It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We All Die: So Why is After-Death Investigation Such a Low Priority?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: aerial

Think of it as of a natural defense mechanism, the brain is trying to protect itself.

I wonder if Life is nothing more than a mere dream. Once you finally realize it,
you become the creator, just like in our lucid dreams.

Nearing Death= Nice dream = complete death = non existence afterwards perhaps.

Imagine the billions of people before us that died, now they dont

A Natural Defense Mechanism for Death? Brought on by years of evolutionary adaptation perhaps?

When a person has a major injury, the whole body and mind go into shock wherein they loose consciousness.
Why would evolutionary changes prepare you for death when lights out as the above would make more sense?

edit on 12-6-2014 by jacobe001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Toadmund

That's right, they did not die.

Incorrect...

There is no question about whether these people died or not.

George Rodonaia was in a morgue freezer for 3 days.

Dr. Richard Eby's skull was split in two with parts of his brain on the sidewalk, he had NO blood left in his body:

When he came back to a bloodless corpse in the hospital morgue, the athiest Doctor refused to believe he was alive and told him to 'shut up and don't give me any of that #' because he knew that Eby had been taken into the hospital as a totally bloodless dead body. - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Your argument is also completely destroyed by the fact that so many of these NDE's come back with irrefutable proof.

I've studied NDE's for years and a recurring theme is that these people many times come back with knowledge that they could have NEVER gotten unless they were in fact dead.

George Rodonaia and Betty Malz mentioned above are two obvious examples of this happening.

Four year old Colton Burpo's experience is another.

He met his mother’s miscarried child in Heaven that he didn't even know EXISTED.

He also met his grandfather there, who he had never known on Earth:

Four year old met his mother’s miscarried child in Heaven "Colton, still 4 years old, told his mother “you had a baby die in your tummy didn’t you”, which completely shocked them both because they had never told him about their miscarriage. They asked him how he knew and he said that he met his sister in Heaven and she told him what happened."

"Well he’s 7 years old now and it took a couple of years for his parents to really understand what happened, but when Colton Burpo was four years he was having surgery in the hospital for a burst appendix. While he was in surgery he apparently had some sort of out of body experience and could see what his parents were doing. He witnessed that his dad was praying and his mom on her cellphone. Both parents say they have no clue how he knew that, but that it’s absolutely true. And the story just gets more interesting from there.

Apparently during the same surgery Colton went to Heaven where he recounts how he met his grandfather who he had never known, who he later recognized in photos. The interesting thing is that he didn’t recognize photos of his grandfather as an old man with glasses, which is how everyone knew him, but rather as a young man. Colton’s father literally had go find a photo of ‘Pop’ as a young man before Colton was able to recognize him. Now that’s pretty wild.

Link

edit on 12-6-2014 by Murgatroid because: I felt like it..

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 09:30 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

According to science, there is dogma that you must simply stop existing upon death. Investigation beyond that point is stigmatized as not being science. Everything is science if you make it science. But, scientists have yet to understand that. Good luck to them figuring out how to shed dogma that stifles research. They already have the government messing up everything they do without being scewed by the faith-based belief that consciousness must be a simple phenomenon like lighting up a light bulb.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 10:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: wayforward

According to science, there is dogma that you must simply stop existing upon death.

IMHO, Consciousness is like a lense where we tend to focus it within a narrow spectrum of our realm of existence.
Those that hold the material sciences as having all the answers remain within that "known" spectrum and use it to explain the world around them as they see it. There can be nothing outside of that box they have created and share among others of like mind that help reinforce their presuppositions.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 10:11 PM
link   
It's impossible to study, well from what we know. But since a majority of scientists believe in science not God I don't believe they care too much lol.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 05:19 AM
link   
Such a funny post really, because so much study, thought and money HAS gone into this topic for centuries.

I believe it's a waste of time and resources at this point because I don't believe we have souls. I've said it before, but we're just bags of bacteria like all other life on this planet and our "souls" are merely our consciousness/awareness that exists due to our complex language abilities and reason. No reward. No punishment. No afterlife.

Now, can our consciousness in the way of thoughts, memories and personalities be transferred into say, computers and such? That's something that needs more research and development!

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 07:22 AM
link   
I think that if the physical nature of afterlife existence could be succinctly determined and fully described in the sense of it being another phase of human existence, and not as either the end of it or a completely unassociated transformation into an unrelated form of existence, then there are some people who work as scientists that would feel the urge to examine it. As it is now, the afterlife is predominantly defined as "belonging" to the larger question of the existence of God or All or Great Spirit or Flying Spaghetti Monster. Our modern Western culture can't seem to separate the possible survival of the human mind from the existence or nonexistence of any number of supernatural entities, each more omnipotently wondrous and/or horrific than the other, and this prevents our culture from taking any such research seriously.

There is and has been a lot of research into this subject, and from many different points of perspective, but none of it is considered scientific by our culture's reality definers. This is due primarily to the nature of the "modern" scientific method, which (having been invented many hundreds of years ago, as a form of applying brute fact observation onto inquiries) may not be the only way of determining the true nature of Reality as a whole. Certainly, with the advent of so much technology that separates the observer from what's being observed by so many degrees of digitally affected indication translation, it must be considered that observation can only provide a percentage of what the scientist requires to form an accurate assessment.

In fact, in the scientific study of micro systems and quantum mechanics, 100% of observation is based on fairly broad assumptions that are, themselves, based on equally tenuous assumptions, with some assumptions resting upon a literal stack of unproven assertions that are inherently unprovable. The Copenhagen Interpretation was nothing more than an official statement that declared the complete ignorance of all in attendance as it relates to the system physics of quantum interactions. Yet, from that statement, modern science ventured boldly forth to declare Reality to be stranger than fiction and open to every imaginable possibility.

I guess it all depends on how the majority of professionals in a culture's research community view a particular endeavor. At this moment, the study of human afterlife is considered by these geniuses to be fantasy, while imaginary strings and loops and imperceptible dimensions and multiveres aren't. I guess that it's these guys who have the authority to declare what is real and not real, regardless of the evidence of lack thereof.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 09:41 AM
link   

I guess a decent analogy of such a topic would be that right now, we humans are the equivalent to cavemen trying to find DNA strands with sticks & rocks!!!

It could be thousands of years before any technological equipment becomes available to search for the Soul!!!

The best tool we have now is Schizophrenia... as a Schizophrenic I know for a fact that what I see and hear daily is intelligent...

But it could range from Djinn, to Angels, to Tulpas or just those who have passed on!!!

I've no doubt that this technology is available to the like of Area51 etc...
But apparently even the Satanic need to perform rituals & seances around a flaming pentagram...
Then again... Maybe the technology is as simple as that!!!

Peace Care!!!
edit on 13-6-2014 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Uh, because we will be dead?

How about we take up post-death research when we are dead, when we can use it?

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: kelbtalfenek

So if scientists tried to figure this out, they would be treading on some seriously deep religious waters.

Not necessarily...
Figuring out there is an Afterlife is much different to finding out how the Afterlife works...

Like figuring out that we have DNA is far removed from working out how DNA works!!!

They just found the Higgs Boson...
But the next step of finding out how it works will take another couple of decades minimum, & that's if current technology allows us to understand...
Maybe we need new tech for such an accomplishment...
Even this was based on belief before it was proven...
Science includes Faith also... as much as Atheists deny such!!!
It's not religious, but hints of Belief & Faith are important when trying to employ a theory!!!

Peace Kel!!!
edit on 13-6-2014 by CharlieSpeirs because: Elaboration!!!

edit on 13-6-2014 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 06:29 PM
link   

I think, if everyone found out that there was another life, after this one, that was possibly "better" or just different; where control was a thing of the past, everyone would disappear; kill themselves and the 1% would no longer have anyone to sponge off.

It's a bit like, 'Why don't we have a cure for cancer yet?'

Because you can't make big money by selling drugs, that sort of work, to people if they don't need them in the "fight" against a horrible disease.

You can't make money from dead people either...

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Objective science at present does not have the tools to investigate NDEs. I do agree though it is worthy of investigation..

purp

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 07:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Toadmund

Id call 3 days in a morgue freezer pretty dead

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Mystics have studied the afterlife and the various mysteries for thousands and thousands of years.
Some call it the perennial philosophy, the secret teachings of all ages.

No dogma, knowledge, wisdom and understanding through practical experimentation.

Takes some dedication though, not for the faint of heart.

Seek and ye shall find, even if it is for your eyes only.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid
How cold was this freezer?
Was George Rodonaia frozen solid?

What about slowed metabolism due to coldness?

I assume George also never really died.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 02:02 PM
link   
visit the astral realm and your question will be answered

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 02:59 PM
link   

It's a strange coincidence (or more... a sychronicity...) that I found your thread; just when I was thinking about that question for myself.

And I think I have an answer:

The proof, that death isn't really the end, but merely a transition into another kind of existenc, that would change EVERYTHING. Even more, than the disclosure of the presence of extraterrestrial life on earth.

Because we would stop being afraid. And in a world in which almost all power is based on fear, such a change would be fundamental.

Not that I'm the greatest Christian, but I always wondered, what Jesus really meant when he said: "The truth will set you free."

How free would we be if we stopped being afraid to die?

And the best thing is... I think there's proof.

Read the books of Dr. Raymond Moody, Dr. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross, Dr. Pim van Lommel and many others about Near Death Experiences.

What you might find might lighten up your world... and set you free.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join