It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meet Terence... The latest Rodinus household family member...

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 03:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheToastmanCometh
My uncles raised crows as well...such awesome birds.

He had one crow named Scooter and he'd eat ground beef. Luckily i didn't get clawed up as Scooter's claws were trimmed.

Sadly the poor thing died after a cat or mink got him, a poor flier despite the healthy stuff he'd eat.

Worried that my cats might get Terence too as yesterday he flew away.

However, he has flown back again and is currently squawking his head off in the Acacia tree in front of my office window... there is NOOO way I am climbing up that tree to feed him, so I have placed a food bowl in the gutter next to my window.

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Well...

Terence has decided to fly up to my office window and has settled himself into the Wisteria away from drooling Dogs and cats... so I have just hand fed him for the first time since yesterday when he flew away...

Here he is looking very pleased with himself after a good burping session :

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Rodinus

The handsome devil!

I like his style. When ever there are crows on the roofs of the buildings on my street, I complain because I feel like we all showed up in the same outfit. Lots of black!

That and the intelligence of crows, make them my favourite avian species.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 09:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

The handsome devil!

I like his style. When ever there are crows on the roofs of the buildings on my street, I complain because I feel like we all showed up in the same outfit. Lots of black!

That and the intelligence of crows, make them my favourite avian species.

He HAS to have style if he wants to live with me mate?... *cough cough*

Kindest respects

Rod

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 11:41 AM
link   
I love crows! You should re-name him: Pooh.

How horrible for those kids to be killing birds.
My great nephew Cody who lives downstairs, adores animals. I know he will always respect and love animals.

Love the pics and up-dates!!!!!

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
I love crows! You should re-name him: Pooh.

How horrible for those kids to be killing birds.
My great nephew Cody who lives downstairs, adores animals. I know he will always respect and love animals.

Love the pics and up-dates!!!!!

Funny you should say that Night?

I have just given him his end of the day feed in the Wisteria and straight afterwards he splooped out the most humongous multicoloured liquid poo I have ever seen in my life all over the Basilic plant that I planted underneath last week...

Bang goes my tomato salad with Basilic leaves that I was planning on eating this evening I guess?

Mrs R reckons that he would make a great paté... she is only getting her own back because the crow only lets Rod Jr and myself approach it... Karma comes around as her stinky killer kitten from the gateway of hell will not let Rod Jr or myself approach it within 100 yards... Only Mrs R

Kindest respects and have a great weekend

Rod
edit on 13/6/14 by Rodinus because: Word added

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 03:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Rodinus Rock on Rod rock on. Great thing you and your boy are doing there. Keep up the great work.

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 04:12 AM
link   
You're a sweet guy Rodinus.
So is your son.
Thanks for sharing

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 02:04 AM
link   
New news from Terence....

I told him to bugger off and fend for himself...

After 5 days squawking like a maniac in the Acacia tree, Terence has finally sussed out that he has to fend for himself... even if his "Dad" so to speak, is there if needed...

3 slobbering dogs (Crikes... I could have added "and a partridge in a pear tree"...)... the household animals in general... (including the new addition called "PIGLET" (thread coming up)... who have actually become quite indifferent as Terence is quite an expert now at flying and pooing on pooches and cats heads...

Terence thinks I can fly so perches as high as possible and squawks his head off for food... I told him to bugger off and fend for himself as I do not have wings growing out of my back... which he has done... Now we have a residential crow that says coucou every day...

Bless mother nature...

Kindest respects

Rodinus
edit on
edit on 23/6/14 by Rodinus because: Phrase changed due to eye problems
extra DIV

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 04:17 AM
link   

Ah, flying the coop eh?

Jolly good show!

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 01:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

Ah, flying the coop eh?

Jolly good show!

Yep indeed...

Just a little feedback before I hit my Summer hibernation period away from the heat :

Terence is eating us out of house and home as HE only prefers chicken breast...

What is great is that he now plods around the garden with the dogs and cats and no-one bats an eyelid... BUT... you can feel the tension
... especially when he pops over to the dogs and cats food bowls and helps himself or #s in them...

Kindest respects

Rod

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Rod you sir, as much as it pains me to say it, are a gentle soul with a gift for animals. Except snails, snails you don't do very well

Terry's looking magnificent

Not as magnificent as Mrs R but magnificent none the less, I'll get the recipe book out mate

Cody

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 07:39 AM
link   
a reply to: cody599

Thanks Cody... Nothing else to say....

This morning at 05:00 am Mrs R whilst chained to the kitchen sink mumbled something... so of course I had to get up whilst trying to enjoy my morning cup of tea that she had just prepared to see what she was probably complaining about...

It turned out that the chain had not become all tangled up as I first thought, but that she had observed something strange in the kennel where we keep one of our hunting dogs... Gilou... remember the Womble?

It turns out that Terence and Gilou have become great mates and that Gilou lets Terence eat out of his bowl...

Not only that, but now Terence has made it a habit to plod around in-between all animals... Dogs and cats alike... and has made himself quite at home thank you very much...

I have asked Rod Jr to try and film them all during the Summer holidays so should be quite a laugh once that is posted.

Warmest respects

Rodinus

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Guess he's not going anywhere then ?
I had a friend make a pet of a blue Jay. He even smoked her cigaretts. He would pick them up out of the ash tray. He never flew properly. He was an indoor bird. a reply to: Rodinus

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 10:55 AM
link   

I look forward to meeting him, hopefully later in the year, you did keep the spare chains for Mrs C didn't you mate ?

Cody

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 08:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: AutumnWitch657
Guess he's not going anywhere then ?
I had a friend make a pet of a blue Jay. He even smoked her cigaretts. He would pick them up out of the ash tray. He never flew properly. He was an indoor bird. a reply to: Rodinus

Nope... unless the visiting fox gets to him first...

Kindest respects

Rod

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 08:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: cody599

I look forward to meeting him, hopefully later in the year, you did keep the spare chains for Mrs C didn't you mate ?

Cody

You will mate...

Sorry for not going onto the other threads for the moment but I cannot handle some of the hidden drama that goes on there...

The chains have been oiled up as well as the frying pans and ironing board

Erm... by the way... Is Mrs C swimming across this time as I found an arm band under the bed?

Kindest respects

Rodinus

PS. Extra info : do not mail me on my pro email from the 19th July until 8th of August as all my mails are being redirected to my colleague

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Local predators. What can you do except try to keep him safe. A Fox will do what a Fox will do. Around here it's eagles and hawks. a reply to: Rodinus

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: AutumnWitch657
Local predators. What can you do except try to keep him safe. A Fox will do what a Fox will do. Around here it's eagles and hawks. a reply to: Rodinus

It is quite funny how 12 bore shotguns and foxes do not go quite well together?

Especially when I am trying to protect my "tribe"...

Kindest respects

Rodinus

By the way... Terence has now taken it upon himself to peck at my office window and say hello every day at least 3 times a day...

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 09:37 AM
link   
wrong thread, my apologies

edit on 6/10/2014 by Rainbowresidue because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join