It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A postive American thread!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 04:12 PM
link   
It would have been extremely difficult for Russia to have beaten Nazi Germany on its own, considering that without the supplies alone the great offensives and the blunting on the Nazi invasion would have been hard. Even though Stalin was a madman and killed many more than Hitler, he kind of bashed things around and got the job done on his end. Britain's ingenuity and bravery during the Battle of Britain was their finest hour imo. The escape at Dunkirk was also quite clever, although the Germans basically allowed this to happen, even though the escape was barely pulled off. It was not a horrible German decision to halt the invasion forces, but it was a costly one. One of the downsides to spearheading an invasion with a fast-moving armored force...you outrun everyone else.

Neither Britain nor Russia could have won on their own, but neither could the US. The US could have won in the Pacific, but establishing a beachhead in France alone would have been next to impossible. Even if they did establish it on their own, it would have been difficult to maintain if Germany had overrun England. Actually it would have been impossible to even establish a beachhead if Britain had lost air superiority and Operation Sealion had been initiated. You cannot attack France when you don't control England. So suffice it to say that the allied effort was just that....It was an allied victory, and without each other it would not have been possible. Anyway, back to the main point of this thread...The moon landings were pretty cool.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Ewok,

Thanks for this. I appreciate it more coming from you. You won some major points in my book for the sentiment.

Have a good one.

Hold it down.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 08:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: tadaman

Ewok,

Thanks for this. I appreciate it more coming from you. You won some major points in my book for the sentiment.

Have a good one.

Hold it down.

No worries I think sometime we forget that its the governments not the people that do the negative things and that the American people do have a lot of very impressive achievements.

Its a shame this is only on page 2. It seems negative threads only get the interest

edit on 12-6-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 10:29 AM
link   
These are the sentiments that make governments tremble in their boots Mr Ewok.

I have to be brief, but you get the idea. The POPULACE of each country understanding its not a pissing contest between countries and waking up to the reality we are all in this sinking ship, countries and invisible territorial lines are all a construct by control freaks, and that :
we are fed a line of bullcrap fro birth. Culture, Language, money, birth status,financial status, religion are normal things but wrongly and devilishly used to divide us and we have bought into it. Us and them... among the USs. LOL! We are fools. They must laugh at our foolishness constantly.

Its surely an Us and Them.. but them are the overseers.

Do you know how to keep slaves in line? Divide them. Make some house slaves with certain benefits, some field workers with much less benefits, and some locked in a shed for mnor infractions to be harmed or to die to remnd the other segments what is possible if they dont play the game. You create divisions among them. THATS how you control a populace. Thats how you control a WORLD.

We are all still fighting eachother and there are murmers of world wars and etc. I cant imagine why it isnt widely accepted that the one world govt isnt in the future, its already established and running.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Advantage

Few more from me.

Startrek!

Jeans

Florida! (I love Florida)

Rock and roll

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I'll just add this to a very good thread. (friendly nod to Ewok)

America isn't Washington and it isn't the DHS or Government. This is America out where I live and what I saw personally across 15 years of driving across the roads this video flys over. Enjoy the real America, as I see it.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wrabbit2000
I'll just add this to a very good thread. (friendly nod to Ewok)

America isn't Washington and it isn't the DHS or Government. This is America out where I live and what I saw personally across 15 years of driving across the roads this video flys over. Enjoy the real America, as I see it.

There is one thing the USA does over the UK, EU and is only rivaled by places in Asia and South America and that's its landscape! I don't think any county has the same varying degree of terrain and climate. Mountains to vast plains and below freezing tundras to deserts, that's a pretty epic mixture.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Are jeans not (gasp) french in origin?

De Nime etc?

ETA:

The word "denim" comes from the name of a fabric that was first made in the city of Nîmes, France, by the André family. It was originally called serge de Nîmes but the name was soon shortened to "denim."

Denim has been used in the United States since the late 18th century.[2][3]

Denim was traditionally colored blue with indigo dye to make blue jeans, although "jean" formerly denoted a different, lighter, cotton fabric. The contemporary use of the word "jean" comes from the French word for Genoa, Italy (Gênes),[1] where the first denim trousers were made.

wiki on denim

edit on 12-6-2014 by skalla because: (no reason given)

2nd ETA: i'm worried for you Ewok, you've clearly had a bump on the bonce and should get down the hozzy, pronto.
edit on 12-6-2014 by skalla because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
a reply to: Advantage

Few more from me.

Startrek!

Jeans

Florida! (I love Florida)

Rock and roll

Yeah yeah, I was being too serious .LMAO!! Been one of those days!

Mount Rushmore!!!

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Ok, i have a killer one i hope.

Heinz Tomato(e) Ketchup.

F~~~ it's good! Helping bland food taste bloody awesome since 1902 or somesuch.

Beat that.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Dr pepper... since 1885. Nectar of the Gods.. the gods of kidney stones and fluoride heads.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 04:11 PM
link   
I'll play.

Joss Whedon and

Mura

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 04:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mura44
I'll play.

Joss Whedon and

Mura

No! You brought the heartache up again

edit on 12-6-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 12:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
No! You brought the heartache up again

I'm so sorry. I'm a noobie here so I didn't know...... did I break the T&C's mentioning this?

Yes, the pain lingers on

But it IS American and it is wonderful.

Mura

top topics

<< 1   >>

join