Three people injured after 'brazen' shooting in Vancouver

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
a reply to: Psynic

2/3s of all firearm related deaths are suicides. Not murders.

Murder via firearms happens to roughly 8000 people per year.

Here you go

www.abovetopsecret.com...

You're welcome to check on my numbers.

So what are you calling Sandy Hoax, Isla Vista and the Wal Mart shootings?

Murders or suicides?

I fail to see the distinction you are trying to make.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: MurgatroidI'm not sure it's the cops yelling or the gunman. It sounds like, America, America. Between :17 and :20.

(post by TKDRL removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Shadow22
Sounds eerily similar to the US. Most the violence comes from street gangs in the liberal metropolis areas, where guns are heavily restricted. Yeah, I stick to the country myself lol. And yay for no registry, goobermint don't get to know about my guns

edit on Wed, 11 Jun 2014 12:26:38 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Psynic

originally posted by: rockflier

And that includes the 60% that are suicides.

Eliot Rodgers for example?

Interesting that he killed more without a gun than with a gun but everyone with an agenda fails to bring that up.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

2/3s of all firearm related deaths are suicides. Not murders.

Murder via firearms happens to roughly 8000 people per year.

Here you go

www.abovetopsecret.com...

You're welcome to check on my numbers.

So what are you calling Sandy Hoax, Isla Vista and the Wal Mart shootings?

Murders or suicides?

I fail to see the distinction you are trying to make.

What he is trying to explain to you is that when people pull out the number of "gun deaths" in the US, the vast majority are suicides, not homicides, and that the anti-gun rights people are being disingenuous with the numbers intentionally to make people think that 30K people are murdered by guns every year. You are almost twice as likely to be beaten to death with bear hands than you are to be murdered with a rifle of any type, but the hysteria of banning things goes to the rifles. It's disingenuous and even intentionally deceitful.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

As weird as it sounds, it sounds like he is saying "polarica" to me. Problem is there's a lot of echo because of the buildings. It could be, because the city is diverse in ethnicity, that one of the policemen were attempting to use another language since their attempts at English failed. I don't know.

Apparently, in this instance, it may have been as a tenant-landlord dispute as the shooter was recently evicted from the location.

bc.ctvnews.ca...

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: WhiteAlice
Apparently, in this instance, it may have been as a tenant-landlord dispute as the shooter was recently evicted from the location.

A couple of other sites say he was a former disgruntled employee.

Perhaps both are true and he worked there and lived above the bike shop...

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Murgatroid

originally posted by: WhiteAlice

A couple of other sites say he was a former disgruntled employee.

Perhaps both are true and he worked there and lived above the bike shop...

If it were both, that would've been a pretty heavy blow--losing residence and employment at the same time. In either case, the guy's response seem to be a pretty good indicator of why he might've been evicted, had his employment terminated or both if that's the case.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 04:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: NavyDoc

You are almost twice as likely to be beaten to death with bear hands than you are to be murdered with a rifle of any type, but the hysteria of banning things goes to the rifles.

I sincerely doubt that.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 04:23 PM
link   

You are almost twice as likely to be beaten to death with bear hands than you are to be murdered with a rifle of any type, but the hysteria of banning things goes to the rifles.

I sincerely doubt that.

You can doubt it, but that doesn't change the fact that its true. In any given year, the number of homicides committed with 'personal weapons' (defined as feet and fists) is usually a little more than twice the number as with a rifle of any type.
edit on 11-6-2014 by vor78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: g146541
I was under the impression that Canada had gun control on lockdown and like England nobody ever got shot there.

Right. We all live in igloos too.

Sorry.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 08:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: vor78

I sincerely doubt that.

You can doubt it, but that doesn't change the fact that its true. In any given year, the number of homicides committed with 'personal weapons' (defined as feet and fists) is usually a little more than twice the number as with a rifle of any type.

Since you feel the need to define the term "Personal Weapons" to me let me in turn define the term I highlighted in my post.

"Bear Hands" are commonly referred to as paws.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 09:51 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 06:18 PM
link   
He didn't define the term, the FBI did, right on their chart......
For those too lazy, or not smart enough to click the link and look at the chart:

You can right click, and view image to make it larger to read easier.
edit on Fri, 13 Jun 2014 18:24:21 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 08:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: TKDRL
He didn't define the term, the FBI did, right on their chart......
For those too lazy, or not smart enough

Here's what bear hands look annamiticus.com...
edit on -05:0021146112014-06-16T20:11:21-05:00 by Psynic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Oh hardee har, I get it now. You were just picking on him for using the wrong homonym spelling of bear, instead of bare, totally funny.
/sarcasm

edit on Fri, 20 Jun 2014 21:49:00 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join