It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

We All Die: So Why is After-Death Investigation Such a Low Priority?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 10:42 AM
I believe I saw a study once on NDEs.

Supposedly, in some hospital (where there are numerous reports of NDEs) in one of the surgery rooms they placed a banner above the operating table. This banner had a phrase printed on it and the phrase was on the side of the banner facing upwards towards the ceiling.

Supposedly, they got a few folks who claimed to have NDEs on the operating table and a couple of these people knew the phrase on the banner afterwards.

I'll try to dig up something on that, if it even was a real study haha if not it's a good idea!

As to the OP. I totally agree with you! Death/Afterlife is certainly something that could be studied much more than it is. I really like your idea of hooking somebody up to devices as the die to measure for possible spirit....
edit on 11-6-2014 by lightedhype because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 10:45 AM
We need someone to lead the way, maybe you can volunteer to be an explorer.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 10:51 AM
a reply to: carewemust

Why not start interviewing the youngest children possible, perhaps they could have some valuable input coming from the other end of the spectrum.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 10:52 AM

originally posted by: LittleByLittle
Let assume these two things:
1. Reincarnation is real.
2. You in the end reap what you seed.

There is a couple of changes that happen to people who assume above:
1. Death becomes nothing to really fear if you have not screwed up and take responsibility of your actions. And if you are experiencing something you do not like and have no real investment in this place you can always leave. This is not a good thing for people who are in the habit of wanting many people to order around and bully thru different power Ponzi schemes.
2. People in power will know that the crap they create they will get back and they do not like that because the suffering they have caused is not nice to experience when the karma rebound appear.

The reason Christianity and Atheism is so nice for insane power hungry people is that they get a free pass to sin however much they want where eastern philosophies give no free pass from my point of view.
If you reap what you seed, some people have a whole lot to worry about. What free pass do you or they think will be handed??? I can see the types of seeds the PTB/wealthy/rulers of this world, have planted. Can't wait to see their harvest. It should be filled with LOTS of pain and sorrow; lack and poverty!

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 10:54 AM

originally posted by: yourmaker
because theres no way to actually study it

The countless thousands of those who have actually experienced an NDE would surely disagree.

The truth is there is no way for "science" to effectively cover up the truth about it so they won't go near it.

Even if they COULD study it, it would be nothing but disinformation.

You will NEVER find the truth by studying mainstream sources:

"...the Illuminati eventually controlled the science departments in all colleges and institutions of higher learning. The plan was to stifle scientific knowledge and then twist what was left to fit the science they wanted the people to believe.

Science - The Illuminati Religion

"Throughout recorded history, the Illuminati has successfully withheld from humankind major aspects of history and science in order to subjugate the masses. Historical, religious and political truths have been withheld from the general public in order to perpetuate armed conflict," he continues. By manipulating the souls evolving on earth, the Illuminati have deliberately suppressed the spiritual facts of life, not to mention liberating technologies, which could bring plenitude to all.

Secrets of Suppressed Science and History

Vicki Noratuk was born blind. In this C2C interview Vicki describes what it was like to experience sight for the first time. Then she goes on to describe encounters with Jesus, moving through hellish and heavenly realms, and being told she couldn't stay on the other side because she was to become a mother and teach unconditional love and forgiveness. Jesus, according to Vicki, also told her to tell others about him and her experience: "let them know of this day and tell them that I AM"..

NDE of Vicky Nuratuk - Blind from Birth

"Dr. Rodonaia was killed by the KGB, pronounced dead, taken to the morgue for three days and returned to life during his own autopsy. Dr. Rodonaia was a psychiatric researcher who worked for the KGB and later became a dissident. He was a scientist trained in historical materialism and did not believe in God."

"George Rodonaia underwent one of the most extended cases of a near-death experience ever recorded. Pronounced dead immediately after he was hit by a car in 1976, he was left for three days in the morgue. He did not "return to life" until a doctor began to make an incision in his abdomen as part of an autopsy procedure. Prior to his NDE he worked as a neuropathologist. He was also an avowed atheist.

Atheist Psychiatrist Killed By KGB

In 1985, Howard Storm had a near-death experience. As an avowed atheist, he found himself bewildered by the fact that his physical body was laying on the hospital bed, and yet could move around outside of his own body. He was tortured and beaten up by beings before being saved by a huge ball of light, which he believed to be Jesus. Beings of light gave him a life review, and he learned the true path that is meant for humanity: love. These beings of light showed him many things including but not limited to: revelations about religion, the bible, extraterrestrial life, the future of the world, and the future of the U.S.

Howard Storm

The Lazarus Phenomenon - part 1

The Lazarus Phenomenon - part 2

To Hell and Back

A former atheist went to hell...what he saw !

Nigerian Raised from the Dead - part 1

Nigerian Raised from the Dead - part 2

Caught up into Paradise: Dr. Richard Eby (pt. 1)

Caught up into Paradise: Dr. Richard Eby (pt. 2)

This is what death is like for someone that is prepared for it:

"I had to die to learn how to live. I died for 28 minutes, and it was during this death experience that I learned how to live."

"Can this be death?" I wondered. If so, I certainly had nothing to fear. There was no darkness, no uncertainty, only a change in location and a total sense of well-being.

My Glimpse of Eternity - Betty Malz - Google Books

"It was like getting on a roller coaster at Disney. And when you peak that high point of the ride it was a thrill, it was very exciting. I was launched from this planet to another one and it was a country as real as England or America. There is life after death and it is not a place where spirits float around bored being nice. It is a real place."

Death is like getting on a roller coaster (Video)
Another Video - (Fast Forward to 2Hr 22min.)

edit on 11-6-2014 by Murgatroid because: I felt like it..

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 02:37 PM

originally posted by: Unity_99
They do, but its the hidden studies in the military they've done in both OOBE's and NDE's that prove this that would infuriate people if they found out

They know, but don't want you to. And do all they can to spin it in fear based ways.

We are eternal beings.

Why would it infuriate people?

And why don't they want us to know?

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 02:49 PM
a reply to: carewemust

Can you imagine the can of worms you would open! Christian religions would go into chaos if life after death is proven to be completely false.
On the other hand, if it's proven that the soul exists, we then have to ask and where does it go? That question may never be answered.
edit on 11-6-2014 by Beowolfs because: .

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 03:00 PM
you're consiousness is tailored to a human, You all are human created souls.

Therefore if humanity dies, There will be no reincarnation unless more humans are created.

You can't just hack you're way through different genetics or travel to distant stars for no reason. You have to be carried there and die there to reincarnate there. Otherwise, If this wasn't true. No human on this planet would be human per-say.

When you say reincarnation, you mean the consiousness is preserved and brought into a new vessel. That does not mean that you a human, in such a theory. Would inhabit the body you currently are right now. As there is a high probability of more advanced *souls* existing that could and would inhabit those vessles. The human soul would be exinct in such a theory, and everyone here would of been an alien in a former life, since reincarnation can generate passed life memories and experiences its safe to say that the average human isn't building anti-gravity reactors in their garage or basement.

So if all of humanity were to parish where would we go? If humans are really just humans which is a certainty.
What god given right is granted to us would allow us to plague and possess a species in another planet?

See there is a paradox, and paradoxs cannot exist because paradoxs do not exist, It is only a answer of an incorrect formula. For a theory cannot be preserved or accurate if it is contradictory in nature.

So reincarnation is very real, But we are stuck here on earth with our species and our bodies. If we want to elivate to something further we will need technology to do so.
No one gets to stage 5 chanting OOmmmmm ..... Even the vedas gods Krishna and vishnu used technology... They flew around in Vehmanas. Zues used a flying charriot, like many other gods.

It's not the act of doing the impossible that makes you a God.
Its the potencial, the knowledge, and the resources/Orginization utilized to achieve all things possible.
It's having all the tools and information needed to acomplish any task within possibility, For impossiblity is a paradox.

The human brain is a multitude of tubelike fibers that fire neurons at each other within the tubes.

Think of the hadron collider.

There is a limit on mass density.
A star cannot grow to the size of millions of galaxies, Just like a tiny dot can't hold the entire universe.
Both are contradictory statements... paradoxs, And paradoxs do not exist.

All mass/energy has force resistance. Physical mass and energy/waves have structure held togther by protons quarks electrons. Just like steel has a bending point from pressure. Mass has a collapsing point or expanding/destablized point.

Say a star grows to large, Each particle, From the corona that protects the gas within the stars, The gas itself is each bonding and unbonding with atoms and other particles constantly. It also contains structure as the partcles move about, Same as the human brain.

The difference is, that all the mass inside a sun is not purely one substance, Where as the energy pumping through our brain are all one substance.... You see where im going with this?

Anyways if the theorized star gains to much pressure it will collapse on it's own weight.

if there is enough mass feeding the collapse point it will develop a small black hole/ like a black fire eating and ripping apart all mass and turning it into *charcol* another form of mass. Basically a fire consumes anything in its path correct.
It makes no distinction between particles, Given the heat and intensity. The outcome is a mixture of everything.

Since atoms such as oxygen hydrogen require a set ammount of protons,electrons quarks in order to function.

If an atom can be shattered,which is can. Then fragments of it would be within the *mixture* of other particles.

Since space is pressurized, It forces the newly formed mass into compressed particles. In the theory of a black hole, The mass that is crushed is turned into a non reacting particle, Since is Random shards of electrons, protons, quarks atom shards bonded into unfathomable ammount of particles. These particles lack the proper negative and positive charges and so are neutral. They do not spin, Because there is no *code* generation from the spinning action which creates *energy*

Without electons protons- subatomic particles orbiting or bonding with these newly dud particles. It does not bond with physical mass....

But is still present. So it may not excellerate decay rate, chemical change, or physical change because there no orbiting particles ( around the atoms) are being taken, as these particles fill up every inch of space.

But these particles don't linger in such a state forever, The shard eventually do peel back from the particles, As the shards bond and form new atoms, electrons... when it comes in contact with low gravity zones, Such as planets and forming star clusters.

Try to imagine, That if colliding mass can create * random mixtures of non reaction particles* Because like i mentioned you got oxygen, iron, magnesium, calcium or w/e element you can think of that should not bond. Being fused together once the atoms have shattered and rebonded under force. That's all just random... it has no function persay as in it does not steal electrons of orbiting particles from mass.. it may slow us down tho, creating things such as the variables of friction and speed of light. Because the particles are still there, And when you excellerate speed you excellerate resistance, and since.... well i guess Higgs is making a theory relating to all this? So i guess call it black molasses? The partcles are black molasses and still bump into physical mass.

its the bumping action that creates the spin of the galaxies. Anyways.

My point with all this is, The electrons firing in your brain is like the hadron collider.
Only, you are firing very distinct particles at each other. Not just random partcles, Not like how black holes form unreacting mass.

The particles we put together in our brains are all the same and interact with each other even in shards.... does that make sense?
The electrons that the brain fires at each other and smashing and condenses into our *soul* if you want to call it that is the same process that creates black matter and energy.

But as i mentioned, Not random. The charges are still present. You're body generates electricity. Where do you think this electricity comes from?

human spirits can exist because of these attributes, The particle decay rate is very slow. But having function and not being random, Can interact with the physical world. And being previously a conious entity, has potencial action and reaction.

But to reincarnate, you would need to overpower the energy/soul generation of an heir or nearby offspring/close friends relatives. I'm sure there are many new souls out there, because the brain and human body is an amazing thing.
But honestly reincarnation is a very dark topic. Because you must end something/someone elses life in order to continue on.

This is why life purpose is often discussed in religion and culture. Because what life you are given now is a gift.
From the single sperm cell to the soul that inhabits the womb. It's not to be taken lightly, as someone else could be doing what you should be doing, but only better. Lol.

edit on 11-6-2014 by AnuTyr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 03:51 PM

originally posted by: carewemust
Why doesn't mankind make it our HIGHEST/#1 priority to solve the mystery of what happens to the human spirit after we draw our last breath?

I find it a little ironic that you ask this question, because this EXACT question is one that mankind is trying to "solve" for all eternity already, it's at the core of basically any religion and most philosophies.

Religions have been established for thousands of years already, and with it theories, "truths" & "half truths". In fact, I guess earliest man already wondered what happen if we die, this is where religions have its origin.

The issue here rather that MAYBE the question cannot be answered within our "mainstream scientific" context, but even there are efforts made...I mean..neurology, psychology etc. for example try to find out the truth about our mind/ our mind really "a product of your brain"...or is there a duality of mind/ a separate soul that survives the physical body. So or so..those things are thought about and questioned for thousands of years already.
edit on 6/11/2014 by NoRulesAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 05:10 PM

even science and spirituality are one.

They must neither neglect each other.

i really enjoy hearing these kinds of points of views
edit on 11-6-2014 by AnuTyr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 07:10 PM
a reply to: ImDaMan

From my view the Christian wolf skinned cloak preached by Church written by Paul (or told to be written by Paul) that give free ride for wearing a Christian cloak without repairing the damage that have been causes.

I rather listen to both Jesus and Buddha than listen to Paul who in my way of thinking is only confusing the subject.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 08:53 PM
Its my opinion that organized religion stifled all areas of scientific progress. Including any scientific progress that relates to questions related to death and any alleged afterlife that may exist.

All of the powerful religions on this planet are exclusive and incurious. They're all clubs which claim to have all the answers. So why would anybody seek answers elsewhere? Some are also violent or were violent in their past. Which put an end to any such endeavors.

We're only now barely getting past that point on our planet. If we find out any scientific truth to questions about death and the afterlife I imagine it will be long after all of us currently alive are dead.
edit on 11-6-2014 by Frith because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 04:19 AM

originally posted by: Unity_99
They do, but its the hidden studies in the military they've done in both OOBE's and NDE's that prove this that would infuriate people if they found out

They know, but don't want you to. And do all they can to spin it in fear based ways.

We are eternal beings.

Actually they tested it with fighter pilots disproving ndes/obes, cause the brain was producing
"rem" like sleep. Just like how common is, rem sleep cycles are common with NDEs,
"rem" is active once you are near death, which is providing the person with a "lucid" dream;
in which whatever you desire will come true, wanting to see your dead parents,
sure its possible with lucid dreams, hell or heaven sure.
They proved they all had the same symptoms as rest of the patients had as well.

Think of it as of a natural defense mechanism, the brain is trying to protect itself.

I wonder if Life is nothing more than a mere dream. Once you finally realize it,
you become the creator, just like in our lucid dreams.

Nearing Death= Nice dream = complete death = non existence afterwards perhaps.

Imagine the billions of people before us that died, now they dont

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 10:48 AM
A nice summary of non-religious research was compiled by Chris Carter. It's called Science and the Afterlife experience. ris+carter

I read it a while ago, so forgive any misquotes, but in it he describes an experiment by the key members of a psychic research group in the early 1900s, part of which was completed after some of the members had died. It gives good evidence that information communicated to a number of psychics that didn't know each other contained things only known to the researchers and even more, it showed quite convincingly that it wasn't simply regurgitated memories but that there was a thinking mind behind it trained in very specific areas of speciality.

Good reading irrespective of your preconceptions.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 10:57 AM

We All Die: So Why is After-Death Investigation Such a Low Priority?

Because we savor surprise.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 01:23 PM
Currently there is not one model of the afterlife or heaven that fits all. Even Christianity has a fallen angel. How can an angel fall when heaven is perfect?

There are a number of prophecies and the One who is to fulfill them will do so perfectly. There are many ancient spirits who will recognize this one, they will only need one, or perhaps two who will then have the model or perfect game for all spirits and they will all join that one, or perhaps two and his/their perfect game. Their game will unite all spirits of all ages from our planet so no need to do anything else but go along with everyday highs and lows, play your own small part in the whole of things.

As for investigation, other things must be solved first like unemployment, famines, diseases, crimes. Making a heaven on Earth first which might lead to an understanding of the universe so the model of heaven can survive the scrutiny of ancient spirits who might adopt the models. And lets not forget there are many truthseekers and institutions, some appear to already have models which work, if you can do it better than you are welcome to try as long as you are sure you have what it takes or prepare to give up a whole lot unless you can find kindred spirits to study with.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 03:23 PM
Ever wonder why those who were brought back to life never say they experienced hell? I've always wondered about this...
It's always some heavenly thing with angels and God. hmm

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 03:45 PM
There is a conspiracy to keep people from knowing what actually happens when we die. Religion is used as a tool to steer people away from the true power of their mind. The pinecone/pineal symbolism in the vatican is one example of how religion actually does know the truth but is actively trying to keep you away from it.

Personally I have studied and am currently studying the after life. I know a lot of people here think astral projection is bs and its all mind games but if you really want to know what the afterlife is you should start by trying to induce your own out of body experience. This is possible through mediation. Do a google search for astral projection and you will find tons of information and techniques on how to do it. It is real, it is the afterlife, it is a lesser dense reality than the physical world.

When you figure out how to have an OBE yourself you can explore this density as much as possible. It is exactly like a dream. I have visited many heaven and many hell realms. In this reality thought = creation. What you think is what you get. If your afraid, something is going to scare you. If your happy your surroundings will reflect that. If you understand how to navigate in the "dream" realm the possibilities are endless.

You can fly, teleport, shape shift, create worlds out of nothing, destroy worlds with a thought, anything you can imagine. If you don't know how to do this stuff in a lucid dream/OBE/astral projection, you will not know how to do it when you die. People are creating their own heaven and hell realms after death and they have no idea. Dead people are stuck in there own creations and they don't have a clue that they are the creators.

A lot like this world, until we wake up.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 05:05 PM
There is an afterlife. You are freed of the body, and can have pure perception/thoughts without the filter of the "senses". We become orbs (the mind) and a light body. The Egyptians strongly believed that this life was preparation for the next world(s). The physical body has limitations, the Soul/Spirit has none. The term is called Starwalking or the afterlife ability to conscious decision to travel to other worlds. This info has been hidden form most. All who read this, go get this book :Life after Life by Raymond A. Moody. This book should be read by every human on this planet. It will bring you a sense of awe and peace. We all go on. Actually it seems like we become even more powerful. But even this is just scratching the surface.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 05:18 PM
a reply to: Murgatroid
Like I always say, again and again, it is a 'NEAR death experience' , not a death experience.
That's right, they did not die.
Therefore they did not have an after death experience, nobody has told me what an after death experience is like.
These peoples experience is the effects of a dying brain.

NDE's are not proof of LAD!

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>