It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Volkswagen - Eyes on the road a short video that hopefully will make some one think

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 10:00 PM
link   
What I can't figure out is how did they mass-text everyone in the theater? Don't you have to have a phone number or email address of the recipient to text someone?

Otherwise anybody would be able to mass-text the entire planet all at once. And if that could be done, I'm sure it would have happened already by some ad agency or something.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 10:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Shadoefax

Maybe they advertised a free showing of a film but to get tickets you had to give information including your cell number.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 10:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Shadoefax

I sort of doubt it was 100% legit, but it did make a really good point. Usually there are only 10 jackasses that leave their phones on at the theater. I'm also pretty sure it's highly illegal to use that kind of device in most countries (at least it is with jammers).

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 10:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Korg Trinity

originally posted by: Meldionne1
That was awesome! They should do that in more movie theaters! I hate when people are driving and on the phone. they are just as bad as drunk drivers, and they always swerve beside you as if they're going to side swipe you. ....

Trouble is now this has gone viral, it wouldn't have the same effect. It was the shock factor that will burn the message into those unsuspecting people.

I wonder though at how they had those peoples mobile numbers....

Peace,

Korg.

I wondered. The same thing about all the phones ringing at once?
edit on 11-6-2014 by Meldionne1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 10:52 PM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky
I see the same thing with people on bicycles here...riding their beach cruiser while texting and not looking up.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Dear 727Sky

I am guessing that you live in Thailand as do I.

I loved the video I think if shown in enough it stands a chance of some success.

On the subject of driving in Thailand for me it has made me a better driver. I come from the UK where the road laws are strictly enforced with heavy penalties. There if you are going through the lights on GREEN you do not expect anything coming through on RED while here in Thailand it is the norm. Therefore you are looking for it at all times. The time you do not is the time they get you.

I drive a truck and more often than not a 1200CC motorcycle, while living here I have been hit on the motorcycle while stopped at the RED lights twice. One of these time was because the driver of the pick up that hit me in the rear was on the phone. What joy.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 11:52 PM
link   
The arthouse movie theatre I go to request people (mostly bit older or alternative people) to shut off their phones. The commercially inclined Hollywood movie theatre I almost never visit (crap) but recently did mentions you can text or app when there's trouble in the room...this theatre is visited by the youngsters that cycle here in town with that same stupid thing in their hands. It's a disease.

Good add.
edit on 11-6-2014 by Richardus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 01:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Meldionne1
That was awesome! They should do that in more movie theaters! I hate when people are driving and on the phone. they are just as bad as drunk drivers, and they always swerve beside you as if they're going to side swipe you. ....

Nobody is going to point out how the heck they were able to get everyone phone numbers..........It is sad that so many miss the big picture. I guess in this short attention span world what can you expect.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 01:44 AM
link   
I'm on the road almost every day usually to and from a jobsite and I can't stand how some people are so stupid with their phones. I see it a lot and it really makes me angry knowing how many people's lives get put in danger because some idiot needs to know what some other idiot is up to when the first idiot should be focused on keeping his 2000+ pound vehicle from crashing into someone else. It's right up there with drunk driving imo.
edit on 12-6-2014 by Slickinfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 02:19 AM
link   
a reply to: MAC269

Yes you look out for the worse possible outcome in driving situations and become pleasantly surprised when it does not happen after all.. In the states you expect people to maintain lane integrity and it is really a big surprise when you see someone going the wrong way down a road.. I have never driven in town around here where there was not a motorcycle going the wrong way against traffic.. Many times it is because there are no turn arounds for a couple of kilos so everyone seems to accept it. Some of the bike riders are really good at one handing it while having what seems to be an animated discussion on their cell phones. Better than the drivers of cars which seem to be in their very own world when talking..

In some ways it really is safer because you are expecting and anticipating other peoples intentions.. I can put up with most of that stuff.... what bothers me about as much as anything is "many do not park" they just stop driving even if on a narrow two lane road.. You get two vehicles that do that and (of course the will park abeam of each other) which can stop all by the skinniest scooter from continuing down the road... Even my wife who is a local national has unpleasant things to say about their ancestors and them in particular when they block an entire road to buy some fish sauce or whatever .

Either a small car or motorcycle is the way to get around in town... The truck I try to avoid town with..

An "Choke Dee na Cop"

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Dear 727Sky

I live in Rayong Province not too far from Pattaya. One of the tricks that they do around here is to cross the raised central reservation on there scooters, as you say to avoid the 2KM trek to the next U turn point. This is incredibly dangerous especially after dark. As you know it is illegal for a motorcycle to drive in the fast lane unless turning right. But apart from the above practice I find the slow lane far too dangerous to be worried about Thai legalities.

In Pattaya I find myself amassed that I can get from one end to the other without finding one of these scooters under the front wheels of my truck. Just about the only possible way to drive there it to maintain your direction and let them wiz about you any which way they feel like. Simply because if you try to avoid one, you will surely get one or two others. The only consolation is that at this time they are not rich enough to be able to afford a car. However this time will come soon and nobody will be going anywhere then. Pattaya already resembles Bangkok as regards traffic on many occasions when they become rich enough to afford a car Pattaya will just be one big car park.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join