It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Volkswagen - Eyes on the road a short video that hopefully will make some one think

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 07:12 AM
link   
The Video is set at a movie theater where through some neat electronic means the movie goers are sent a text message. Well done video and it would be neat if all beginning drivers could think about what might happen.. Problem is many young people think only bad stuff happens to other people and not them because they are smarter and know better..

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 07:27 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

G,day mate. wow i liked that.
the coppers have a road blitz on at the moment down here in south australia.
they are targeting drivers using mobile phones and fining them $200 plus.
now that would be an expensive bloody phone call

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Excellent way to teach and get the point across . It happens that easy in real life . a reply to: 727Sky

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Whoever came up with that idea was a feking Genius!

Peace,

Korg.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 07:36 AM
link   
A dramatic demonstration. Simple genius for sure.

Police here use this on light signs:

Flash: TEXT and DRIVE
Flash: TEXT and D I E

Eyes on the road, peoples!

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 07:40 AM
link   
That was awesome! They should do that in more movie theaters! I hate when people are driving and on the phone. they are just as bad as drunk drivers, and they always swerve beside you as if they're going to side swipe you. ....

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 07:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: pronto

G,day mate. wow i liked that.
the coppers have a road blitz on at the moment down here in south australia.
they are targeting drivers using mobile phones and fining them $200 plus.
now that would be an expensive bloody phone call

I wish they would do that here! ...I remember the old days when you had to drive to a pay phone if you needed to call someone, and smoking and eating was the distraction behind the wheel.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 07:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Meldionne1
That was awesome! They should do that in more movie theaters! I hate when people are driving and on the phone. they are just as bad as drunk drivers, and they always swerve beside you as if they're going to side swipe you. ....

Trouble is now this has gone viral, it wouldn't have the same effect. It was the shock factor that will burn the message into those unsuspecting people.

I wonder though at how they had those peoples mobile numbers....

Peace,

Korg.

edit on 11-6-2014 by Korg Trinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 07:49 AM
link   
I've always thought that Drivers Ed should hammer home the fact that a vehicle is a very lethal weapon if not handled properly.
I also think all young people learning to drive should be required to watch videos of car accidents before getting their license would also be of great benefit.
Few people agree with scare tactics, but it might be better to damage their little psyche's than to be burring so many people because of the 'invincible' complex.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 07:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: nugget1
I've always thought that Drivers Ed should hammer home the fact that a vehicle is a very lethal weapon if not handled properly.
I also think all young people learning to drive should be required to watch videos of car accidents before getting their license would also be of great benefit.
Few people agree with scare tactics, but it might be better to damage their little psyche's than to be burring so many people because of the 'invincible' complex.

You need to have confidence to drive a car well... showing horrific accidents would create a generation of scared to death drivers... very dangerous.

However, that said especially of the young who have no understanding of their own mortality let alone the mortality of others... New drivers should be limited to engine size and car type.

Too many times have I seen idiotic teens with massively souped up vehicles, with little understanding of how to drive them other than playing GTA5.

Peace,

Korg.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 08:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Meldionne1

You should see some of the young Bucks and Bucketes driving the scooters/motorcycles one handed using a mobile while weaving in and out of traffic around here.. Natural selection is alive and well.. It really is amazing ... They do have a helmet law that is enforced until about 17:30 ... Kids are out of school and home by then and the cops are hungry so, "It is helmet off time" for many.. The fine is ($6 US) if caught.. That can be kinda expensive if mom and dad plus (the most I have seen on one bike was 5) their 3 kids all are not wearing a helmet.. In the country you very seldom see a helmet worn.. Yet it seems everyone has a cell phone..

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 10:50 AM
link   
I'm glad Volkswagen is getting the word out; you should NEVER text in a movie theater. I hate when people do that!

In all seriousness, great ad.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Amazing!

If that doesn't get the message across, nothing will. The looks on the faces of those answering their iPhones is just precious.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: masqua

Really effective advert.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Once it goes viral the shock value will dissappear, but the harsh message is still there. I've never used my phone while driving. It's always on silent and i'll take a glance when i'm stopped at traffic lights. I wouldn't answer it. If I did i'll pull over.
I'm afraid we're in a world where people just can't put there phones down. It's stuck to them 24/7.

Hopefully something like this will be shown worldwide.
edit on 11-6-2014 by rhynouk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: rhynouk

I hope it's shown worldwide as well, but in theatres the same as the video shows.

Every time I pay up to $10 to watch a movie, there's always a group close by with their handheld screens lit up. I doubt very much they're turned off while the adverts are playing. To be able to call every cell in the theatre and have the crash happen on the big screen when they answer is great lesson.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 04:17 PM
link   

It sure does get the point across. Great reminder for all, despite how contrived the video is in order to appear real. After all, nobody turns off their phones in Hong Kong movie theatres? It may not be as dangerous as texting and driving but it sure is annoying and rude.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 04:22 PM
link   
I have never had a problem talking and driving. Why? Because I place more importance on driving than on talking or listening. I am constantly asking "what did you say" because I just stop listening to the person if I have to do anything other than just drive in a straight line. I have seen some crazy stuff with people on the phone. I had a guy run right into the side of my car while he was on the phone.

I was driving in a large hospital parking lot, one of those that is really confusing, and I have the right of way. There is a cross street and they have a stop sign. I am going through the intersection because I don't have a stop sign, and this guy doesn't stop and just plows right into my side. Talk about an impact, and we weren't going that fast. It spun the back end of my car around. And I see him on the phone right before he hits me. Then he actually says to me "I didn't see you."

All these Texas A&M students around where I live are just dumb. Some of the worst drivers I've ever seen in my life, and I've driven in large cities including Houston and Manhattan. That is saying something about just how bad I'm talking about. Although things have gotten a little better for some reason around here. Maybe the stupid ones are killing themselves off.
edit on 6/11/14 by JiggyPotamus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity
Hopefully will make them all think twice.

Great post OP.

Rebel 5

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Great idea and cleverly executed. Ever notice it takes forever to get going on a green light? That's because some of the cars ahead of you are to busy texting to see the change to green!!! GGGRRRRrrrrr!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join