It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two Armed Men Use Daughter As Human Shield — Until Her Father Guns Them Down

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+23 more 
posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 11:52 PM
link   
This happened on Monday night.

news.yahoo.com...

A couples daughter walked outside of the home to retrieve some items from her car. As she was walking, 2 men with masks and guns grabbed her and used her as a human shield to enter the home.

Cortez McClinton, 33, and Terrell Johnson, 31, held a gun to the girl’s head and used her as a shield as they entered the family home, where a five-year old child was also present.

The girl’s father and mother witnessed the abduction, and both retrieved their guns. When McClinton and Johnson entered, the father fired several shots, hitting both men. The girl’s mother fired one shot but missed.

Johnson died at the scene. McClinton was wounded but was able to scramble off. He had his brother take him to the hospital.

The father is definitely one heck of a great and fast shot. One of the thugs was killed immediately, and the other was shot in the chest and also both legs. Even after getting shot 3 times, he still managed to run away.

Here's another source with more information.

www.stltoday.com... html

The second man, Cortez McClinton, 33, was standing behind Johnson when Johnson was shot. McClinton pointed a gun inside the doorway and also was shot. McClinton then ran away and got his brother to transport him to a hospital, police said. He was treated for gunshot wounds to the chest and both thighs.

Also, since this was a felony in progess, the second guy is getting charged with the murder of his fellow thug.

McClinton, of the 3100 block of Pennsylvania Avenue, was charged with second-degree murder (also called felony murder), kidnapping, burglary and armed criminal action. McClinton’s cash bail was set at $1 million.

Just a bit of the background of the thug that's still alive.

In May 2010, McClinton was charged with fatally shooting Bryan Reed, 28, the previous month. Reed was sitting with a friend in a car April 24 in the 3700 block of Minnesota Avenue about 12:40 a.m. when a gunman approached and shot Reed several times.

Good guys 1 Thugs 0

+4 more 
posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Good riddance. It's a shame one of them lived. Glad the children didn't get hurt.

+6 more 
posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 12:05 AM
link   
So Dumb and Dumber became Dead and Doing time for that too?

I love a situation that ends so well. Kudos to the whole family by the sound of it!

+32 more 
posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Why is it the the gun haters never bring up these types of articles? This is just reason #1,632 why having a gun for your personal protection is a good idea.

I guess these parents could have quivered in a corner waiting for police to come and rescue them by throwing a flash grenade in the face of one of the two children. All the while hoping that the hostage takers would rape mom for a bit longer before moving on to one of the kids. That's what a good citizen would have done. This family had no business saving themselves.
edit on 6/11/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 12:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

Because I've never heard of one before....

Not being a gun hater just a gun realist, I can say I'm happy they missed their daughter.

+9 more 
posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 12:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: FyreByrd

Not being a gun hater just a gun realist, I can say I'm happy they missed their daughter.

It's not a real rare occurrence :

www.breitbart.com...

www.wral.com...

usatoday30.usatoday.com...

abcnews.go.com...

www.myfoxphoenix.com...

www.foxcarolina.com...

I am glad they missed their daughter as well.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Why is it the the gun haters never bring up these types of articles? This is just reason #1,632 why having a gun for your personal protection is a good idea.

Agreed. Self defense and home/family defense shootings actually happen quite frequently. However, they generally never make it to the national news level.

Most of these shootings are centered around local news outlets only. Using my local news outlets for example (DFW area), every few days there's another self defense shooting story on one of the local news stations evening news report. Sometimes they're not even recorded onto their websites, just the news segments on TV.

The OP one was buried under a bunch of other articles when I found it. Im surprised I even saw it.

ETA - Just saw your second post in here, and it further proves this. Those stories are local news stations reporting, or a bigger news station links back to the original local news stations article.

The Briebart article links back to a Columbus, OH news station, WRAL is Raleigh, Durham, Fayetteville, NC. The ABC article links back to KOCO of Oklahoma City. MyFoxPheonix and FoxCarolina are self explanitory
edit on 11-6-2014 by buni11687 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 12:30 AM
link   
wow...Cortez McClinton....

that sounds like a character out of a cheezy 80's action film...

on topic....two less scumbags walking the streets..

+2 more 
posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 12:31 AM
link   
a reply to: buni11687

I think they try to bury it most of the time. Stories like these do not bode well for all of those screaming about super strict new gun laws. People might hear these stories and change their minds about being able to help themselves and we can't have that now can we?

ETA - That 3 of the articles I listed are near me. It was covered locally which is why I could find the links so easily. You rarely do hear it on any of the huge MSM stations. Unless of course the story stands out more than usual.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Great news. I am so happy this ended well. Thank God for American guns.

+4 more 
posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 12:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: FyreByrd

Remember gun control is hitting your target, rather it's a piece of paper or two hoodlums holding one of your children. Since they did the public such a good service I am offering to replace their ammo free for future engagement of thug elimination.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 01:13 AM
link   

It's not a real rare occurrence

Another side note to mention in regards to this - It's almost impossible to find direct statistics on self defense shootings. There's really only "estimates" out there, and there's not really too many of those "estimates" to go off of.

Here's a wiki article that covers these.

en.wikipedia.org...

Estimates over the number of defensive gun uses vary, depending on the study's population, criteria, time-period studied, and other factors. Higher end estimates by Kleck and Gertz show between 1 to 2.5 million DGUs in the United States each year. Low end estimates cited by Hemenway show approximately 55,000-80,000 such uses each year. Middle estimates have estimated approximately 1 million DGU incidents in the United States.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Well...It is rare compared to that "30 people" a day gets killed by gun violence in the US.

Not a gun hater just saying

In this case i agree it's a happy and lucky ending.
edit on 11-6-2014 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 01:24 AM
link   
a reply to: FyreByrd

"I can say I'm happy they missed their daughter."

We can all say the same. That would have been tragic. Thank goodness his aim was true. In that situation you have to weigh the options. The whole family could have been killed.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 01:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mianeye

Well...It is rare compared to that "30 people" a day gets killed by gun violence in the US.

Not a gun hater just saying

In this case i agree it's a happy and lucky ending.

My husband could eat a pound of bacon twice a day and I could eat a pound of bacon once every other day. While my bacon eating regimen could be considered rare compared to his bacon eating regimen... In and of itself my consumption of said greasy goodness would still not be rare in the grand scheme of things.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 01:57 AM
link   

I just came across this article and was gonna post it till I saw you did already.

A good example of how this is suppose to work. Even better that the police and the PA aren't playing politics with the situation.

I was looking around online for some incidents involving the 2nd amendment and came across an interesting video that featured, of all people, chuck woolery.

While he was addressing some of the issues anti gun groups make he pointed something out.

Those groups argue that the 2nd amendment was never intended to apply to assault weapons. He pointed out that if we interpret the Constitution in that manner then the 1st amendment, specifically religion, was never intended to apply to islam or Baptists etc etc (paraphrased by me)

He makes some very good arguments -

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 02:17 AM
link   

No...But you could easily change that in to.

My husband could eat a pound of bacon twice a day and I could eat a pound of bacon once every week or month.

And then it becomes rare in the grand scheme of things

+4 more 
posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 02:36 AM
link   
I notice the anti gunners are avoiding this thread like the plague....
Well antigunners, come say something, make yourselves look stupid!!!

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 02:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: HomerinNC

Don't turn it into this BS please, it's not needed.

It's not a pissing contest, both sides have some good arguments and of course some bad.
edit on 11-6-2014 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

+7 more 
posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 03:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: HomerinNC

The US should get rid of all guns so we can stab each other quietly like in more civilized countries.Like England with 28,000 stabbings last year.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join