It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Three people injured after 'brazen' shooting in Vancouver

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 10:45 PM
link   

A 52-year-old man is undergoing surgery following a “brazen” daytime shooting outside a Starbucks in downtown Vancouver.

A total of three people were injured as gunfire erupted in Vancouver’s Yaletown neighbourhood shortly after 11:30 a.m. on Tuesday.

Police responded to reports of gunshots, where they found the male victim seriously wounded.

the suspected gunman then fled the scene on bicycle, later exchanging gunfire with police outside a nearby science centre.

The 61-year-old shooter, also in surgery, sustained significant injuries but is in stable condition.

Montague confirmed a plainclothes officer had been injured by flying glass after her vehicle was shot at.

Three people injured after 'brazen' shooting in Vancouver

Another source

www.cbc.ca...

bc.ctvnews.ca...

Apparently its the first time something like this has happened in twenty years.

Montague described the daytime shooting in a busy area as “brazen.” “I’ve been a policeman for 20 years, I can’t recall anything similar happening in the last 20 years,” he said. “Quite disturbing, no doubt about it.”

t’s believed the shooting may have been triggered by a tenant-landlord dispute at the property.

edit on 10-6-2014 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-6-2014 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 10:48 PM
link   
a reply to: dug88

Well, its really sad, but I'm going to predict another shooting within the week.....

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 10:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Thisbseth

I hate to see this, considering what happened here in Las Vegas yesterday. Our friends to the north were VERY vocal about the state of our society here and how we are the "Wild West".

I wonder what their analysis of recent events in their country recently will be.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 10:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thisbseth
a reply to: dug88

Well, its really sad, but I'm going to predict another shooting within the week.....

Pretty safe bet considering 30,000 people die by gun annually in the US.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 10:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Psynic

And that includes the 60% that are suicides.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 11:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: rockflier

And that includes the 60% that are suicides.

Eliot Rodgers for example?

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 11:10 PM
link   

I fail to see what that has to do with statistics. He was a psycho. Or is that Psynic? The thing almost all those wackos have in common are psychotropic drugs.

Good evening to you. Bed time for the old man.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Below is YouTube video of the suspect fleeing on a bike while the police are shooting at him...

(It's a small video, click on the little box in the lower right corner to enlarge it)

Anyone know what the cops are yelling at 20 seconds?

Vancouver man Brandon Gowing heard gun shots while walking in Yaletown and began recording the below footage, capturing the moment the suspect fled. An exchange of gunfire behind the building led to the suspect being injured by a bullet, while a female officer suffered minor injuries when she was hit by flying glass when her car windows were shot out.
www.cbc.ca...

edit on 10-6-2014 by Murgatroid because: I felt like it..

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 11:12 PM
link   

2/3s of all firearm related deaths are suicides. Not murders.

Murder via firearms happens to roughly 8000 people per year.

Here you go

www.abovetopsecret.com...

You're welcome to check on my numbers.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 11:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

HOLY SNAP! did you see that Tesla whip out of there? Barely heard it.

I want one of those...

I was a few blocks away when it happened. I was confused because someone told me there was two separate shootings.
edit on 10-6-2014 by MALBOSIA because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Looks like another hero is involved here:

When Dr. Clifford Chase saw Paul Dragan lying bleeding outside a Yaletown Starbucks, he didn't think the shooting victim had much chance of survival. "He was not looking good. He was white, his tongue was white, he was unconscious. ... He really wasn't doing effective breathing," Chase said. Dragan, the 52-year-old owner of Reckless Bikes, was lying in a pool of blood after he was shot outside Starbucks.

The doctor, who worked in a Saskatoon emergency room for 25 years, estimated that Dragan lost between three and four litres of blood while he lay on the sidewalk. The average adult man has only five litres in his body. Chase lifted Dragan's shirt and inspected the man's torso, locating a six-inch, gaping wound on his back. The doctor knew that performing CPR would only cause blood to pump out of the injured man's body even faster, so he applied pressure to the wound and opened Dragan's airway until paramedics arrived to take him away.

www.vancouversun.com...

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 11:26 PM
link   
And yet I don't believe any of it. I know who my main suspects are.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 11:43 PM
link   

I hate to see this, considering what happened here in Las Vegas yesterday. Our friends to the north were VERY vocal about the state of our society here and how we are the "Wild West".

I wonder what their analysis of recent events in their country recently will be.

Well, I am quite sure they were polite about it. I expect the shooter said that he was sorry he had to shoot the victim, the victim probably said he was sorry that the shooter felt that way and the cop probably apologized for having her car in the path of the bullet to which the shooter probably said he was sorry, his hand was shaking.

People are nuts! And it's going to get worse as long as society and the economy keep sliding downhill.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Our friends to the north were VERY vocal about the state of our society here and how we are the "Wild West".

I'm not concerned because it seems to be targeted every time up here.

The Moncton shooter targeted the cops. This guy targeted the bike owner and then the cops shooting at him.
The gangs only target other gangs.

There has only been one random attack that resulted with a death in recent memory and that happened a couple blocks from where I live, but still no concern for myself personally.

Am I concerned for other Canadians? sure. but it is by no means dangerous in this country.
only pockets from time to time for the people who act out their risky behaviours knowingly
edit on 10-6-2014 by yourmaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 11:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Unity_99
And yet I don't believe any of it. I know who my main suspects are.

I'd like to know what you mean, like false flag to keep up the uneasy perpetual fear type thing?

Using this guy as a puppet for a grander scheme?
edit on 10-6-2014 by yourmaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 03:36 AM
link   
Is this a US city named Vancouver or?
Because I was under the impression that Canada had gun control on lockdown and like England nobody ever got shot there.
You guys are quickly on the verge of shattering my peaceful image of you.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 05:00 AM
link   

I think this one is the lesson we should take to heart -

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 11:14 AM
link   
This reminds me of something. Oh yes the UN WEAPONS BAN. I suspect all these events are being used to push that legislation.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Vancouver BC has lots of shootings and usually it is gang related and every single gun is ILLEGALLY owned and used. Handguns aren't allowed there and are pretty much a banned item in Canada. You can get one with tons of red tape and just transporting them require reporting and tracking.

BUT gang members could give a flying yeehah about those requirements!
This is not isolated in Vancouver no matter what the media there says. I know because I lived there for a decade. The gangs up there have illegal guns because the law is just a piece of paper some judge signed.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 11:32 AM
link   

I fail to see what that has to do with statistics. He was a psycho. Or is that Psynic? The thing almost all those wackos have in common are psychotropic drugs.

Good evening to you. Bed time for the old man.

Most of the mass shootings have ended in suicide.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join