It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A postive American thread!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Ok American has and is doing some crappy things in the world at the moment. A it gets a lot of flak on ATS.

But hey I thought lets make a positive thread for once!

Here my list:

Moon landings. Enough said really a amazing accomplishment!

Flight! Cant really argue that one of the most valuable contributions to the modern age!

The internet! seeing as we are using it right now no one can deny its contribution to our lives!

Ok it may not be as fancy as the above, but all I can say is thank you America!

The movie that defined my childhood. Certainly for me a great American contribution.

So post your things.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 09:03 AM
link   
I thought the Atari was pretty mad in the day. I know computer games haven't really caught on but you never know there could be revival and if so I'm ready for you this time you bastard asteroids
edit on 11-6-2014 by generalspecific because: must be filled out

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Brutal horsepower and hotrods.

and New Orleans - awesome town, awesome people.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 09:33 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 09:53 AM
link   
The fact that we as Americans are NOT speaking German or Japanese.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 09:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Battleline

Remember it was UK/Russia/ USA team effort that did that not a 100% American achievement.

Lets not start any USA won WW2 single handed BS.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Whats wrong with world speaking German or Japanese?

You act like those language would be bad.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 10:10 AM
link   

No, I did not mean that, you were looking for good things America has done and entering WW2 and giving up thousands of American lives' seems to me to be a good thing.

For the sake of no BS do you think the UK and Russia would have won on there own ??

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 10:13 AM
link   

No, I did not mean that, you were looking for good things America has done and entering WW2 and giving up thousands of American lives' seems to me to be a good thing.

The point of the thread was to be a things the US accomplished on its own , not a nationalistic rar rar who won WW2 thread....

For the sake of no BS do you think the UK and Russia would have won on there own ??

don't know.

Britain had beaten the German invasion before the USA entered in the battle of Britain so I think a stalemate was very much possible for the UK.

But the USA wouldn't have been able to win without the help of Russia and the UK either.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 10:26 AM
link   

I saw nothing in your Op that stated America on its own.

You are the one that is making this a RA RA war thing.

So much for your "positive thread "...more like a satire.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Peanut Butter.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 11:08 AM
link   

The aircraft for sure. They've created the B-52, the SR-71, The F-117, the B-2, the F-22, The JSF- not to mention the rest.

And speaking of Star Wars- who can forget that legendary American composer John Williams, whose composed the most memorable soundtracks in cinema history such as Jaws, Jurassic Park, Indiana Jones, etc. And then there's George Lucas, who's Industrial Light and Magic and Skywalker sound changed the way movies and video games were made.

edit on 11-6-2014 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 11:11 AM
link   

I can think of a few reasons to stand up and salute the great American flag
One

Two

Three

edit on 11-6-2014 by HardCorps because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: HardCorps

I can think of a few reasons to stand up and salute the great American flag
One

Two

Three

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 12:21 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   
THE BILL OF RIGHTS

Amendment I

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Amendment II

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Amendment III

No Soldier shall, in time of peace be quartered in any house, without the consent of the Owner, nor in time of war, but in a manner to be prescribed by law.

Amendment IV

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

Amendment V

No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a Grand Jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the Militia, when in actual service in time of War or public danger; nor shall any person be subject for the same offence to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation.

Amendment VI

In all criminal prosecutions, the accused shall enjoy the right to a speedy and public trial, by an impartial jury of the State and district wherein the crime shall have been committed, which district shall have been previously ascertained by law, and to be informed of the nature and cause of the accusation; to be confronted with the witnesses against him; to have compulsory process for obtaining witnesses in his favor, and to have the Assistance of Counsel for his defence.

Amendment VII

In Suits at common law, where the value in controversy shall exceed twenty dollars, the right of trial by jury shall be preserved, and no fact tried by a jury, shall be otherwise re-examined in any Court of the United States, than according to the rules of the common law.

Amendment VIII

Excessive bail shall not be required, nor excessive fines imposed, nor cruel and unusual punishments inflicted.

Amendment IX

The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.

Amendment X

The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Inventing the GPS system and opening it for civilian use by turning selective availability off.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Nationalities and all that does nothing but get in the way of the greater good. And the greater is good is working together as one community on a global scale. Keeping and remembering culture,history, and traditions is what keeps the Brit alive!

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: HardCorps

LMAO. I should've seen that coming--pretty girls in US flag bikinis. You're hiarious, HardsCorps.

What's great about the US? I want to make a shout out to our amazing variety of restaurants here--Greek, Thai, Italian, Japanese, Chinese, Mexican, Mediterranean, French bakeries (oooooooo), and more for making eating just awesome here.

God bless America for giving us so many culinary offerings. (And yeah, I may or may not be US flag bikini worthy because of that lol).

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Moon landing...
And we have not been back in almost 50 years, for what???
We scrap NASA's budget so we can genocide brown people...
Muricuh.
I used to see our space program as something magical, but bad men killed it with a pen...

<<   2 >>

join