.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 08:58 PM
link   
I can't wait till Sunday night. This has been the best season. The Watcher on the Wall made me want to join the Nights Watch. They are the only true heroes in all of the GoT world. I seems that Allester and Snow may be respectful after everything. Can't wait to see the Dwarf get his revenge.

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   
What a great episode, and even some curveballs for those of us who've read the books. Couldn't be happier with it.

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gazrok
What a great episode, and even some curveballs for those of us who've read the books. Couldn't be happier with it.

Yeah, we even got show spoiled with exploding Jojen.

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 06:42 AM
link   
whaaaaaat?!?!?

You said spoilers..........

Frabilididilidou on you...

I came here thinking id get some info but
NOOOO!!!

new topics

top topics

join