It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Father Shoots Two Thugs Attempting Home Invasion.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 05:32 AM
link   
www.yahoo.com...

There you go you anti-gun nuts. I guess the father could have used his fists or a baseball bat against these cowards right?

Before you spew your anti-gun rhetoric saying "well if the criminals never had guns..." ....criminals will always have guns. You think the guns they have now are legal?

Thank God this guy had a firearm. Who knows how far those two little thugs would have taken the home invasion?

People, STOP BLAMING FIREARMS!!!!

People are to blame, not guns. I'm a responsible owner of two firearms. I fire them often at an indoor range. One is a 12-gauge shotgun. The other, which I purchased a few months ago, is an HK MP5 in .22, I use it for plinking and target shooting. Few things are more fun to me.

People see that MP5 and think "ooooh that looks too scary for a civilian to own, along with those evil ARs."

They're semi-automatic. One trigger pull, one bullet down range. MANY of us who own these types of firearms do so because we enjoy target shooting. It's a hobby.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 05:46 AM
link   
a reply to: oldetimehockey4

This is just another one of those stories where there are many variables its impossible to say what could or would have happened if anything was different.
Yeah the father and mother could of used baseball bats or what not, But the criminals had guns and i doute baseball bats or anything alike would of done anything useful.
I do believe the intruders got what they had coming, They were threatening to kill the daugter and attempting to invade the house where a 5 year old child was present....unlucky for them it seems the father was a good shot.

You come in to my house and ill do the same to protect my family.
This outcome could of been alot worse if the father and mother didnt make there move.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 05:54 AM
link   

um....dude...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Before you spew your anti-gun rhetoric saying "well if the criminals never had guns..." ....criminals will always have guns. You think the guns they have now are legal?

Let's play devils advocate here. The ones they have now were legal at one time, and made for the legal market. If there were 0 guns produced in the country it would be much harder for them to get their hands on one vs. having easy access to them. 14 year olds are carrying in a lot of cities.

A 14 year old gang banger might be able to buy a gun on the street and figure out how to shoot it, but less likely able to fabricate his own from scratch.

Back to the case:

The father asked that we not use his name.

The man he shot and killed was Terrell Johnson, 31, of St. Louis. The second suspect, who the father says was wearing a mask, is Cortez McClinton, 33, also of St. Louis.

The bullets didn’t just hit the two men. Another one went all the way across the street, into the home of Jessica Swartz.

In this case everything worked out for girl and the family, but a bullet still went across, into a neighbours house.

If absolutely everyone owned guns and carried, you just end up with the old west. Romanticized plenty in the movies, but plenty of drawbacks to it too...

Something also left from the story is why? Police won't say if it was a targeted attack or not. I know everyone wants to believe that criminals sit around in their bad guy fortress under an abandoned train tunnel, concocting new ways to commit the same old crimes, etc. but a lot of time there is more to the story, and the "innocent" people might be involved with them beforehand somehow.

*Not saying that is the case with this story, but it's always a possibility.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 06:09 AM
link   

can you get of your soap box and explain what actually happened ?

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Mods, did not see the other thread. Please delete.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Old West ya say.....
Lot less shooting back then when everyone carried.
Look it up sometime.

Simple ruels to live by.
If you don't want to be shot... Don't break in my house.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 07:41 AM
link   

When some drunk driver runs a bus full of nuns off a cliff you don't ever hear anyone say.

Ban alcohol & ban cars!!!!

Never.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Please add comments to the existing thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

join