It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama cites Australia’s gun confiscation program as example for US

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: LrdRedhawk

He's have had a more rational response if, instead of reading about it, he'd have stuffed the document in a dark place.

What a traitorous stooge of the genocidal oligarchy intent on shuffling the Eloi off to the caverns of the Morlachs. Far easier without the sheeple having guns.

In terms of The Destroyer-in-Chief . . . Australia is still too rational a place for him. The continent South of Hobart would be suitable.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

I had a terrarium FULL of anoles and they were fine for quite a while. Then one day I woke up and all of them were dead. No idea why, everything was the way it was every other day. But I woke up and they were all crispy. Weird.

They totally use lethal force though. They eat like... well lizards. It's slightly disturbing to watch.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Magnivea2) I disagree. Unless NATO steps in there's no real need for tanks as I think the feds would have quite a hard time finding mentally stable people who would turn tanks against fellow Americans.
If you need not to supress with firepower military units, but just convince military to change sides - you don't need guns. As recent events in Ukraine show, there were required mass protest. (top weapons: catapults with molotov cocktails and bulldozer)

(and that was a semi civilized country with very limited democratic tradition)

3) Our safety mechanism IS our ability to defend ourselves. I know it's hard to comprehend but the whole of the "first world" is nothing but supportive (generally) of what our mildly schizophrenic government does. Don't really give a damn if it sounds "unconvincing" as a week in this festering cesspool would almost certainly change your mind.
Your defence mechanism are effective the same as the rest of democratic countries - free enough media, informed enough public opinion and security services that in case would turn sides. By occasion you also hold guns, what in case of any bigger unrest might turn everything bloody.

Do you know why other countries are supportive? Because Pax Americana sounds better than hegemony of any other realistic contender. Especially for more pragmatic policy makers, some left wing in Western Europe whine about it.

4) Not necessarily slashing but if people are going to lose their sh## badly enough to go on a murderous rampage they'll find a way. Look at that guy in the 90s in California that broke into a military base and stole a tank that he then ran from police in. Or that 30+ stabbing spree in China recently. Anyone with the ability to download TOR or access some torrent sites doesn't need a gun, just ammunition which also is easier to obtain. There are zip gun plans everywhere. My license allows me to manufacture/amend weapons and I have 3 fully registered, fully automatic SMGs that are made out of scraps of other useless guns and parts from a hardware store. I could have made them for a total of about $50 each but since I went the legal route it cost over $5000 each.
To make such stabbing spree it was necessary to sacrifice whole team and plan whole attack long in advance. If they had guns they would be able to do much more damage with same team to be sacrificed and same planning.

In China there were plenty of cases of lone madmen attacking a school... with knife... let's say that in the most cases they were abysmally low effective in comparison to well armed Americans.

5) Poor knowledge of other countries history? Hardly. As I said, some are close but none THAT close. US foreign policy for most of the past 80 years has been world police. Unless of course a country in trouble has nothing we want. I'm actually going to look up foreign instigation statistics from 1945 until present, I think.
Let's say that I may have here somewhat different view because I live in country that was subjugated by the SU. (So US policies of fighting proxy wars looked reasonable, rather countries preferring detente (France, West Germany) were making us displeased)

Also, I'd like to point out your point on the US being proportionally larger. Did you notice the post up there the poster who did a proportional analysis? For the size of this country there seems to be little to no news from the state-run media about anything but gun violence anymore. The agenda is blatant and no one seems to take into account the sheer size of this country.
Death and blood sells well so it seems reasonable for media to put such stuff, because it would attract viewers watching advertisements.

Do you think that detailed discussion ex. misguided tax regulation for US expats would be interesting for masses? Or maybe discussion concerning minor adjustment limiting systemic risk in financial sector?

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: bellagirl
america can put a man on the moon but cant stop themselves from shooting each other...

Being that you did not even get to the moon and are still shooting each other what is your suggestion for Australia besides ultra-restrictive firearms laws?

I know your initial sentiment was as long as it is the brown people killing each other no worries but how did they get the guns if they are illegal?

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

everyone join in the chant....usa usa usa usa

you are so predictable. you cant win so resort to calling me a racist.

usa usa usa

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 12:23 AM
link   
a reply to: LordGoofus

Lord Goofus,

As a non American you do not understand the culture America was founded on. Released murderers and other vagabonds from the Dutch and England and France came over here and fought each other. England then took about getting control, and each of them took a nice sick joy in killing off the Native Americans, and then bringing Africans in for chattel slavery after experimentations with the Native Americans didn't work too well. Then the American born British and the Old School British get into fistacuffs (American Revolution). Then the country stabilizes and then the Blacks and Reds are hunted and exploited for about 200 odd years. In the middle of that we have the Civil War. After that we have Reconstruction or as I look at it the War on Blacks that is still going on. From Reconstruction the Prison Industrial Complex is born to recreate slavery under a different name. This is still going on.

Only difference from then and now is that America never forgot the poor white souls that helped the oppressed be free and therefore this go round, punishing them as well.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 06:03 AM
link   

You did not answer my question. If your restrictive gun laws work why are people still shooting each other?

You need to stop dodging.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 07:51 AM
link   
a reply to: bellagirl

Is that your final answer???
Care to phone a friend???
Summon 0bama maybe?
Conjure up the spirit of Alinsky?

Throughout this entire thread, you

Can you just address the questions posed to you?

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Look at the MSN now using the fake stat that there have 74 school shooting since Sandy Hook even though the stat has been debunked. We got people like Bloomberg, Mom Demand Action, Think Progress, NBC, David Muir, and Robin Roberts promoting this false stat even when they got flooded with proof to correct the stat (to be fair CNN was the only one to change it to 15). Even Mom's Demand Action have admitted to having armed guards when ever they are out promoting gun control. If Bloomberg, Obama, many Liberals, and just about all the Progressives are going to spend a large amount of money/time to ban a weapon that kills a little over 300 people a year (stat includes all long guns some which wouldn't be banned) and used in less than 3% of crime why wouldn't they also go after hand guns which kill over 6,000 people a year/used in the vast majority of crime. These people use England/Japan/Australia (countries with some of the strictest gun laws) as a model to follow yet then claim they aren't trying to restrict law abiding citizens rights to own a gun, even if that's exactly what those countries do.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 05:26 PM
link   

a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

everyone join in the chant....usa usa usa usa

usa usa usa

If Australia is so great then why do over 67% of Australians believe crime is increasing, rank 9th in kidnapping, 6th in rape, 4th in robberies, and 6th in violent crime/rape? That's horrible when you guys don't have nearly the amount of guns, poverty, drugs, gangs, geographic location, and population we have.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 06:29 PM
link   
www.law.cornell.edu...

Title 10 USC 311. Militia composition and classes.

"(a) The militia of the United States consists of all able-bodied males at least 17 years of age and, except as provided in section 313 of title 32, under 45 years of age who are, or who have made a declaration of intention to become, citizens of the United States and of female citizens of the United States who are members of the National Guard.

(b) The classes of the militia are—

(1) the organized militia, which consists of the National Guard and the Naval Militia; and

(2) the unorganized militia, which consists of the members of the militia who are not members of the National Guard or the Naval Militia. "

Such a different vision of America the invaders of the White House have. We're all being lied to with regards to every citizens responsibilities.

YOU are responsible to possess and carry the weapon you will be using in service of defending your country.

IT'S THE LAW ON THE BOOKS.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 06:32 PM
link   
No, WE THE PEOPLE should see to it that Mr.Obama moves to Australia.....And take 3/4 of congress with you.

a reply to: butcherguy

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Because no one has a gun to protect themselves. They also can't defend themselves from the own Government.

a reply to: nancyliedersdeaddog

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 07:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: [post=18025587]19KTankCommander
Since the shooting in 1999 ( Columbine) we have seen an increase in shootings why?

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

When you say 'shootings' what exactly do you mean as overall firearms homicides have steadily decreased since then?

Augustus, you know you can't let facts get in the way of a good sound bite........ If you repeat it loud and long enough, people consider it the truth.

edit on 13-6-2014 by pavil because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 07:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: LrdRedhawk

That's just great.

More reactionary nonsense, where what is needed is better monitoring and treatment of people who have psychological malfunctions, which lead them to violence and insanity.

It cannot be said enough times, that guns are not the problem here. The people who are walking around with the will and the lack of moral awareness necessary to make attacks like those which currently plague America, are dangerous by definition. The guns they carry are lumps of inanimate matter, and only as dangerous as the person wielding them. These people would be lethal if all they had was a lump of concrete stuck to a pipe, or a knife, or a spoon, or a Godamn house brick.

Great Response TrueBrit.........it's so easy to see, yet the anti gun crowd doesn't manage to see it. The two common denominators of most mass gun killings are people with very deep psychological issues and medicines prescribed to them to supposedly help them with those issues.

Guns don't kill people, Crazy people do.....

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 07:29 PM
link   
O.k. Obama, lets make a deal.

You got guns too Commander. Military guns.

We the people propose a trade. You can have our guns if we can have yours.. wouldn't that be fair?

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 09:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: openyourmind1262
Because no one has a gun to protect themselves. They also can't defend themselves from the own Government.

a reply to: nancyliedersdeaddog

I agree, it's sad how bad some of their crime stats are when they don't have nearly the amount of problems/people we do. It's scary when many people who wont to ban "assault weapons" think they are fully automatic and weapons of war, it's even scarier the people who make those mistakes don't get corrected on them. I mean could you imagine pro-lifers going on CNN and claiming we need to restrict abortion because doctor are preforming abortions by chopping the heads off babies using an ax?

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 01:55 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 07:21 AM
link   
a reply to: bellagirl

Please use spell check and proof read while insulting an entire country.

Also, seriously, answer the questions asked of you if you want to come off as anything more than an opinionated halfwit. Constant insults, BS with no proof just preconceived thoughts and a lot of question dodging. Quite an annoying formula itself.

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 07:40 AM
link   
He's a couple of decades too late. It could have been pulled off in the 80's:-)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join