Playing moral crusader on gun control.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Hit enter too fast. Post will be up shortly.
edit on 11-6-2014 by RomeByFire because: (no reason given)

I'd just like to make a point here. Why is it, that anytime a shooting becomes glamourized and sensationalized by our media, people come out in troves playing moral crusader and using "the innocent" as the justification for how "we need gun laws!"

You know what?

I don't see any of you up in arms about how the US government murders little kids with radio-controlled planes.

Seriously.

Some lunatic shoots twenty-some kids and people lose their minds. "What is this world coming to?!?!?!"

Yet a government bombs countries for DECADES, murdering hundreds of thousands of people in a history of perpetual conflict?

"Uh, Murica."

Get over yourselves. Some of you go on the most grandiloquent rants on how 'we need to do something in order to prevent another Sandy Hook.'

No. You need to wake up and realize that this government is creating Sandy Hooks through the use of terrorism and war on a global scale on a daily basis.

I seriously just don't get it. It's like Stalin, "Kill one it's a tragedy kill a million it's a statistic."

Those of who you are vehemently against guns and violence, that's fantastic. Me too. Who is an advocate of violence, aside from any government?

But let's look at reality folks. People kill each other.

We don't live in magical-ideal land where if something is "illegal" it just won't happen. That style of thinking is pure insanity.

It's my right to own a gun, and carry it how I please. Get over your fear and don't tell me what I can and cannot do.

You have no quarrel when it comes to police shooting dogs and beating the elderly, and you have no problem letting these savages run around with all the guns in the world. You don't care that your government is genocidal and is responsible for the death of countless innocent civilians across the world.

Oh, but God forbid, I own a firearm so that I can attempt to protect myself from the true crazies in this increasingly mad and disgusting world.
edit on 11-6-2014 by RomeByFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 12:16 PM
link   
It's a matter of scale.

Too small and it doesnt register. Too large and you can't comprehend. Just right and it's a epic tragedy of immense proportions.

Oh, I can't forget skin color and class. They factor quite heavily.

The Holocaust of the Jews is still on everybodys radar and taught the world over in schools. Can't say the same for Rwandan genocide, the Cambodian genocide, the Bosnian genocide, the Armenian genocide, etc...

500 black kids dead in Chicago in a year didnt register. 20 rich white kids bite it and it's a rush to federal action.

A more cynical theory is that the gun control groups being largely Democrats already have total control over the minority populations so no matter what the relatives of those 500 black kids will vote for them so there's no call to action. Got to get those rich white people votes so thats the demographic to pander to. We'll move heaven and earth they say to protect your rich white kids. Meh, we already got your votes inner city blacks.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: RomeByFire

There Have Been 74 U.S. School Shootings Since Sandy Hook

You know that averages out to about one per week.

Guess what happens when something like that occurs this often.

it becomes old news. people shrug and say,
"What, another one?"

Nothing gets done other than a lot of talk
"Won't someone please think of the children!"
Lots of fancy speeches get made.
"Your not ready to handle the truth!"

But in the end nothing changes

other than we all learn to expect a school shooting occurring at a rate of about one per week

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   
What id like to know is where all the outrage was 15 years ago, when this was a weekly occurrence in the inner cities? Why is it only now that it has spilled out into suburbia that something needs to be done?

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: captaintyinknots
What id like to know is where all the outrage was 15 years ago, when this was a weekly occurrence in the inner cities? Why is it only now that it has spilled out into suburbia that something needs to be done?

Better yet, where's the outrage over a myriad of inconsistencies and implausibilities fed to us with astronomical coincidences on 9/11?

Where's the outrage over Fukushima?

Where's the outrage over the NSA and it's meta-data collection?

I could go on and on and on.

My point being here - most people don't know or just don't care about these topics.

I just find it sad how these people are the first to go on grandiloquent rants about what's right and wrong.

For example: "It's wrong to shoot twenty children with an assault rifle."

"We need stricter gun laws so this can't happen again!"

Yet when our government murders 2,000 of it's own citizens and subsequently invades a handful of small countries, enacting sanctions that killed 500,000 children?

"That's just the way it is not anything we can do about it oh well Murica."

It just boggles my mind.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 01:08 PM
link   

A "void" on the application of outrage does nothing to change the moral composition of the problem.

Unfortunately for some, a "void" or incoherence in application of outrage becomes an argument to limit and discourage outrage.

The fact is, conscience is a group function. It's a gradient, not a binary. In order to see the world as it is, it is essential to abandon binary thinking modes.

Lose the binary thinking and you might realize that any outrage from anyone about a tragedy is positive in human terms.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 01:12 PM
link   
"The death of one man is a tragedy, the death of millions is a statistic."
-Joseph Stalin

It's never been about guns.

It's always been about control.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 01:19 PM
link   
The thing that I don't get is anytime there's a tragedy or publicized event involving man-created death.....the "troves" of people coming out of the woodwork (or bunker) are the "oh great..now they'll come to take my guns!) folks.

Seriously?

People just lost their lives, their families, their friends, their parent or their children and ALL you can think about is YOUR GUNS ??

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: TXRabbit
The thing that I don't get is anytime there's a tragedy or publicized event involving man-created death.....the "troves" of people coming out of the woodwork (or bunker) are the "oh great..now they'll come to take my guns!) folks.

Seriously?

People just lost their lives, their families, their friends, their parent or their children and ALL you can think about is YOUR GUNS ??

Well, it's all they can think about too.

The bloody shirts are waved within minutes of any event along with all the "stop the madness!" comments.

After 50+ years of being under constant attack excuse me if I come across as a little defensive.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: TXRabbit

Seriously?

That's seems to be the first thing THEY bring up. All we are doing is giving them a rebuttal.

You really want to hear us gun rights advocates stop whining? Shut the hell up about the guns.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: HardCorps

There Have Been 74 U.S. School Shootings Since Sandy Hook

Actually there haven't been. The "school shootings" listed include crimes that happen after school hours on school property, suicides near or on school property, crimes committed adjacent school property or simply in a school zone, and even acts of self defense on or near school property.

The fact that people keep parroting this "list of school shootings" is amazing to me. Even pro 2A people aren't bothering to check out what this list actually contains.
edit on pWed, 11 Jun 2014 14:11:23 -0500201411America/Chicago2014-06-11T14:11:23-05:0030vx6 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: thisguyrighthere
It's a matter of scale.

Too small and it doesnt register. Too large and you can't comprehend. Just right and it's a epic tragedy of immense proportions.

Oh, I can't forget skin color and class. They factor quite heavily.

The Holocaust of the Jews is still on everybodys radar and taught the world over in schools. Can't say the same for Rwandan genocide, the Cambodian genocide, the Bosnian genocide, the Armenian genocide, etc...

500 black kids dead in Chicago in a year didnt register. 20 rich white kids bite it and it's a rush to federal action.

A more cynical theory is that the gun control groups being largely Democrats already have total control over the minority populations so no matter what the relatives of those 500 black kids will vote for them so there's no call to action. Got to get those rich white people votes so thats the demographic to pander to. We'll move heaven and earth they say to protect your rich white kids. Meh, we already got your votes inner city blacks.

Absolutely spot on right here. I don't think it can be made any more clear or concise than this. It is always, all about agenda.

OP, I share your feelings. It is frustrating to see people not bat an eye at genocide and indiscriminate murder by governments but freak the F out over school shootings. Shoot a black kid, no problem; Shoot a white kid it's front page news. It's the sad reality of reality.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 03:11 PM
link   
It almost seems like we care about our own and we think we are at war wth other countries.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Hah if I had a dime for every forum topic dealing with the killing of innocents by US drones we'd all be rich.

Basically, and respectfully, when it comes to drone attacks being un-noticed and under discussed by forums and the msm I dunno what you're getting at.

peace

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: RomeByFire
Hit enter too fast. Post will be up shortly.

I'd just like to make a point here. Why is it, that anytime a shooting becomes glamourized and sensationalized by our media, people come out in troves playing moral crusader and using "the innocent" as the justification for how "we need gun laws!"

The word is 'droves'.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Because the "outrage" by the establishment and its propaganda arm, the media, is total crap.

They could care less about lives. They want to disarm Americans, plain and simple.

Not too long ago, Alex Wagner was attacking, I mean interviewing Ron Paul.

He responded to one of her attacks by pointing out a similar hypocrisy saying:
"our drones are killing children and no one cares but a suspicious gas attack in Syria allegedly kills children, and we're outraged".

edit on 12-6-2014 by gladtobehere because: wording

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 05:33 AM
link   
Because it is easier to sweep the dirt under the rug then pick it up and put it in the garbage.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 02:03 PM
link   

You know what? I don't see any of you up in arms about how the US government murders little kids with radio-controlled planes.

There is a lot of cognitive dissoance around 'gun control'

First one being drones.

Second one being that other hot topic political issue concerning abortion.

Third one is when go to war.

We already have a LAW that addresses murder as in we can't.

So they and their 'moral high ground' that doesn't exists uses fear mongering to take more rights away from us.

Then with that same 'moral authority' they run guns to Mexico like Fast and Furious. then they turn around, and arm two bit dictators, and terrorists in the ME with the same things, and WORSE.

They have absolutely no 'moral authority' what so ever.
edit on 15-6-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 06:00 PM
link   

I agree, sensationalist media is half the problem with this country.

I don't see them taking our guns. I truly believe it would be the last straw for us Americans and I believe that would kick start a revolution.

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 07:15 AM
link   
It's a vicious circle.

You need guns to protect yourselves...cos everyone's got guns.

Look outside the box.

It's a big country; crime is spiralling out of control and bad guys lurk in every shadow, armed to the teeth.

You need a very robust police force to rein in the crims; don't think Robocop, think Columbo.

Speeding up the detection rate is your only hope of reducing the crime rate.

Then you can look at disarming the country and bringing the homicide rate down to a level commensurate with most other Western countries.

My 2p.
edit on 16.6.2014 by CJCrawley because: spelling mistake

top topics

<<   2 >>

join